Re: (+44) General Discussion Thread

Tyler44 wrote:I tend to forget how fucking good this album is. Just listened to it for the first time in a while and holy shit.

I love how every couple of weeks/months this thread gets bumped in the exact same way. (Not complaining or being sarcastic. I love that we still have things to say about this amazing album. <3 )

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

StrongTower182 wrote:
Tyler44 wrote:I tend to forget how fucking good this album is. Just listened to it for the first time in a while and holy shit.

I love how every couple of weeks/months this thread gets bumped in the exact same way. (Not complaining or being sarcastic. I love that we still have things to say about this amazing album. <3 )

I don't know if I've said this before or not, but I've thought about this before. I think it might be because at the time this album came out, we didn't think it was up to par with Blink-182. However, everything since that time has just gotten weaker. So looking back on this you can really appreciate how good the album really was. They were fresh off the best music (IMO) in their careers and that energy and creativity was definitely present here. That's my take anyway.

KayTheMagnificent wrote:Lillian is the one that sticks with me the most. that song is fucking beautiful.

Also, I love some of Mark's lyrics on this record, but some of them are terrible. Lillian has some great lines, but then you listen to weatherman and it's like 'lol what?'

yeah i kinda have that same feeling, some song are GREAT and some are just a bit bland, but i still like the whole estatic of the album.

chapter 13, lillian, WYHSB, lycanthrope, make you smile are all classics

Out of sight, out of mind, I remove myself Out of mind, my whole mind state is out of line

KayTheMagnificent wrote:Lillian is the one that sticks with me the most. that song is fucking beautiful.

Also, I love some of Mark's lyrics on this record, but some of them are terrible. Lillian has some great lines, but then you listen to weatherman and it's like 'lol what?'

Lillian may be my favorite song off the album. Well, three-way tie between Lillian, Baby Come On, and Chapter 13. If the album was just a 3-track EP, those three would be the tracklist.

I'm really glad to be seeing Chapter XIII getting some love. It's one of my favourites songs, if not my favourite.

I go back and watch this video every once in a while:

And although it's sloppily done, I like this fan-made extended version because I really think the bridge should have stayed on at the start and not just during the live performance:

Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

I think Weatherman is the perfect execution of the "downer" atmosphere the whole record leaks, as well it also has my favorite line in melodic delivery on the par with the bridge ending of Chapter XIII which is the I never meant to say I'm sorry-human shapes burned on concrete walls bit with the thing he adds to the pre-chorus is such a nice full addition that makes the song a tad more complex as a whole and much more coherent. The bells are really cool with the zapped bass tone and lunky drums just makes this piece quiet yet somehow fierce and I really get the feeling that song's trying to convey.