Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

TheOctopus wrote:i wish someone at a meet and greet called them out on it. they seem so oblivious in interviews.

I thought about it during my Meet & Greet. It was just me and Mark standing next to each other in a corner, there was an awkward 5-10 second pause, and I chickened out. I did, however, give the most shocked reaction to him telling me that was the biggest tour blink had ever had.
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

And she said... wrote:
TheOctopus wrote:i wish someone at a meet and greet called them out on it. they seem so oblivious in interviews.

I thought about it during my Meet & Greet. It was just me and Mark standing next to each other in a corner, there was an awkward 5-10 second pause, and I chickened out. I did, however, give the most shocked reaction to him telling me that was the biggest tour blink had ever had.

Tbf, I wouldn't be the guy to give them that perspective about their new work during a meet & greet either ( :turd: ), but yeah, someone should totally do it. And was this really their biggest tour or?

Cool you got to meet them tho, must have missed ur post. How were the guys? Good show? They honestly were great live when I saw them, I really liked the tour production this time around. The new songs are just soulless.
Spoiler: show

I don't know if I did a post on it. All three of them were amazingly nice and super easy to talk to. I talked to Travis for a few minutes--it seemed that I was always with the band member who was left alone by the rest of the group.

The show was... professional. The songs sounded good and stuff, but I dunno. It didn't feel as fun as normal. Fwiw, I brought my 10 year old nephew along and he liked it. That said, I'll 100% go see them again and try to get backstage again.

travis always seemed the most laid back and geniune imo, gotta meet him and skiba one day. And I think I get what you mean by professional - everything ran on time, no banter, everything executed as practiced. No spontaneity, we all got the same show.

And nice on bringing your nephew, I brought my baby brother; it was his first show ever, he loved it. he snapchatted Travis after the show and Travis actually replied. Idk if you saw them reunion tour or otherwise 2009+, but the stage/tour production was so boring and unfit for blinks return imo. the only high energy time I saw them was at madison square garden, which was one of their first shows back i think and factored into the energy.

When we saw them this time in Brooklyn tho, the energy was insane. Multiple moshpits throughout the pit & set (which the other 3 shows I went to had none of), and the tour production was intense and fit the songs well I thought. they actually had different visual material prepared for each song which I thought was cool, along with the virtual d*face thing w/ travis' drumset being on the hood of the car.

I will agree that the stage production on this last tour was by far their best.

I had been to every show they'd done in Vancouver and Seattle since the reunion--and one Edmonton show just before Tom left. I enjoyed all of those shows significantly more and my expierence on the energy level was just the opposite.

It kicks ass that Travis responded to your little brother's snap. He's totally down to earth and awesome.

That actually leads me to a story about Mark. I told him all the shows I had been to and mentioned that in 2011 I had tickets to their show in Victoria as well and it got cancelled. I said it was a bummer because I live in Victoria and was looking forward to seeing them in my hometown. At the end of the Vancouver (Abbotsford) show this past summer if you listen to Mark doing his "thank yous" at the end of the show, you'll hear him thanking Victoria.

Edit: he starts then at the 2:42 mark http://youtu.be/wHXAqnz0Ffo

plopbellie wrote:
shpangler wrote:It sounds original and Feldy-less. Lyrics are still a bit meh in my opinion but I'm really digging the chorus. Just seems nice and distinct from the rest of California which is refreshing!

well it was written and recorded with feldman so thats a thing......

Well there is hope then haha. It just seems annoying how Feldman is always there. As a blink-182 fan he is like that annoying person that latches on and won't let go. But I'm glad they're still able to write some original material that sounds good.
It's Obvious

My favorite of the new tracks is still "Misery" but "6/8" is really dope!!! Seeing blink again in a few weeks! For the first time that won't require an 8+ hour drive or international travel. (I didn't travel abroad to see blink. I was there for work. BUT I happened to be in London when they had the acoustic gig at The Rose over the summer!)

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

I'm not into it, but I appreciate them for actually sounding like they put forth some effort on a song. The chorus (melodically, not so much lyrically) is probably the best thing Mark has written post-WYHSB.

Sig by KayTheMagnificent

"Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous." - Mark Hoppus

Instrumental reminds me of his feature on MXPX's "Empire"

Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Musically 6/8 is the most interesting song they released since Skiba joined. I like it, sounds a lot more independent than all those generic pop singles they've released previous. Plus Travis is amazing on it, showing what an incredible drummer he is.
"I always considered my job in Blink to try to architect new arrangements and sounds to push the band forward. I took on that role, and it was by no means only me -- everyone contributed to the great music that we did -- but I made that my passion, I made that my focus." -Tom DeLonge (Billboard, May 2017)

I ♥ ♫

6/8 is good. it didn't blow me away and sounds like (combined with los angeles) blink is shifting towards a radio butt rock sound.

this is closer to what i imagined to sound matt-era blink to sound like though. great drum performance, matt brings that explosive quality to it, mark writes a good chorus, there's a more dynamic and varied quality to it, and even the guitar at least sounds new for blink.

also what does everyone think of this fyre festival shit? Lol. i wonder why blink even booked that to begin with. I mean i know it's not the band's fault but even if it was a success id feel weird even playing or attending that. were blink the only ones to pull out? did the others ever even show up or plan to? What a joke.

Quick thought I had while discussing with someone on reddit. I have a theory that one of the big reasons California isn't really vibing with a lot of us on here is because it is a blink album that, for the first time, doesn't really match up to where a lot of us probably are in life. I don't know about the rest of you, but discovering enema when I was like 12 allowed me to get obsessed due to the accessibility, catchiness, poppiness and bratiness of the songs. TOYPAJ was an extension of that that took me through about 13-15. Then I go backwards during those years and discover Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat, exposing me to a rawer punk sound that matches my music discovery as my tastes expand a bit. Then, Untitled comes out right in the prime of my angsty teenage years and lines up perfectly. The break up happens. Then Neighborhoods come out right as I am leaving student life and entering adulthood, and although disjointed, it is Mark Tom and Travis together with a grown up, less in your face, more mature song. DED was an extension of that. I would listen to those two post-reunion records and I could connect those songs to a time in my life, and it would match. It fit.

California was the first time that didn't happen with blink. I am almost 30 now. The All Time Low pop-punk scene just doesn't really speak to me anymore, and blink+Feldmann pretty much tried to bottle that up and jam it down our throats. I think the music is fine, the songs are fun and get stuck in your head, I enjoy listening to it, but there is exactly 0 connection with the record for me.

Anyone else feeling like this?

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!