Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Fentoozler wrote:
Wrecked Him wrote:There is actually some truth to what Tom is saying, or rather, trying to say... the world as you perceive it only exists as your brain allows it to exist. We are, in a sense, manufacturing our own world. Yes, there is quite a bit of potential to be unlocked by that knowledge. The problem is how do you you unlock that potential and still keep a healthy mind and functional perception of the world around you? You can't. We are structured at birth to shape our world a certain way and going against that would be unraveling reality as you know and trust it. Your brain won't let you do that, it's hara kiri and your body fights against that. That's why the insane don't know they are insane, the brain will fight to right the world it perceives it rather than acknowledge it's own flaws, the human perception can never be flawed, the brain, or its cognition at least, will shut down and collapse and people will go catatonic... I think that's the right word.... Tom is right in saying that you could technically perceive yourself in two places at once and that it would be reality just as strongly and realistic as reality is to you now. However, again, there's no real way of over-riding the brain's safety measures without destroying all conscious and subconscious functions. There are some interesting "ticks" that happen to people some times though that are based on the brain's perceptions... I'll try to find the medical article I was reading a few years back about people who perceive they've shrunken to be only inches from the ground and other stuff.

What are you trying to say? We perceive the world as it is, or rather to the extent our senses allow ourselves to. The ability to imagine yourself somewhere or sometime else is irrelevant to reality, regardless of how powerful or "real" it seems. And we know things are "real" if they are perceived through healthy perceptive organs. People who claim to see the world differently are either under a great misapprehension, or their perception isn't working properly, which can easily be determined with a brain scan.
So, no, we don't know whether what we see is actually real, but everything works well enough with that assumption. And conveniently, there is no way to prove it right or wrong. Now I won't deny this claim sounds very tempting and mind-boggling, but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest it is true. To be honest, sounds like your random New Age mumbo jumbo.

It seems like you're arguing against a philosophical viewpoint with a scientific one, so it's kind of moot.

Wrecked Him wrote:
thedrippingofsweat wrote:
Wrecked Him wrote:People were concerned about Travis' commitment?

Idk on ava movement people are asking if blink is fucked again and with the whole AJ thing its just worrying :S

I don't understand why people think some Twitter tiff is a big deal, the damn thing lasted less than half an hour. It's weird to focus all that energy on such a meaningless minuscule thing that happened between people a world apart. The whole thing happened within the limits of 140 characters... it ridiculous.

Regardless of how long the argument took, or where it took place, or how many characters were used, the allegations against Travis were pretty serious, so that's why it's a big deal.

You know i just thought of something!?.... I begging to think that Blink-182 isn't playing that much off of Neighborhoods is because that the songs aren't up to par with the rest of the songs that they play and that they wouldn't be that fun to play!??... See what i am saying like Mark,Travis,Tom even know that the fans don't like the album as much and that if they want to play a show they want the energy and excitement at a all time high!!! And the Neighborhoods doesn't really live up to that!? What's your thought's??... Example their playing more of of Dogs Eating Dogs - EP!!!??

I'd say yes and no. It's been forever since blink has been to Australia so playing pre-breakup songs is a must and since the EP is new, they need to load up the set-list with EP songs. When you add up all those songs, all you really have space for is the singles off Neighborhoods and maybe one or two non-singles (like Ghost on the Dancefloor). That being said, bands have skipped over playing songs off unpopular albums. I know New Found Glory rarely plays anything off Coming Home because that album is really disliked by their fans. Might be a similar case with blink.

Tom. wrote:
doitforthekids wrote:
Tom. wrote:I think they should still release the interviews online, they'd be interesting.
And the TOYPAJ vinyl isn't up for pre-order yet.

Where do you pre-order the vinyl from?

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Blink-182-%252d-Take-Off-Your-Pants-and-Jacket-LP-%26-3x7%22.html

Fuck me that looks awesome. Do we know the exact date for the release? I need to get my hands on that.
Also is their any other website to pre-order it from? Because being in Aus I have to pay like $20 shipping just for one vinyl.

hey guys it's been a while since my last post, but hello!

but in all seriousness. is the only way to get the TOYPAJ vinyl though shopradiocast? i thought i read somewhere about maybe hot topic having them in stock in like early march or something.

the last part about hot topic is probably pure internet rumor but i figured someone on here would be able to give me a concrete answer.

Okay, well Mark came out and played bass for The Vandals during one of their songs so that was really cool.
And when they first played Blow Job they got the whole crowd to sing along, then after the next song Mark was saying Tom played it in the wrong key so they played it again, then Mark and Brooks kept playing after Tom had finished, until he was forced to sing it again, so it kind of became this funny running joke where they'd always play Blow Job. Even in their acoustic set, Mark was supposed to start Wasting Time, but him and Brooks started Blow Job instead.
And I was totally surprised to hear STFTK, Mark started it off by saying "We haven't played this song for a few years, so if we stuff it up, it's Brook's fault"
And Tom and Mark were cracking each other up during the acoustic set, which awesome to see.
Probably one of the best concerts I've been too, plus Mark came out to the stage at after the show and handed some things out to fan, but I missed out, haha.