Re: Tom Delonge To The Stars Demos, Odds And Ends

A55VA6 wrote:
MilfredCubicle wrote:Honestly this sounds like what Boxcar Racer would have evolved into. I like the melody.

I wonder who did the drums for the song...

Brooks Wackerman of Bad Religion
Also to note, Tom did do all guitars and bass on the album.

Aaron Rubin said that on Instagram.

That's awesome. He played drums when I saw blink in Sydney.
Sig by Djenni

Kurt182 wrote:To all the people asking for download links, why don't yous just FUCKING BUY IT? Seriously.

Anyway,
I like the song.. The only reason that anybody on here.. a BLINK forum, would be saying it's 'shit', is because they don't like Tom anymore, because of all the stuff that's gone down this year. If this is 'shit'.. then so is their entire catalogue post-2003ish... in which case, why are you even still following them, 12 years later? hahaha.
Gotta learn to separate your personal opinion of someone from the "art" (lol) they release.

Because they don't want to support Tom's bullshit?

And while it's better than I was expecting (I actually listened more than once) it is pretty shit, and so is a lot of their post-2003 catalogue, so yes, you're correct.

It is clearly a demo and hastily thrown together and so for that I will give Tom some credit, but if I'm a producer I'm looking at things like the line "I'm lost deep inside of it" and telling him to rework the melody and the transition from that to the end of the chorus. There's a bunch of other issues too that proper work on the song probably would have ironed out in due time.

One thing I do want to say that I am impressed with is that I think Tom seems to have figured out how to make his studio vocals sound quite good these days. He has dropped all the ridiculous reverbs and whatever other crap he'd throw on his vocal tracks from before; I guess working with Aaron Rubin taught him a thing or two.

Kurt182 wrote:To all the people asking for download links, why don't yous just FUCKING BUY IT? Seriously.

Anyway,
I like the song.. The only reason that anybody on here.. a BLINK forum, would be saying it's 'shit', is because they don't like Tom anymore, because of all the stuff that's gone down this year. If this is 'shit'.. then so is their entire catalogue post-2003ish... in which case, why are you even still following them, 12 years later? hahaha.
Gotta learn to separate your personal opinion of someone from the "art" (lol) they release.

Byefelica

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show

Anyway,

1) Because I don't want to give him money anymore.

2) Or maybe just because it's not anything special at all, and our opinions of music are subjective.

Listened twice. it's not quite the abortion I was expecting, but it's not good either. Production is terrible, it's rushed and actually too long. if it had be cut to the 2.30 mark it would have been much less repetitive and annoying. the verse and 'chorus' melodies are extremely ergh but the pre chorus isn't that bad.

The lyrics are awful and honestly pissed me off quite a lot. he's such a cunt.

Seriously, the crucified line. How aren't more people amused / annoyed by him essentially comparing himself to Jesus? for any other artist I'd write it off, but for Tom it's so... typically self felating.

Of course though the majority of the AVA movement think it's strung from gold, glad some people here still aren't too distracted by Tom's cock in their mouth to actually pay attention.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Anyway,

God forbid someone actually has an opinion that wasn't influenced by their personal views of Tom.

The song is definitely terrible. But also, fuck Tom.

lol @Milfred

Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.