Re: The Other Bands Random Topic

IMO Into it. Over It. sound like what would have happened if JEW kept exploring the sound of Clarity. That is part of why I am low-key obsessed with IIOI.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

His new album is nothing short of amazing. He is the one person I've listened to consistently over the last 15-16 years.

He has so many projects that his music style always changes. Especially as he got older playing with Bright Eyes, each album is different. Monsters of Folk, one of his side projects, are worth checking out.

I tried monsters of folk years ago and never got on with it, I saw how mad you and henry were on it so I was curious but I couldn't get on board. I like one or two bright eyes songs like Lover I Don't Have To Love and the one with the plane crashing and that other one... that I can't even describe. its very simple, has some line thats like "and we go to dinner but you don't hold my hand" or something. really scratching at the back of my memory at this point.
I think I'll try again :)

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

justin wrote:This song has been stuck in my head the last couple of days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPmAO4xpQcE

Back from the dead, I see.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

justin wrote:
Kyle wrote:
justin wrote:This song has been stuck in my head the last couple of days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPmAO4xpQcE

Back from the dead, I see.

It's getting close to Halloween, so I figured I'd come back as a ghost.

I think that's what most of us here are doing. :lol:

Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Seeing Yellowcard in a few weeks for the last time. #sadness

This year's been a good one for me musically! Saw the Cure and blink from the front on the barricade. Plus also saw blink at the gig at the Rose! OH! And Coldplay at Wembley. :D

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."

If anyone still hasn't listened to the new Bon Iver album... please do yourself a favor and listen to it.

Kay wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:Dunno how I had never listened to Frank Turner before... But I am so glad that I did. <3

Everything before the latest album is gold (except Poetry of the Deed, just skip that one entirely) even his beginning EPs are amazing.

My favorites are Tape Deck Heart and Positive Songs for Negative People. :heart: