Re: Movies/TV You've Seen Recently

Elevator wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:Gravity - 9.5/10

Quite a fantastic film. although the birthing symbolism was a bit OTT.

It was decent. I was about ready to walk out if they

Spoiler: show
...legitimately had George Clooney survive and climb in through the window.

Oh my god yeah! when that happened I was like 'Wouldn't she be dead if he came in like that?! also, he's surely fucking dead?' but then yeah it made sense haha

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Doctored

the first 40 minutes arent interesting but after that its crazy what they all reveal.
crazy to see how US medicine works and how it all revolves around money. doctors prescribing drugs just so they can get more money instead of actually helping the patient.

parents being hunted down by law because they refused chemo therapy for their ''sick'' son. the son never got treatment and is still doing fine, hes not sick at all. yet the parent had to go to court etc. shits fucking ridiculous.

Out of sight, out of mind, I remove myself Out of mind, my whole mind state is out of line

xDumpweed182x wrote:I agree, the second was much better than the first.
Book spoiler...
Although I would have liked to see Haymitch's 'Games' footage.

I WAS REALLY HOPING FOR THAT

But yeah, Catching Fire 9.5/10
It tool the important and even smaller details from the book, but still managed to make it its own while staying true to the book. Great acting on Jennifer Lawrence's part, I'm in love with her. So well done. I cried. Yoloswag.

Susan made this, I dug it up from the grave

tumblr/twitter

c_ortiz93 wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:Finally got around to seeing Inglorious Bastards. 10/10

Seriously brilliant film. Brad Pitt trying to speak Italian was hilarious.

Easily one of Quentin Tarantino's best movies.

We watched Reservoir Dogs tonight also. I really enjoyed both of them. Tomorrow we're gonna watch Pulp Fiction. (Until today I had never seen any Tarantino films!)

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

StrongTower182 wrote:
c_ortiz93 wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:Finally got around to seeing Inglorious Bastards. 10/10

Seriously brilliant film. Brad Pitt trying to speak Italian was hilarious.

Easily one of Quentin Tarantino's best movies.

We watched Reservoir Dogs tonight also. I really enjoyed both of them. Tomorrow we're gonna watch Pulp Fiction. (Until today I had never seen any Tarantino films!)

Are you having a Tarantino marathon or something?! Lol Pulp Fiction is hands down my favorite movie of his. You're gonna love it! After that one, I'd suggest checking out Kill Bill next.

Love me some Tarantino. I think that Inglorious Basterds may honestly be his best film, it was the first of his I had watched and I instantly fell in love. The opening is one of my favourites of any film ever.
Also don't forget to watch Jackie Brown, not a lot of people mention it when talking about his films, but it is seriously worth watching.

The Wolverine (Directors Cut) - 8.8/10
Kind of lost it's way in the last 15 minutes (although there was some really well choreographed action), but overall it was a surprisingly thoughtful superhero movie that kept entertaining for it's 2+ hour run time.