Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

I've never seen them, and provided nothing awful happens I may still actually be in paid employment by the time they sell tickets over here. I'll be over the moon if I finally get to see them. I hope they do more than just 3 or 4 UK shows though, I really don't want to have to travel to london or birmingham for it. Bristol or Cardiff please ya dicks. (So unlikely blink have played Cardiff literally only once ever)

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

I've been blessed most of my life living nearing places where bands frequent. Less so now living in NC vs living in NY. But even now its not horrible. Plus side its an hour plane ride for to me head to my home town. Where bands like blink visit each summer. Just get together with my best mates, get a few beers and enjoy the shows. I've seen blink 5 times now. Minus Toms singing in the first two reunion shows it was a great time. Kay you owe yourself at least once :)

I'm seeing them twice this summer incase they fall apart after this. Hoping to get at least one more summer tour in 2018. Guess we will have to wait and see

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Ryan. wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:WHY DONT I LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR LONDON
FFS
AND WHY AM I WORKING THEN
FFFFFFFSSSSSSSS

You would have to queue up tomorrow to get the tickets from the shop directly as well

I know, hence the double screaming lol

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:I've been blessed most of my life living nearing places where bands frequent. Less so now living in NC vs living in NY. But even now its not horrible. Plus side its an hour plane ride for to me head to my home town. Where bands like blink visit each summer. Just get together with my best mates, get a few beers and enjoy the shows. I've seen blink 5 times now. Minus Toms singing in the first two reunion shows it was a great time. Kay you owe yourself at least once :)

I'm seeing them twice this summer incase they fall apart after this. Hoping to get at least one more summer tour in 2018. Guess we will have to wait and see

I couldn't afford to see them in 2004, because I was like 15 / 16 and doing my GCSEs when they were playing.
When they reformed and came over here most of their shows were festivals which I again could not afford. the first time I could afford to see them was 2011 (I think) but the show got cancelled and I had the option to keep it til its rescheduled date (which was like a year later) or get a refund. I knew I would be without the funds the year following for hotels and travel costs so I got the refund.
and then the split happened.

I basically have had abysmal luck when it comes to blink and seeing them live. actually just in general, I'm missing out on MCS's last ever tour and who's supporting them? fucking Say Anything. two of my favourite bands and I'm missing it because of terrible timing / no friends with similar tastes.

The stupider thing is even if blink do come here in a place I can reasonably get to, afford to stay at and travel around, I'll have no one to go with. I have no friends who like blink, my fiancee doesn't like em'. may end up going solo and that blows.

but either way I'll make sure I'm goddamn going.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

restingbird wrote:
Thibaut182 wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:Yesterday I entered the raffle for the BBC Radio 1 thing. Here's hoping that works out! :)

Good luck !
I also entered :)

New interview
http://www.2hoursmattpinfield.com/2016/ ... rk-hoppus/

It's so fucking exciting hearing Mark talk about those songs. This record cannot come soon enough.

Yesssss! Just hearing Mark talk about a bunch of songs individually is awesome. It's the closest we have to actually hearing the songs right now in a way haha

https://coastingband.bandcamp.com

That would be great ... there's bound to be a lot of those in this album. I mean, even though Mark has said that he's done with the "he said/she said" thing, the fact that the band was forced to make songs really, really fast probably means that Mark was forced to go back to what's natural to him. And that means writing about what he knows. SHE SAID!

Frankly, I've always loved 'em.

That would've been another great album title, too. If "Josie" is my number one, then "And she said ..." would've been my number two.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Great interview. Kerrang could learn a thing or two. A little slow at first but it picked up once they got a groove going. Loved hearing about each song and what it meant. I'll admit im not thrilled with the fact sober was co-written by sell-out boy. But so long as Mark, Matt and John where involved I have confidence it can still be good. After all In-Transit turned out to be an awesome song. Although that was Pete Wentz... same band tho..

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

I get that blink doesn't want to talk about Tom a ton because it distracts from all the work they and especially Matt did in making this album. Tom's obviously a focal point because of the weird shit in the media the last year and a half, but even I, Tom-Bot Extraordinaire, am so over this shit.

Does Tom need to be discussed in detail at some point? Yeah, absolutely. It should be chronicled and spoken of candidly and preferably with Tom's input someday, but blink is promoting their new lineup and new album - not exactly the best time to pepper them with Tom questions. I could see why it's infuriating to some because it's like Mark and Travis can't escape him, but that's just how it is for now. Time will help with that.

At the same time I think they were already prepared to deal with that and the best thing they can do is be polite and not give the press any ammunition to stir shit up, thus not giving Tom a soap box to stand on in reaction to things. Just kind of move on. And again, this is coming from the guy who wants all the fucking dirt on the blink breakups and Tom/Mark drama at every available opportunity.

twitter