DO NOT POST DOWNLOAD LEAKS. INSTA-BAN IF YOU DO!

What track best represents the album as a whole?

After...however many listens, as the album has now become solidified and settles into your brains, I think we can start to answer this question.

If a friend had never listened to this album but wanted you to provide a single track that "sums up" the record for you, what would you tell him/her to play?

My personal choice is Ghost On The Dancefloor. The somber gloom of the lyrics veiled in an uplifting rush of sound seems, at least to me, to be the track that says "this is neighborhoods."

Yours?

twitter

Re: What track best represents the album as a whole?

KayTheMagnificent wrote:Either Kaleidoscope or Love Is Dangerous. they have the good blend of Tom and Mark, with the dark edge the whole album has and awesome drums. they both kind of sum up the general tone of the album for me.

Agreed 100%.

I feel like I can only really feel that way about songs they both sing on. idk. I'd throw UAN in there as well.

Up All Night

It features vocals from Mark and Tom. Shows off Travis's creative drumming style. Has recycled elements from their side projects (the AvA synth and BCR guitar riff). The lyrics pretend to be deep and aren't. The song is missing elements (like another verse/chorus) and has a few unnecessary additions (the synth and the breakdown at the end).

It really does encapsulate what Neighborhoods is, imo.

frisky wrote:Up All Night

It features vocals from Mark and Tom. Shows off Travis's creative drumming style. Has recycled elements from their side projects (the AvA synth and BCR guitar riff). The lyrics pretend to be deep and aren't. The song is missing elements (like another verse/chorus) and has a few unnecessary additions (the synth and the breakdown at the end).

It really does encapsulate what Neighborhoods is, imo.

this plus the fact that it's mainly Tom haha. just full of LOL.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

I have to agree with Kay and Frisky.

Kaleidoscope, Love is Dangerous and Up All Night basically represent the album as a whole.

None of the other tracks really do.

I think HAG (both parts together) represents Mark as a whole and I think Wishing Well or GOTDF represents Tom as a whole.

This Is Home represents their past the best, I think, but not so much this album.
~ Imagine yourself dressed like wood ~

Previous Sigs:

~ My fate was sealed the moment I removed my pants ~

MoldyClay wrote:I have to agree with Kay and Frisky.

Kaleidoscope, Love is Dangerous and Up All Night basically represent the album as a whole.

I think HAG (both parts together) represents Mark as a whole and I think Wishing Well or GOTDF represents Tom as a whole.

This Is Home represents their past the best, I think, but not so much this album.

i would agree except i think even if she falls represents their past the best. when i listen to it, i actually get the same feeling as when i listen to TOYPAJ. this is home is just terrible, just plain terrible.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:

i would agree except i think even if she falls represents their past the best. when i listen to it, i actually get the same feeling as when i listen to TOYPAJ. this is home is just terrible, just plain terrible.

I'll bite.

I say "This is Home" represents their past as a whole, simply because, lyrically, it feels like an "Anthem"-esque song and it's about punk rock kids. Musically, it reminds me of Enema of the State a little bit.

Personally, Wishing Well reminds me of TOYPAJ, but I can totally see Even If She Falls fitting there as well.
~ Imagine yourself dressed like wood ~

Previous Sigs:

~ My fate was sealed the moment I removed my pants ~

MoldyClay wrote:
Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:

I'll bite.

I say "This is Home" represents their past as a whole, simply because, lyrically, it feels like an "Anthem"-esque song and it's about punk rock kids. Musically, it reminds me of Enema of the State a little bit.

Personally, Wishing Well reminds me of TOYPAJ, but I can totally see Even If She Falls fitting there as well.

nice bite :P

and i get what you're saying. it does have a give me one good reason vibe to it. but then the chorus happens.... oh god.... the chorus happens....... :lol:
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music