Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Kay wrote:a little weird, not what I expected.
The first show of the tour is literally a 20 minute train journey from my house, and I still don't know if I can be bothered.

If tickets are in your price range, I would do it. You've never seen them and even if you're not too excited with California or hearing the singles, it would suck to go through life not ever seeing your what I presume favorite band live.

I certainly had an excellent time at my show, but I was with 5 friends who were all into the idea of having a good time.

I say go, you may not think you will regret it. But give it some time . When the band is completely done. No Tom, No Matt, No Mark, No Travis. You'll say "fuck that was my favorite band, never saw them once!" And it being only 20 minutes away? I flew 700 miles to see them last summer. I Do not regret it one bit. Best vacation I've had maybe, ever. (And I've seen them 4 times previously)

If you've seen them before I'd say I see your point. But you haven't seen blink in ANY incarnation! Matt does Justice to the old material. Will you hear the same now awkward dick jokes? Nope! Does that make or break the show? Nope!

If Tom really were still in the band and he wasn't going around this time. I'd say Ok wait. But you may never get another chance, to see Mark & Travis do this together as blink. You know especially if Trump ends up bombing all of Europe.

I think your nuts for missing this. But thats just my two cents.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Matts version of the band is not the band I love. I'm sure he performs well, I'm an alk3 fan after all, but this is not the blink I want to see. I doubt I'd see them if Tom was still in either, really.

I missed my chance to see them in 2004, and thats the last time I probably would have happily seen them. Everything since then has been a farce, so no. I'm happy not going.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

xDumpweed182x wrote:Confirmed new music for a deluxe edition. But the extra material will be recorded when they go back into the studio in a couple weeks. Yay for more generic poppy Feldy bullshit.

Bummer. I wish they'd just record a new album's worth then. Was really looking forward to the non-Feld stuff to be tacked on.

Way too soon for a new album, but would still love 10 songs rather than 3 added onto an album they've already released.

I'd rather have the pre-feldy songs. For comparison at the very least.

Who knows I'll most likely enjoy them. I can't help but feel like their souls were sold though. And that makes it so bitter tasting .

I did and still do enjoy California lots. I'm kind of surprised No Future has grown on me. It was the only song on the album I originally didn't like.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:I'd rather have the pre-feldy songs. For comparison at the very least.

Who knows I'll most likely enjoy them. I can't help but feel like their souls were sold though. And that makes it so bitter tasting .

I did and still do enjoy California lots. I'm kind of surprised No Future has grown on me. It was the only song on the album I originally didn't like.

Yeah I really enjoy coming back to California after not listening for a while. It has its catchy fun moments.

I put it on par with all of the post-hiatus stuff. Tied with Neighborhoods, but just shy of Dogs Eating Dogs in my opinion.

That dang EP needs a vinyl pressing.

Elevator wrote:I feel like I'm basically done with blink.

I've got my memories and the Tom stuff, +44, AVA, etc. Anything they do going forward I could give a fuck about.

Nothing about them excites me or interests me. Their time is over.

Sadly, this is where I'm going as well. Its shocking, considering how anti-Tom / Anti-AVA I was for so long, but I genuinely just struggle to be comfortable with current blink-182.
and thats actually understandable - it isn't meant for me. They've worked very hard at aiming 'new' blink at the younger demographics again and I no longer fit into that world, so I can't really expect their music to cater to me anymore.

+44 and self titled, neighbourhoods and AVA were nice because they were accessible regardless of age. California is not, and if thats the money-centred direction they will continue with, then I'm too old for it. simple as that.

This is also why this morning, when tickets went on sale, I saw the cost, politely said "Are you kidding? thats a weeks food shopping! how ridiculous!" and confirmed for myself that I will never see blink-182 live. and I'm okay with that.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!