Re: Tom Delonge To The Stars Demos, Odds And Ends

Some of Tom's fans are currently allowing him to brutally fuck them in the ass with absolutely no lube right now.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. $130 for a recording of demos on vinyl, a shitty half-assed lithograph, a ridiculous shirt, and a CD of the same fucking demos. C'mon, people...surely you're smarter than this.
Last edited by tyler182 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

music isn't great.

as far as the bundles go, lmao. you don't need to look at the actual bundles to feel insulted. $10 (full album price) for a digital download of what are simply demos and/or b-sides- and probably not an album's length of them- is fucking absurd.

in hip-hop they have this thing called mixtapes. Tom should look that term up. hell, most artists of any genre put demos and shit out for free. all you need to do is go on bandcamp and you'll find many artists who aren't millionaires, putting their stuff out for free, and while most of them aren't as big a name as Tom Delonge (actually if we're looking at 2015 relevancy some of them are), those individual albums are getting more attention this shit will.

Tom is the first person in history that I know of to try to sell a $130 bundle of a demo EP/album. I can't call it trying when he'll succeed I guess. utterly ridiculous. probably not even worth listening to but if it is like I'm shelling out $10 for it. (N)

In another thread I said it'd be cool if blink-182 w/Matt Skiba was recorded as a live album and put it online for free. I joked about 'burning Tom'. But it ain't even about that. If that were to even happen it'd be about artistic integrity and doing something for yourselves and the fans. Not being blatantly dishonest and ripping people off. Not saying the music is entirely fake but there's nothing sincere about the way this is being marketed. More self-aggrandising bs.

let me pull a Tom and promote myself in a selfish way. carlcockatoo debut instrumental mixtape August 28th 2015. I'm going to put it out for free, and it's going to be better than this. When I say August I mean it. And if it's not really going to happen I'll let you know instead of dragging my feet. hmu. (ftr I'm planning on doing this anyway it's not just 'cause of some petty blink bs. we need better examples for musicians than this though lol.)

edit: what do you know. went on bandcamp. clicked on first album that appealed to me.

https://lorn.bandcamp.com/album/the-maz ... ere-part-3

it's not groundbreaking stuff and I doubt I'll come back to it. but it's an EP of decent music that you can get for free that is of higher quality of Tom's whatever this is.

edit 2: alright just a little more ranting and then I'm done.

wtf is this. http://shop.tothestarsinc.com/tom

I don't judge anyone on what they choose to buy but from a seller's position (in this case a musician trying to be a business mogul) fucking LOL. what is he selling that people are going to need giftcards for? giftcards are best suited for a real-life, in-store, speciality shop with lots of cool things to choose from. personally I don't recall every going to a band's website to buy things but if I did it'd be 'preorder album' or 'preorder tickets' or something and that'd be it. gift card is totally out of place.

we all saw the retail store thing. is he really expecting to forge this retail giant (hyperbole before some of you go off taking me too seriously again) out of his band + cartoon?

lol at Tom standing on the water. Jesus Tom is back.

All jokes aside though I read that he's releasing a track on March 9th, March 23rd and April 6th.

I liked what I heard. I think this really will be something pretty emotional from Tom all things considering, and I'm anxious to hear it. He is a businessman after all, so I would expect him to charge and have merchandise to go along with it like everything else he puts out. I wont buy any of the junk but I do want to hear the music.

in case you can't tell I'm just not happy with the music industry in general. a lot of it is the industry, not Tom.

i've just seriously never seen something so blatantly money grabbing where the artist actually was okay with it.

remember 2007 era Trent Reznor (RIP. Now we have 2015 Trent Reznor ;_;)? we need more people like that, which we are getting. we're seeing the overpriced standards of the music industry coming down and people embracing the 'democratisation' of music and then you get this dorky millionaire selling his demos for $10 or $130 with ridiculous bundles lol.

KayTheMagnificent wrote:I dont blame him for charging but ultimately these are demos he's shat out in the space of two months. charging the same amount as you would for a full length studio produced record is a piss take, not to mention the ridiculous money grabbing bundles.

Yeah, some of those prices are ridiculous. Some crazy people out there will spend their hard earned money on them too.. lol
Sig made by Elevator

KayTheMagnificent wrote:I dont blame him for charging but ultimately these are demos he's shat out in the space of two months. charging the same amount as you would for a full length studio produced record is a piss take, not to mention the ridiculous money grabbing bundles.

This looks so shitty. What a shill this guy is. For as much of an artist he claims to be, he's one of the wealthiest, and cobbling together some probably mediocre demos in the span of a few months in a blink-breakup-spurred haste doesn't sound like something you should charge your listenership for.

Everything about this reeks of half-assed. The media for it is dogshit scraps from various photo shoots and his crappy paintings. The cover is hilarious. I love the farted on perspective text with a shitty blend. Looks like it all took 5 minutes. I'm guessing the music will be treated similarly. Don't get had with this, folks. Wait for a torrent and do yourself a favor.

twitter

How anyone can defend Tom for selling this piece crap is beyond me. The guy has lost his mind.... I seriously do worry about the state of him at the moment.

The clips where terrible. Not surprising, because he hasn't written one good song in over 10 years. We now know who has been dragging Blink down all these years.... creative wise and tour wise.

I'd say fuck Tom DeLonge, but he's already fucked himself enough.