Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:
yodda wrote:
Kyle wrote:A grammy would be the most amazing fuck you to Tom. Can't wait.

Not really
Tom could have quite easily pumped out a California - he probably would have produced a way better single than Bored To Death
difference is he doesn't wanna live in the past

Lol. What? Tom tried that ..... and more ...... with that odds and end thing. There was even a song on there that was more punk-y than "My First Punk Song" or whatever.

The way he marketed AvA (especially Whisper), you can bet your bottom dollar that he was trying more than anything to get recognition. And yet, he didn't.

LOL, sure! Odds and ends was definitly toms attempt at winning a grammy! And that punk song? A totally serious poppy jam aimed at radio play.

Tom could shit out a pop album like california any day (in fact he produces better shit about 3 times a day). Thank the lord allmighty that wanted to move forward. It took just one album without Tom to see how much blink needs him.

And about that grammy nomination? It just confirms what we've all been saying. Blink has finally become the lame rehashed version of itself that the 'all the small things' masses have been waiting for for so long now. Its so bad they even imitated one of their old videos. The sell out is real.
Last edited by PantaRhei on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thinking more about blink's Grammy nom this year vs when Enema or untitled could have been nominated, a big reason has to be the people who decide who gets nominated. In 1999 or 2003 blink was seen by the critics more of this annoying boy-band with instruments. Fast forward to today and it's (probably) different people doing the nominating; who see blink as that band they loved from their youth. I guess the point of the nomination is to right the wrongs by the other two not getting nominated.

All it did for me was remind me that two much more deserving albums never got nominated, though. Still super happy for Mark and Travis, happy for Matt, and Feldmann can fuck off.
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

Ryan. wrote:This place sucks now.

Kinda has for a while.... we've be beating the same dead horse for 4 months...

Fourm Sum Up:
ONE SIDE: CALIFORNIA SUCKS..... || OTHER SIDE: NO IT DOESN'T!!!!

But seriously those bringing the "oh yeah... Tom could make a better pop album then California.." Just shut up....

He didn't, he wont and with the way his current music is going, and his vocal style, he couldn't.

This is going into the fanboy realm. The realm right next to fan fiction.... Its an awful two realms....

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Pretty sure most anyone with a modicum of musical talent could write California when you have a shitty boy band producer writing the songs for you. Tom could certainly do it, half of that Odds and Ends thing he barely put an ounce of effort into it could fit on California.

Sig by KayTheMagnificent

"Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous." - Mark Hoppus

Kyle wrote:A grammy would be the most amazing fuck you to Tom. Can't wait.

So this was actually taken seriously?

Been out a while, just saw Elevator had left. I was actually hoping he'd respond to that last post. :exhausted:

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

" the forum is so toxic now" "this place sucks because a shockingly large amount of the fan base despise this record"

Boo friggin' hoo. the people who are supposedly the problem here are the only people keeping it going - because they're actually posting.
There are a large variety of reasons as to why this place has slowly died over the years, and the shit show that is California has very little to actually do with it. It was just us chatting about blink before, and it's just us chatting about blink now. Stop being so damn dramatic.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

I still don't really get the hate for California. I said it before and I guess I have to say it again. People just need to be happy that we got anything at all. It's absolutely better than nothing. It's nowhere near the quality of their past work. But it's far better than I would have expected for a situation that shouldn't have had an album as an end result in the first place.

Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Jeremy wrote:What is wrong with you people? Are you all on day release?

I just think blink needs to do an album just as abstract as 22, A Million. :lol:

Kay wrote:" the forum is so toxic now" "this place sucks because a shockingly large amount of the fan base despise this record"

Boo friggin' hoo. the people who are supposedly the problem here are the only people keeping it going - because they're actually posting.
There are a large variety of reasons as to why this place has slowly died over the years, and the shit show that is California has very little to actually do with it. It was just us chatting about blink before, and it's just us chatting about blink now. Stop being so damn dramatic.

No its not cause of an opinion. Ive said it before I've said it again. An opinion is an opinion. Everyones allowed to have one. And no ones opinion is fact. Unless your Donald Trump. And maybe its just because im having a bad a week.. But the majority of the fan base ? What the 4 people who still frequent this form?!?!?!? Maybe 20 on another site and those tom-bees on avamovement? Thats the majority of the fan base? ?? HUH?

Ive been to two blink shows this year. With 2,000 to 3,000 people in attendance. All enjoying themselves. All a part of the fan base. Maybe there not "diehard". Sadly im starting to think the only "diehards" are apparently people who just hate everything about the things there supposedly fans about.. At least people who frequent fourms. Ive seen it everywhere, on here on games. Its mind blowing sometimes. The amount of people Ive seen complain. Add them all up. if there the "only" fans or the "majority" and we were getting EOTS or Self Titled, now, for the first time and they were only ones buying are the you know "fans". it wouidn't be enough to make a platinum record. Hell that might total out to be less then a 100 people.

True fans are the ones who refuse to go to shows no matter what the line up is at this point.Right?

The reason the fourm is toxic, is that nothing of any constructive purposes has been said in ages. Its been the same recycled shit over and over and over and over. :: Waiting for Yodda to make a California joke :: :: Waiting for Friskys Cynical quip :: Its like fucking clockwork..... In a year some of you are gonna do what you did in Neighborhoods. You hated at present. Then it grew. Or who knows maybe it won't. Think really hard on what blink 182 really is. What it sounds like. To every single person thats gonna be different. To the members of the band they feel they found that sound. That doesn't make California shit. Just makes it shit to you. Just like Brocc hates Self titled. Just like how a few people think hes crazy.

I shouldn't post this, I should probably delete this. And most of this is me taking out shit about other things here. But hey why not right? I minus well make myself feel better about something! But despite the motivations, poor grammar, and arguably uncalled for remarks. There is some truth to what I say. Y'all starting to sound like ignorant idiots.

And yeah.... I feel a bit better...

::end rant::

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs