Nothing and Nobody General Discussion Thread

After a few tweets, Mark has announced his newest project with Chris Holmes. How do you feel about it? Excited at all?

"While Travis and I have waited for blink-182 to get back into the studio this past year, I started working on a project with my friend chris, who has worked on Grammy award-winning albums, and been my collaborator and confidant for many years. At this point we have nearly 25 songs in various stages of completion. the first project we worked on is a remix of a Nova Rockafeller song http://www.purevolume.com/news/PREMIERE ... ris-Holmes and in the not-too-distance future, will release our album. The band is called "Nothing and Nobody." @nothingxnobody is the official twitter and you can follow chris holmes at @holmeswashere. More to come. Watch this space. Thank you for your time."

I don't like the shot at Tom in the beginning, but I'm interested to see what the music sounds like.

Re: Nothing and Nobody General Discussion Thread

I fucking hate the vocals on that song. music is fine but fuck me her singing style and delivery is awful, and some of the lyrics are terrible. ergh. I hate stuff like that haha

yeah, by the sounds of it I don't think it's just an album of remixes or anything. I really need to hear some solid Mark stuff. There's been 6 full(ish) Mark songs released since 2006? something like that? and the occasional chorus with blink or guest spots in other bands?

I need me some Mark. this shit is getting silly.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

KayTheMagnificent wrote:I fucking hate the vocals on that song. music is fine but fuck me her singing style and delivery is awful, and some of the lyrics are terrible. ergh. I hate stuff like that haha

yeah, by the sounds of it I don't think it's just an album of remixes or anything. I really need to hear some solid Mark stuff. There's been 6 full(ish) Mark songs released since 2006? something like that? and the occasional chorus with blink or guest spots in other bands?

I need me some Mark. this shit is getting silly.

That is one thing that has really surprised me about newer blink. It feels like Mark is doing more harmonies and background vocals rather than lead vocals.

I was just saying last week how I wanted Mark to start something up again, so I'm excited to hear some songs. I don't really know what to expect from just him and Chris though. And no drums? Drum Machine? Either way, I'm excited for anything really at this point.
Sig made by Elevator

KayTheMagnificent wrote:I was mostly pissed because there wasn't much Mark on self-titled, either. I didn't get why. Now I know it's because Tom's a song whore and Mark has insecurities lol

Pretty much, i was honestly surprised with how Tom heavy Neighborhoods was cause it seemed like Tom wasn't ever working on it and that's all Mark worked on. I don't have high hopes for this new project especially if it's gunna be a bunch of crappy remixes then i could care less. Interested to see who their drummer is going to be though.

Chewy030 wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:I was mostly pissed because there wasn't much Mark on self-titled, either. I didn't get why. Now I know it's because Tom's a song whore and Mark has insecurities lol

Pretty much, i was honestly surprised with how Tom heavy Neighborhoods was cause it seemed like Tom wasn't ever working on it and that's all Mark worked on. I don't have high hopes for this new project especially if it's gunna be a bunch of crappy remixes then i could care less. Interested to see who their drummer is going to be though.

Why would there be ANY "crappy remixes" in the first place? Chris revealed they are working on that 2008 Mark riff, and Mark himself said said they wrote about 25 songs. The remix they made was just a little something for the audience while they're waiting for the real stuff.

Fentoozler wrote:
Chewy030 wrote:

Why would there be ANY "crappy remixes" in the first place? Chris revealed they are working on that 2008 Mark riff, and Mark himself said said they wrote about 25 songs. The remix they made was just a little something for the audience while they're waiting for the real stuff.

Still doesn't mean there won't be crappy remixes. i hope there isn't, i dunno i'm not too excited about this project, the band name is honestly fucking awful. Interested to hear what the riff becomes though. I also wonder how many songs people are gunna say "Oh i wonder if that's about Tom" I hope it's good but i'm just not overly excited for it.