Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: Blink-182 Contest - Monday 10th January 2011 @8AM GMT

#8
monkey_boy182 wrote:If you don't like it simply don't enter and ignore this?


This is a prime example of why your site is better. Yes you are promoting your site by doing a contest, but you could have also just randomly posted a thread advertising your site with no contest. You are giving away a sealed record you bought with your money for free, and are offering everyone an oppertunity to win it.

People on 182online.com will continue to be negative and rude no matter what you do. That is why your forum is thriving while there is minimal activity on here. Don't get me wrong, there are some cool kids here, but the majority are all negative and rude as you just saw. I'm not judging the site itself either, because the layout and everything is really cool. It's the users here that really ruin this place. It's their problem if they're too cool to take advantage of a free item. I think you guys are very silly, but it's your loss. He hasn't spammed is website or advertised once since being a member here.
Spoiler: show
Image

Re: Blink-182 Contest - Monday 10th January 2011 @8AM GMT

#9
TheOctopus wrote:
monkey_boy182 wrote:If you don't like it simply don't enter and ignore this?


This is a prime example of why your site is better. Yes you are promoting your site by doing a contest, but you could have also just randomly posted a thread advertising your site with no contest. You are giving away a sealed record you bought with your money for free, and are offering everyone an oppertunity to win it.

People on 182online.com will continue to be negative and rude no matter what you do. That is why your forum is thriving while there is minimal activity on here. Don't get me wrong, there are some cool kids here, but the majority are all negative and rude as you just saw. I'm not judging the site itself either, because the layout and everything is really cool. It's the users here that really ruin this place. It's their problem if they're too cool to take advantage of a free item. I think you guys are very silly, but it's your loss. He hasn't spammed is website or advertised once since being a member here.



That's not the point. Advertising anything that promotes another site or board is extremely bad form. It's a bannable offense on most websites. It doesn't matter if you like the page, or if the page is amazing, it's a dick move.

Re: Blink-182 Contest - Monday 10th January 2011 @8AM GMT

#10
Orian wrote:
TheOctopus wrote:
monkey_boy182 wrote:If you don't like it simply don't enter and ignore this?


This is a prime example of why your site is better. Yes you are promoting your site by doing a contest, but you could have also just randomly posted a thread advertising your site with no contest. You are giving away a sealed record you bought with your money for free, and are offering everyone an oppertunity to win it.

People on 182online.com will continue to be negative and rude no matter what you do. That is why your forum is thriving while there is minimal activity on here. Don't get me wrong, there are some cool kids here, but the majority are all negative and rude as you just saw. I'm not judging the site itself either, because the layout and everything is really cool. It's the users here that really ruin this place. It's their problem if they're too cool to take advantage of a free item. I think you guys are very silly, but it's your loss. He hasn't spammed is website or advertised once since being a member here.



That's not the point. Advertising anything that promotes another site or board is extremely bad form. It's a bannable offense on most websites. It doesn't matter if you like the page, or if the page is amazing, it's a dick move.


This is not the point either; there is no need to bring "most sites" up because this site does in fact allow self promotion with a post count of 75 or more. It is not a dick move, he is following the rules and offering an oppertunity for a free item. If he randomly joined without adding content to this site, it would be a dick move. He has been a member here for a long time, and started one of the biggest threads on this site, the blink collection thread. He contributed & joined this site without the intention to advertise. He is now way over 75 posts and has the right to do so :] As said before, if you don't like, you can just ignore this thread. He is breaking no rules.

I'm not going to continue to argue with you. If I didn't know about his site, and I saw this thread informing me that all I had to do was post once in a thread to have a chance at winning a sealed record, I'd be happy. There is no dick move in giving away free items of value. Especially since Justin and whatever mod agreed on the rule of self promotion being okay, deemed it so.
Spoiler: show
Image

Re: Blink-182 Contest - Monday 10th January 2011 @8AM GMT

#11
Promoting yourself should only be done in the promote yourself section.
however, as this is a blink competition and your right, he has over 75 posts, I don't see a problem with this post being here. it's a sweet idea.

but TheOctopus, if you don't like most of the users here, why are you here at all?
Image

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Re: Blink-182 Contest - Monday 10th January 2011 @8AM GMT

#12
Its true that I don't like how nasty a lot of the members here are, but I do like this site. Its cool, and there are some cool people here as well. I'm not trash talkiing this site itself or the staff or anything. Just how the people here behave. I like blink collection better cuz everyone is respectful and out to help each other. Here, that's not the case a lot of the time and you have to admit that kay :p if someone posted something like this on blink collection, the response wouldn't have been the same as it was here.

I do like this site though and I come here to read the shiz posted, I do get some news from here. I'm not trying to disrespect this site, just pointing out how hostile and unfriendly it can be here.
Spoiler: show
Image

Re: Blink-182 Contest - Monday 10th January 2011 @8AM GMT

#13
I semi-agree with you, Sean. There are some unfriendly people here, but there are also unfriendly people on other forums also, that's how it always is. and it could be A LOT worse here. Spend some time on Absolutepunk.net and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. The people on that sight are vicious, musical elitist that think so highly of themselves it's sickening. At least there are some regular people here.
Image

Re: Blink-182 Contest - Monday 10th January 2011 @8AM GMT

#14
I've seen how they are there hahaha, this place could deff be worse, but why be negative like this at all? People are bound to disagree on things but why can't there just be respect and a friendly atmosphere?

It's just so annoying, whether someone is giving away rare bootleg footage of blink, or this contest. It's like why must people complain and get pissy and disrespectful over something so stupid? It gets really immature here sometimes. Ima shut my mouth from now on cuz I can't change the way people here are. It's just a shame that people have to be such dicks, especially since we're all here based on common interests.
Spoiler: show
Image

Re: Blink-182 Contest - Monday 10th January 2011 @8AM GMT

#17
TheOctopus wrote:Its true that I don't like how nasty a lot of the members here are, but I do like this site. Its cool, and there are some cool people here as well. I'm not trash talkiing this site itself or the staff or anything. Just how the people here behave. I like blink collection better cuz everyone is respectful and out to help each other. Here, that's not the case a lot of the time and you have to admit that kay :p if someone posted something like this on blink collection, the response wouldn't have been the same as it was here.

I do like this site though and I come here to read the shiz posted, I do get some news from here. I'm not trying to disrespect this site, just pointing out how hostile and unfriendly it can be here.


yeah, so much better over there
the freaking nazis there won't even let you post ebay links

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests