Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Tom DOES sound really good in those videos. I bet Mark sat him down and said this:
"Look, Tom, I know what you are trying to do. Your trying to create a different experience for the crowd, and enject some energy into the songs by singing them differently. But what you don't realize is that you sound like someone with down syndrom and a mouthful of marshmallows. Cut the shit."
And then Mark hopped onto his magical unicorn and flew away, leaving Tom to wallow in self realization and unicorn farts.

brian. wrote:I mean it's still horrendous compared to any decent live singer haha, but it's a HELL of a lot better than it was a couple years ago.

If I wanted to go based on the quality of singing I'd go watch some boring singer like Adele. Blink are awesome live regardless because they rock and put on a show, the thing with Tom is; good or bad, it couldn't be anybody else.

i want to bring back up the travis/AJ fight.

why would AJ release those figures for no reason? he clearly was already butthurt about being promised travis at soundwave, paying for travis at soundwave, and not GETTING travis at soundwave. he said blink gets 5 million for the show, and travis was still demanding 1/3 of that. a part of me wants to remain naive and say the guy was just butthurt, but he through around those figures and travis didn't deny it:

AJ: "Really dude? You didn't insist on being paid 1/3 even though your not coming?"
Travis: "Pick up the phone, man. Dying to talk to you."

then, five minutes later, we're all good. it reeks of bullshit. it doesn't sound like a misunderstanding. it sounds like travis got on the phone with AJ, told him to shut the fuck up or he'll sick his lawyers on him. then paid him off to stop talking about, travis gets his money, and publicly, "he's a good guy!"

that and the lack of mark/tom comment is really fucking with me. what is going on?

To be fair to thardin, speculating about stuff relating to the band is the very reason message boards exist. Not sure, why everyone is jumping on him.

"Tom and Travis are my brothers and I'd do anything for those guys. When all of this is said and done, we'll all be together looking back going 'fuck, we made it'."
– Mark, UC2

"So many other bands just fight, they don't get along and hate each other, but when things come down the road that are hard and gnarly... It's just us three, I feel like it doesn't matter, I feel like we can do anything"
– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?