Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

c_ortiz93 wrote:
Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:Did you guys read this Forbes interview with blink? Pretty nifty. Mark says he's going to sleep on the floor of a van like how they used to. He's going to have a van pulled by the tour bus and just switch back there. It's pretty awesome .... reliving how it used to be like. At the end of the interview, they talk a LITTLE bit about some songs on the album. I keep on hearing Rabbit Hole ha.

They seem really stoked for Cynical, though. Mark says that was the song that basically sums up the record. Just fast, loud and BAM. I'm really excited ....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebaltin ... 7b831556f3

Pretty cool interview. It's nice to read that they're feeling the same hunger and energy that they had when they were a younger band. I'm getting a little tired of "gang vocals" in pop punk songs so I'm not too excited to hear that Rabbit Hole will have that. At least it'll just be in the end of the song.

Sounds Cool but also sorta sounds like a Mid Life Crisis. No one I know who tours sleeping on a van floor, wants to be sleeping on the van floor.... Most tour vans are also pretty gnarly...

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Waggy wrote:I'm 100% sure that Mark was joking about sleeping in a van being towed by the tour bus, and the fact that you guys didn't get that makes me worried for all of you.

liiittle bit.

So this was posted on blink-182online, had to share it for sheer WOAH factor -

thats from the blink party the other night. Ignoring the fact they got his name wrong... the fuck is Atom doing there haha?

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Waggy wrote:I'm 100% sure that Mark was joking about sleeping in a van being towed by the tour bus, and the fact that you guys didn't get that makes me worried for all of you.

You should probably be worrying for me then. I was like ... fuck ... yah!!! That's awesome!

If he does do that, however, do I get like a lollipop or something?

And someone said earlier that they were concerned about blink doing gang vocals. I can understand that to a degree. That being said, it's fun when a band you like tries out what everyone else is doing, but gives it a unique spin.

Like, I remember when hyping up their All Hope Is Gone album, Slipknot said that they were going to do breakdowns in Wherein Lies Continue song, which, as many of you know, is overused in various genres. However, it was still exciting to see what Slipknot would do, and they ended up almost making a parody of breakdowns by giving it their own unique spin to it.

It's also fun when bands try out a trend when it's WAAAAAAYYYY old and no one does it anymore.

Again, with Slipknot on their The Gray Chapter album, they incorporated a Mediterranean sound into their song Sarcastrophe, which was a huge thing metal bands started doing like crazy in early 2000s (even though it had been done before ... more and more just jumped on the bandwagon then).

So it could work. It would be interesting for blink to try it out ... even though I usually hate them myself haha
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

What did I just watch?

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

KayTheMagnificent wrote:

liiittle bit.

thats from the blink party the other night. Ignoring the fact they got his name wrong... the fuck is Atom doing there haha?

Atom is a really good friend of Skiba's. He was also in the side project TheHell which was made of just Atom and Matt.

Lets see we have members of angels and waves at the party, and of blink, but no Tom :P

Matt Skiba is friends with a lot of talented people. If blink doesnt do more work after California as run its course and AK3 doesnt record he will probably start another side project. Dude loves his music... Or another Sekrets record. I wouldnt be opposed to that...

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

KayTheMagnificent wrote:

liiittle bit.

his name is Adam haha
And he was in the hell with Matt.
Done.

http://www.ryannevill.com
It's the worst damn day (it doesn't hurt that much) of my life.

So I talked to a friend from LA yesterday who likes blink but isn't a diehard. She said "I'm going to the San Diego show on the 22nd but there are rumors that Tom isn't going to be there." When I told her that Tom hasn't been in the band for a year, she said one of her friends told her that Tom would be playing at most of the other shows on the tour, just maybe not the San Diego one. It's like she wouldn't believe me when I told her he wouldn't be at any of them and that he isn't in the band.

So there's an idea of what the general public thinks..

xDumpweed182x wrote:So I talked to a friend from LA yesterday who likes blink but isn't a diehard. She said "I'm going to the San Diego show on the 22nd but there are rumors that Tom isn't going to be there." When I told her that Tom hasn't been in the band for a year, she said one of her friends told her that Tom would be playing at most of the other shows on the tour, just maybe not the San Diego one. It's like she wouldn't believe me when I told her he wouldn't be at any of them and that he isn't in the band.

So there's an idea of what the general public thinks..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)