Tom DeLonge Mid Life Crisis?

I was thinking about this today. Tom must have had a midlife crisis in 2009 for really wanting blink to get back together. Maybe he thought of Travis near death crash as a sign that he will not live forever and needs to give blink one more run for a moment. In 2009 in changed his hair back to 2002-3 style. He started acting up more on stage(cussing, dick jokes, etc.) I think after 2009 when they did their first tour he realized he had his fun and probably wanted to end blink right there. It's sad to think about

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show

Re: Tom DeLonge Mid Life Crisis?

I don't think it was a mid-life crisis. I think it was purely that realization that Travis almost died. People act funny when it comes to death. It can bring out the best/worst in people. In Tom's case he didn't want to leave his relationship with Travis and Mark too I suppose tarnished. I think that got taken a little far at the time. Maybe Tom ended up biting off more then he can chew.

I know blink as we know its as dead as dead can get. However I do hope the three find some peace outside the band. Part of what I loved about blink was the friendship dynamic. When they were on stage it felt like they were more then just bandmates. The three just were hanging out and they happen to have instruments. And we were all there hanging out with them. Its a shame to see every peace out of that destroyed.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

KayTheMagnificent wrote:I remember how awkward Tom looked in those first days after blink announced they returned. it was like he got all excited and full of love and whatever, and then as soon as it was actually out there it was like 'oh... shit. im actually doing this'. or at least that's how it felt to me.

So you're saying he was like...

Spoiler: show

?
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

I read the title as "Tom Delonge Mod Life Crisis" and was like, "Yeah, makes sense. He hasn't been making shit for money off that site so now he's marketing an album of demos as would-be blink songs."
But then I realized that that isn't the title, so I guess my response is irrelevant.

Made by the Magnificent Kay =D