DO NOT POST DOWNLOAD LEAKS. INSTA-BAN IF YOU DO!

Re: MH 4.18.2011 / 'Hold On'

the chorus is just superb. it actually really reminds me of chapter XIII for some reason. it's got that same vibe to it. however, the verse was just... kind of embarrassing for me. i mean, it's catchy and everything... but it's just kinda... weird. however, i do like the pre-chorus when he goes into his lower register. that sounded like bouncing souls and i LOVE the bouncing souls. but yah, verse didn't do much for me but the chorus was great. this would definitely be one of my all time faves if it wasn't for the verse. oh well.

and the intro sounds a lot like the clips we watched of him when he was doing stuff for his solo project. you know... the one where he goes "WOOOO!" in the middle haha
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:the chorus is just superb. it actually really reminds me of chapter XIII for some reason. it's got that same vibe to it. however, the verse was just... kind of embarrassing for me. i mean, it's catchy and everything... but it's just kinda... weird. however, i do like the pre-chorus when he goes into his lower register. that sounded like bouncing souls and i LOVE the bouncing souls. but yah, verse didn't do much for me but the chorus was great. this would definitely be one of my all time faves if it wasn't for the verse. oh well.

and the intro sounds a lot like the clips we watched of him when he was doing stuff for his solo project. you know... the one where he goes "WOOOO!" in the middle haha

really? the verse was embarassing to you? wow.

i feel like it's one of the best moments on the record. the lyrics are sweet too in the verses.

haha, i really don't know. it's really bothering me that this album isn't really connecting with me. from my perspective, it has unbelievable potential but just constantly falls short. the only time i am truly satisfied is during even if she falls and natives.

btw, was this the wendy clear-esque song on the album?
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:haha, i really don't know. it's really bothering me that this album isn't really connecting with me. from my perspective, it has unbelievable potential but just constantly falls short. the only time i am truly satisfied is during even if she falls and natives.

I think Heart's All Gone since, if I remember correctly, Mark's been saying something like he's "writing a song in vein of Josie or Wendy Clear" since last year and the first song he showed us the lyrics to was HAG (I think).

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:haha, i really don't know. it's really bothering me that this album isn't really connecting with me. from my perspective, it has unbelievable potential but just constantly falls short. the only time i am truly satisfied is during even if she falls and natives.

I agree wtih Kay. this song is incredible.

and dude our opinions are so backwards with one another haha, Even If She Falls is good, but probably one of the weakest songs on the album for me, if not the weakest. I do like it a lot, but if i HAD to choose a song, it'd be that or Wishing Well.

brianedge wrote:

I agree wtih Kay. this song is incredible.

and dude our opinions are so backwards with one another haha, Even If She Falls is good, but probably one of the weakest songs on the album for me, if not the weakest. I do like it a lot, but if i HAD to choose a song, it'd be that or Wishing Well.

haha. agree to disagree i guess :P but, i do have to say that after midnight is growing on me mad hard. mad hard indeed. i could see that song playing on like a soft rock radio station and doing quite well.
-Hot Water Music

i am TOTALLY digging this song now. ef what i said before about it. (Y)
-Hot Water Music

This song rocks. But they definitely should've given it a normal title. It doesn't really catch on this way. 'Hold On' would've been perfect I think.
"I always considered my job in Blink to try to architect new arrangements and sounds to push the band forward. I took on that role, and it was by no means only me -- everyone contributed to the great music that we did -- but I made that my passion, I made that my focus." -Tom DeLonge (Billboard, May 2017)

I ♥ ♫