DO NOT POST DOWNLOAD LEAKS. INSTA-BAN IF YOU DO!

Re: Where did Neighborhoods fall short?

for me, most if not all of the songs either fell short on their choruses or their verses. natives and even if she falls had it spot on though :grin:
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:for me, most if not all of the songs either fell short on their choruses or their verses. natives and even if she falls had it spot on though :grin:

Honestly, I think you put this album on a huge pedestal and you were expecting the best album in the world or something. Just go and listen to it for what it is and not your huge expectations. Go.
Sig by Djenni

Kurt182 wrote:
Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:for me, most if not all of the songs either fell short on their choruses or their verses. natives and even if she falls had it spot on though :grin:

Honestly, I think you put this album on a huge pedestal and you were expecting the best album in the world or something. Just go and listen to it for what it is and not your huge expectations. Go.

hmm. maybe later.

but in all seriousness, i wasn't expecting anything that ground shattering. i was just expecting to enjoy it more. and i didn't. sucks for me. great for you that you liked it so much.
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:
Kurt182 wrote:

hmm. maybe later.

but in all seriousness, i wasn't expecting anything that ground shattering. i was just expecting to enjoy it more. and i didn't. sucks for me. great for you that you liked it so much.

It's OKAY. I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece.. But it's decent.
Out of their 6 studio albums, this probably places at #4, before Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat.
Sig by Djenni

Kurt182 wrote:
Kurt182 wrote:

hmm. maybe later.

Out of their 6 studio albums, this probably places at #4, before Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat.

meeeeh. the only album this is better than is self-titled. like you said yourself, the album is decent... and that's basically what i was saying. yah, the album has amazing potential. it could have been completely mind blowing. but nope. it isn't... at least for me, that is.
-Hot Water Music

Kurt182 wrote:
Kurt182 wrote:

hmm. maybe later.

meeeeh. the only album this is better than is self-titled. like you said yourself, the album is decent... and that's basically what i was saying. yah, the album has amazing potential. it could have been completely mind blowing. but nope. it isn't... at least for me, that is.

I completely disagree. Self titled to me is the greatest thing they ever have/will ever create. That was their magnum opus. They will never touch that again. That, in my opinion, is the greatest record ever created. So this new record definitely falls short of that for me. But it sucks you didn't enjoy Neighborhoods as much as you'd hoped you would man. :/

I think you have to look at this new record and whatever they do in the future seperate from what they did in the past. This is a different band than the one that existed 10 years ago in my eyes.

brianedge wrote:
Kurt182 wrote:
Kurt182 wrote:

hmm. maybe later.

I completely disagree. Self titled to me is the greatest thing they ever have/will ever create. That was their magnum opus. They will never touch that again. That, in my opinion, is the greatest record ever created. So this new record definitely falls short of that for me. But it sucks you didn't enjoy Neighborhoods as much as you'd hoped you would man. :/

I think you have to look at this new record and whatever they do in the future seperate from what they did in the past. This is a different band than the one that existed 10 years ago in my eyes.

... i really wish i could make it to your show at the palladium in mass.... it would be cool to talk music if you had the time. grrrg. oh well.
-Hot Water Music

brianedge wrote:are you from Mass dude? I would really enjoy that.

i'm from connecticut... but i drive up every now and then for a show i really like. and yah, it would totally be worth it to see a fellow 182online guy. i might check the dates again, but i think i remember the date being on a thursday. :/
-Hot Water Music

brianedge wrote:are you from Mass dude? I would really enjoy that.

i'm from connecticut... but i drive up every now and then for a show i really like. and yah, it would totally be worth it to see a fellow 182online guy. i might check the dates again, but i think i remember the date being on a thursday. :/

nah man the Palladium date is next Friday, the 7th!

In the "choosing" of songs on the standard and deluxe edition. specially talking about snake charmer and this is home right now. for those discovering blink, for that kid who asked their uncle for "that cd with that "all these demons" song in it" and gets the standard edition, if it included Snake Charmer the album would give a much more kick ass first impression- it includes instead this is home, a song that i DON'T HATE at all, i actually enjoy it very much and sing along to, but for me, it's got "bonus track" (not to say filler) written all over it.

it is not a very heavy complain though, and does not affect pretty much because the Deluxe Edition is sold as the standard in my country.

Maybe they should've worked a bit more on "Ghost On The Dancefloor", even when i dont feel it like a filler, it is pretty weak. Travis' drums and Mark's vocals make the song for me, but it feels like a strong body with a cracked backspine. the TOM i hear in this song fails compared to the Tom i hear on the rest of the album.

Other than that this album is everything i expected, I love it, i feel it's the album of the year, even after some other artist i love released albums (the guys from Beady Eye, Noel Gallagher... yeah i'm a big fan of the ex-oasises ;) thank god after splitting up we got two fresh and epic records instead of a shit album that continued to ruin the name "oasis" but OFF TOPIC) Neighborhoods top 'em high. i love it!
"I'm a little bit shy, a bit strange and a little bit manic..."

My only glaring issue with this album is "This is Home". It's not a bad song, but it doesn't fit in with this album lyrically at all. I'm all for a throwback to an older sound like "Heart's All Gone", but throwing a song with Reckless Abandon-esque lyrics, with the synth and all just doesn't match everything else on the rest of the album. It sounds like they tried their hardest to write lyrics that would appeal to older Blink fans, but should've just made it cohesive with the rest of the album. So we have some pretty dark lyrical content, with a few love songs (self-titled and Neighborhoods), and with this song they're back to referencing police cars and boners? It just doesn't fit. Should've just been a bonus track.