Re: (+44) General Discussion Thread

Chuck-182 wrote:
Funployee wrote:They were badass, a lot more interesting and dynamic than AVA.

I lol'd :lol:

Why exactly?

AVA is NOT dynamic. Every song is the same thing, the same sound. All of plus 44's songs were attempting to be their own individual thing; the results may be mixed and you may not like it more than AVA's generic space garble, but they had WAY more range than anything AVA has made.

But then again, I guess AVA fans know best. It's not like they lap up Tom's inane pseudo-religious bullshit posturing.

Oh... wait...

Funployee wrote:
Chuck-182 wrote:

Why exactly?

AVA is NOT dynamic. Every song is the same thing, the same sound. All of plus 44's songs were attempting to be their own individual thing; the results may be mixed and you may not like it more than AVA's generic space garble, but they had WAY more range than anything AVA has made.

But then again, I guess AVA fans know best. It's not like they lap up Tom's inane pseudo-religious bullshit posturing.

Oh... wait...

If by Dynamic you mean Diverse then you could have a point, but in musical terms, dynamics refer to changes in volume, which I wouldn't really say that (+44) used as effectively as AVA. Now don't get me wrong, i LOVE WYHSB, but a lot of the songs sound pretty flat when you compare them ti some of the songs on Whisper.
Again, I'm not saying "(+44) SUX!!!!11!! :evil: " or "T0m Iz da SHiiit X'D AVA4LIFE :lol: ", in fact i prefer (+44), but songs like Flight of the Apollo and A Littles Enough are a lot more dynamic than most of the songs on WYHSB

Funployee wrote:
Chuck-182 wrote:

Why exactly?

Oh... wait...

Holy shit you get defensive pretty easily don't you man haha. AVA songs aren't dynamic in the least bit but neither was +44, just in a different way. I loooove +44 and AVA but for both bands all their songs sound alike in one way or another.

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Come on Funployee I was hoping when I entered this thread we'd keep this crap out of here. So much more I could say but I think I'll just leave it at that. >_>

+44 was cool a lot of songs were either hit or miss for me though. I still love No It Isn't, Cliff Diving, Chapter 13, Baby Come On, Lillian and Weatherman to itty bitty pieces. I absolutely hate 155, When Your Heart Stops Beating, Lycanthrope and Little Death. I'm pretty mutual on Make You Smile. As for covers Christmas Vacation sucked major ass, Guten Tag is great but only in small doses otherwise it gets incredibly annoying and I Am One kicked major ass and gave you a nice glimpse into the potential future of +44.... To bad they couldn't keep going. I think they were onto some great.

Their strengths were defiantly lyrics which I pray to god Mark brings that to blink. Weakness was defiantly the sound which I feel sometimes there was so passion for the band. They sounded bored sometimes and songs about hating Tom gets old but that's why I think a second album would kick ass because now that blink is together they could really write a more real diverse album.

Muttweed182 wrote:Come on Funployee I was hoping when I entered this thread we'd keep this crap out of here. So much more I could say but I think I'll just leave it at that. >_>

+44 was cool a lot of songs were either hit or miss for me though. I still love No It Isn't, Cliff Diving, Chapter 13, Baby Come On, Lillian and Weatherman to itty bitty pieces. I absolutely hate 155, When Your Heart Stops Beating, Lycanthrope and Little Death. I'm pretty mutual on Make You Smile. As for covers Christmas Vacation sucked major ass, Guten Tag is great but only in small doses otherwise it gets incredibly annoying and I Am One kicked major ass and gave you a nice glimpse into the potential future of +44.... To bad they couldn't keep going. I think they were onto some great.

Their strengths were defiantly lyrics which I pray to god Mark brings that to blink. Weakness was defiantly the sound which I feel sometimes there was so passion for the band. They sounded bored sometimes and songs about hating Tom gets old but that's why I think a second album would kick ass because now that blink is together they could really write a more real diverse album.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I don't really hate any of their songs though but there are definitely some I like a lot less. Chapter XIII, though, still gives me chills and is one of my all-time favorite songs.

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

diarrhea-182 wrote:
Funployee wrote:
Chuck-182 wrote:

Why exactly?

Oh... wait...

If by Dynamic you mean Diverse then you could have a point, but in musical terms, dynamics refer to changes in volume, which I wouldn't really say that (+44) used as effectively as AVA. Now don't get me wrong, i LOVE WYHSB, but a lot of the songs sound pretty flat when you compare them ti some of the songs on Whisper.
Again, I'm not saying "(+44) SUX!!!!11!! :evil: " or "T0m Iz da SHiiit X'D AVA4LIFE :lol: ", in fact i prefer (+44), but songs like Flight of the Apollo and A Littles Enough are a lot more dynamic than most of the songs on WYHSB

Ok, what? that song has no build, no crescendo, no... substance whatsoever. it's drivel. a lot of AvA is drivel, it tries to build and then falls off the edge miserably.

now +44 didn't have much in regards to big sounds, but they had straight up full on all the way anthemic, fast songs (like Lycanthrope and WYHSB) and then had some major dull and simplistic ones (like Little Death... but even THAT had an explosive chorus)

I really don't get why people diss +44 sound wise. the only musical insult I could give them was the lackluster guitars. there was like, bugger all decent guitar work there.

But yes, lets not turn this into LULZ WHOS BETTER +44 OWN AVA BUT TOM ROCKS ASS LULZ crap.
I don't want this to get locked over something ridiculous.

so lets keep this to "+44 YAAAAY fuck we miss them!" ok kids?

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!