Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31581
Elevator wrote:Tom looks like he had some fun playing Disaster here, even though you all hate it.



Just makes me think of this quote:

I think that Tom doesn’t want to do Blink. I don’t think he has fun doing it. I think he has a good time when he’s onstage, but I think that other than that, he just doesn’t enjoy it. That’s just my guess and my observation from the past, whatever, three years?
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31582
Elevator wrote:Watching some random shows from the last tours Tom-era blink did. I had no idea they toured Dogs Eating Dogs in the US. I thought they only ended up playing a few shows in Australia with the other drummer to support it.

Tom looks like he had some fun playing Disaster here, even though you all hate it.



Tom overall that show was on point. There are a LOT of videos for that show. All of Tom's parts handled better then I'm use to seeing during the post-hiatus times. Must have been a great show to have been at...
Image

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31583
OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:
Elevator wrote:Watching some random shows from the last tours Tom-era blink did. I had no idea they toured Dogs Eating Dogs in the US. I thought they only ended up playing a few shows in Australia with the other drummer to support it.

Tom looks like he had some fun playing Disaster here, even though you all hate it.



Tom overall that show was on point. There are a LOT of videos for that show. All of Tom's parts handled better then I'm use to seeing during the post-hiatus times. Must have been a great show to have been at...


Bums me out because I really thought blink had some energy and momentum after a solid DED release, and I really thought the next album was going to be something special. But the best laid plans...

Also, damn, tom's twitching is out of control there at 1:25 or so.
Image

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31585
Thibaut182 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/ernieball/videos/10153581327066682/

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just when I had moved on. Lol ...

There are many things I can say.

But if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31586
Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:
Thibaut182 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/ernieball/videos/10153581327066682/

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just when I had moved on. Lol ...

There are many things I can say.

But if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.




I have some nice things to say!
It looks promising, at least when it comes to showcasing his gear, which if you like playing/making/looking at guitars, this will be very interesting.
Plus he says something about Mark, and it sounds very kind on his skills as a bassist and a musician overall.
I mean yeah I'm sure he'll plug his "audiovisual endevours" as much as he can, but this is a show by Ernie Ball strings and instruments, and if it's like every other interview where they ask musicians about his sounds throughout different stages of his career and gear he used to achieve them, I'm hyped as hell!

Also, have you been to the site? you get to see photos of his Strats and 335s!

Plus this gem:
https://www.ernieball.com/thepursuitoftone?utm_campaign=pursuit_of_tone&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fb_ad&utm_content=hunter-hayes
Image

Image

Please somebody make this meme
"I'm a little bit shy, a bit strange and a little bit manic..."

Image

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31590
Tom on the Untitled Anniversary shows was amazing. Well, at least for my show. That one Blizzcon performance is pretty bad haha. It's funny after seeing them live twice this year and looking back on some of those videos, it's crazy how different it is. You can actually hear full words. So I guess take your pick: banter (Tom) or pronounced words (Matt).

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31594
Kay wrote:Finally actually watched that extended trailer for pursuit of tone.

It always amazes me that he manages to come across like such a tool. it's impressive.

I'm actually annoyed because after California, I've been fine with Tom. I've almost started to feel nostalgic over the bastard.

But his tool-ish-ness has really fucked me over the wrong way again.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31595
Kay wrote:the banter was so forced later on, though. occasionally super awkward.



In terms of Tom that video was actually pretty low-key on the EGO. That mention or knock in my mind of the whole "punk rock is having the balls to leave your band" thing, which he still claims he didn't do.

And yeah Banter hasn't been the same over the last few years. There are a few gems here and there. But for the most part its been awkward. Especially those moments were Tom tries to get all Sentimental and emotional and there was Mark who couldnt give two shits lol....

Tom: "Remember that Time we got Robert Smith to record with us. It was like surreal..."
Mark "Yeah.. that was great... LETS PLAY SOME MUSIC!!! "
Image

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31596
OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:
Kay wrote:the banter was so forced later on, though. occasionally super awkward.



In terms of Tom that video was actually pretty low-key on the EGO. That mention or knock in my mind of the whole "punk rock is having the balls to leave your band" thing, which he still claims he didn't do.

And yeah Banter hasn't been the same over the last few years. There are a few gems here and there. But for the most part its been awkward. Especially those moments were Tom tries to get all Sentimental and emotional and there was Mark who couldnt give two shits lol....

Tom: "Remember that Time we got Robert Smith to record with us. It was like surreal..."
Mark "Yeah.. that was great... LETS PLAY SOME MUSIC!!! "

LOL what? Did that actually happen during a song? Find me the link and I will love you forever :D
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31598
OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFhiRkrglbU

I paraphrased... but yeah lol...


Honestly, there really is a large part of me that thinks Mark has as much to do with the issues as Tom. Just misunderstandings and clashing personalities as they all grew up. Tom has documented instances of getting excited about blink, seemingly only to be shot down. Love California, but still wistful for the old trio.

Also, I think that Ernie Ball trailer looks really cool. I've come to peace with what Tom is and what he wants now, and I still love the guy. Excited to see the full thing.
Image

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron