Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: Rolling Stone: Tom.Is.Out.

This has tarnished his legacy among certain people but I don't think it's ruined his career with AVA. For the most part only 'core' AVA fans are even supporting that band so aside from some angry fans who love blink leaving not much will change. And I don't want AVA to fail. I'm not even mad at Tom really; just own up to it. The only thing that has really changed is he'll have to fund it through his $50 million.

Artists survive feuds all the time. Tom's legacy is stained but his career isn't completely over and he isn't totally beyond redemption. His career with blink 182 is pretty much done, but AVA is what he wanted anyway. I hope a few years from now they'll be able to heal everything and have a brief reunion. You know how David Gilmour and Roger Waters are (since Tom loves Pink Floyd)? I hope Mark and Tom will be able to avoid that and maybe at some point they'll have a brief reunion to end everything on good terms.

For now bring on the drama though, let them explode and get their shit together rather than just fade into obscurity with no sense of finality like they were doing. And bring on blink as Mark and Travis.

If future AVA projects flop then yeah his career is pretty much over, but I'm not going to hate Tom forever over this. I'm a little sympathetic. I think him leaving was to some extent an attempt to rectify his wrongdoings (i.e. spend so many years in a band you have little to no passion for to make money) but it's his method of leaving that fucked everything up.

I know this has been already posted but still this is a new low for Tom. Even if it's true what does this has to do with this situation? Why post something like that and then delete it. If it has something to do go speak to Mark and Travis if they want to talk with you anymore. God Tom handled this situation so wrong from the beggining until now.
It's ok everyone would be angry if he said he didn't wanna do blink anymore but everyone should understand that if he was straight about it. His bandmates (we can't say his friends) and the band itself deserved better.
Where is my asian friend?

scoobs wrote:ya, i mean are we surprised hes being a child about this? The same guy who talks about fucking mothers and dogs etc etc

Hey, you can write stupid funny songs and still act like an adult in real life scenarios.

As for Tom right now. He's grasping for straws. He's probably losing his mind right now. Fuck him. Ever since 2009, I've been telling myself that he wasn't in this for the money. I feel lied to. He's a fucking weasle. (Heh)

https://coastingband.bandcamp.com

Just finished reading through all this. Can't bring myself to watch that Urethra Chronicle clip. Not sure I will ever watch those documentaries again.

I feel like Tom has kinda planned all this with one eye on the legal side of it. He has made it basically impossible for blink to continue with him onboard but outwardly pretends he is still into it.

That could be why he made such a last minute u-turn on the album recording and shows. He knew it would probably be the last straw for Travis and Mark, but as long as he says he is still in the band, then legally they have to kick him out and he still gets his blink pay days.

And as far as his deleted tweet goes, trying to break up two old friends because you're butt-hurt is fucking disgusting.

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

carlcockatoo wrote:Baseless speculation:

I think when the reunion first happened, Tom was genuine about wanting to start the band back up. But as soon as all the nostalgia faded he immediately regretted the decision (hence the awkwardness very early on). He did, however, realise that blink was still capable of selling out arenas and a good opportunity for $$$ and a way to put himself back in the spotlight after AVA had its moment. So he stuck with it and half-heartedly played the blink shows while making himself out to be this drunken slob for two years. The old tensions with Mark and Travis began to arise once more (not necessarily in an active 'I don't like you' way; they could still function as business partners and perform together and all that) and Tom knew he did not really want to record with blink. That's why Neighborhoods was recorded lazily and separately. There's still some decent stuff on there, but his writing was done mostly separately away from the band, and his motives were likely out of obligation more than anything. But again, he needed funding for AVA (or maybe he just wants $$$ since so much of AVA doesn't feel sincere to me either), so he continued to tour (he wasn't able to fund the films or anything until post-reunion which played a part in his continuing to tour with blink rather than just call it quits then). This doesn't mean that there weren't those moments where he actually enjoyed touring with blink- it wasn't all fake, but his overall motives weren't all that good. Then came time for Dogs Eating Dogs which was a combination of a sincere desire to reignite things and Tom's desire to experiment as a business model and all that. He then decided that blink wasn't worth spending his own money on hence all the label stuff. Fast forward to December 2013 when shit was getting real with the labels and producers and dates and more shows and all that- combined with AVA being well-received for once- Tom finally decided to own up and admit he was done. I doubt there was a pivotal moment in his life, I just think he knew he didn't want to follow through with any of this. This is a good thing, but he chose the worst possible method of telling this to the band. He delayed recording further, followed by another email saying he's going on indefinite hiatus (an attempt to not completely burn bridges), repeating the same methods as last time. He was too scared to just own up in a respectable manner. Either that or he thinks Mark and Travis are really just idiots who will continue to put up with it, but we'll assume the former.

/endspeculation.

Once again, you kick ass.
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

Barker: Mark's the sweeter one, so I'll let him answer [laughs].

But, yah, I'm probably wrong, but I've been saying this ever since that stupid Box Car Racer record. Heck, even those extra songs on TOYPAJ. I've always been wary of Tom since he made that band and ever since he started dominating everything.

I'm not surprised by any of this. It's one of those things where you know it's true but when you actually say it, it still smacks you in the face.

I'm really happy this is happening. In my eyes, Tom fucked up blink ever since Box Car Racer. Yes, I believe blink would have evolved after TOYPAJ. But not that way. Tom basically took all that darkness and forced it onto blink.

Fuck that guy.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

The problem here is that Tom has never been in this situation before (being kicked out) and he's got the word of two guys against his own, and his word kind of sucks.

By throwing out the gauntlet about Mark and Travis he took the lowest road. Travis could be upset, sure, but Mark would be right there to tell him like an adult the reasoning behind it and apologize. It would be addressed and resolved privately and for all we know already has been!

Tom is going to a very shallow well of pot-shots and I expect it to cease soon before his publicists go insane. There's not a lot of wiggle room in this situation and it would not benefit him to come off publicly as irrational and petty.

There's no DOUBT that Tom has a side in this story that deserves to be heard, but it doesn't change the fact that the fans and the public have a lot of reasons not to trust Tom, and not many reasons at all not to trust Mark & Travis.

twitter

And she said... wrote:
carlcockatoo wrote:Baseless speculation:

I think when the reunion first happened, Tom was genuine about wanting to start the band back up. But as soon as all the nostalgia faded he immediately regretted the decision (hence the awkwardness very early on). He did, however, realise that blink was still capable of selling out arenas and a good opportunity for $$$ and a way to put himself back in the spotlight after AVA had its moment. So he stuck with it and half-heartedly played the blink shows while making himself out to be this drunken slob for two years. The old tensions with Mark and Travis began to arise once more (not necessarily in an active 'I don't like you' way; they could still function as business partners and perform together and all that) and Tom knew he did not really want to record with blink. That's why Neighborhoods was recorded lazily and separately. There's still some decent stuff on there, but his writing was done mostly separately away from the band, and his motives were likely out of obligation more than anything. But again, he needed funding for AVA (or maybe he just wants $$$ since so much of AVA doesn't feel sincere to me either), so he continued to tour (he wasn't able to fund the films or anything until post-reunion which played a part in his continuing to tour with blink rather than just call it quits then). This doesn't mean that there weren't those moments where he actually enjoyed touring with blink- it wasn't all fake, but his overall motives weren't all that good. Then came time for Dogs Eating Dogs which was a combination of a sincere desire to reignite things and Tom's desire to experiment as a business model and all that. He then decided that blink wasn't worth spending his own money on hence all the label stuff. Fast forward to December 2013 when shit was getting real with the labels and producers and dates and more shows and all that- combined with AVA being well-received for once- Tom finally decided to own up and admit he was done. I doubt there was a pivotal moment in his life, I just think he knew he didn't want to follow through with any of this. This is a good thing, but he chose the worst possible method of telling this to the band. He delayed recording further, followed by another email saying he's going on indefinite hiatus (an attempt to not completely burn bridges), repeating the same methods as last time. He was too scared to just own up in a respectable manner. Either that or he thinks Mark and Travis are really just idiots who will continue to put up with it, but we'll assume the former.

/endspeculation.

Once again, you kick ass.

After reading all that, it does make sense. The fact that he kept on delaying was just a way of not really wanting to let go. You know, you can't live with it but you can't live without it. Even though it was selfish, it was a "I hate this but I don't want to close the door forever" kind of thing.

But, yah, who cares. bwahaha
-Hot Water Music

Elevator wrote:The problem here is that Tom has never been in this situation before (being kicked out) and he's got the word of two guys against his own, and his word kind of sucks.

By throwing out the gauntlet about Mark and Travis he took the lowest road. Travis could be upset, sure, but Mark would be right there to tell him like an adult the reasoning behind it and apologize. It would be addressed and resolved privately and for all we know already has been!

Tom is going to a very shallow well of pot-shots and I expect it to cease soon before his publicists go insane. There's not a lot of wiggle room in this situation and it would not benefit him to come off publicly as irrational and petty.

There's no DOUBT that Tom has a side in this story that deserves to be heard, but it doesn't change the fact that the fans and the public have a lot of reasons not to trust Tom, and not many reasons at all not to trust Mark & Travis.

I've been out of the loop for awhile so I'm confused. What's all this Mark having problems with Travis all about?
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:
Elevator wrote:The problem here is that Tom has never been in this situation before (being kicked out) and he's got the word of two guys against his own, and his word kind of sucks.

I've been out of the loop for awhile so I'm confused. What's all this Mark having problems with Travis all about?

petros93 wrote:

I've *heard* that Travis was also wanting a LOT of money for the Australian tour even though he refused to travel.

twitter

Elevator wrote:There's no DOUBT that Tom has a side in this story that deserves to be heard, but it doesn't change the fact that the fans and the public have a lot of reasons not to trust Tom, and not many reasons at all not to trust Mark & Travis.

honestly though what the fuck can Tom even say? The facts are the facts. He signed a record deal, committed to being in the studio, committed to playing at Travis's festival which, I don't know, might be slightly important to Travis, etc. and then bailed in the same way he did in 2005.

As long as these are actually the events that took place and Travis/Mark didn't conveniently leave anything out, I can't see how Tom could say anything that doesn't make him come across as a huge scumbag except "I'm sorry and I'm a huge dumbass."

Jamming neighborhoods today. I find it hard to believe Tom didn't listen to the final tracks of neighborhoods(that's what I gathered from the RS interview) I mean Tom is on 80% of the album.

It sucks that all our speculation about him was true. I mean I always thought they were just in it for the money due to all the stupid tours.

I really don't think Tom can handle the stress of blink. Their albums are always highly anticipated and it seems he doesn't have that inspiration anymore. From what I understand Ilan did majority of the work on TDW

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show