DO NOT POST DOWNLOAD LEAKS. INSTA-BAN IF YOU DO!

Re: Fighting The Gravity

beep44 wrote:
Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:man, i wish i could like it as much as you guys do. it's just that the structure of the song seems to be completely off balanced. it just feels really weird when the verse actually overwhelms the chorus. a build up is meant to build up... not break down haha. i mean, when you look at the album as a whole, mark hardly has his own songs. if he has three songs out of thirteen, he's gotta' shine, man. shine!! that's just my take on it, i guess. sucks for me.

I think that this song is so different that it either rubs you in a good way or in a bad way lol. At first I thought mehhh. But now I love this song, I have no reasoning for it.

yah i hear ya. i mean, don't get me wrong. i freakin' love everything about the song except the chorus. it has such an amazing feel. it just kinda sucks that the entire song doesn't impact me as much. if i actually liked the chorus, it could have easily become one of my favorite blink songs.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

blitzman444 wrote:This song is weird. The intro is definitely among the best things Blink has ever recorded, but the rest of the song builds up to nothing and is really boring.

see! that's what i have been telling you guys all along :lol:

props (Y)
-Hot Water Music

yodda wrote:I like how it doesn't have a crescendo or some sort of pay off.
It wouldn't suit the song.

yah, i don't really have such a big problem with the fact that the chorus just "is". it's just that the melody in the chorus isn't catchy. i mean, just make it sound good...
-Hot Water Music

KayTheMagnificent wrote:Why does it need to be catchy? it's good anyway. it's pleasant.

it's not just about being catchy, it's about the chorus being so damn boring. they had the right idea, but just didn't follow through unfortunately... kinda like ava and their chorus catastrophes. the progression of both the melody and the chords just fall short every time i listen it the mood however is golden. the whole atmosphere of the song is dead on ESPECIALLY in the chorus which makes this review all the more strange. all they had to do was make it sound actually good. i don't know, it's like the untitled album. the mood and concept of the record was absolutely fantastic. but the songs just sucked out right.

man... it's weird agreeing with critics since i despise music critics. oh well. they make sense for once. and in regards to the weatherman chorus.... we are on two different wavelengths. i think we're listening to two totally completely different songs.
-Hot Water Music

i wish it was longer :sad:

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:Why does it need to be catchy? it's good anyway. it's pleasant.

it's not just about being catchy, it's about the chorus being so damn boring. they had the right idea, but just didn't follow through unfortunately... kinda like ava and their chorus catastrophes. the progression of both the melody and the chords just fall short every time i listen it the mood however is golden. the whole atmosphere of the song is dead on ESPECIALLY in the chorus which makes this review all the more strange. all they had to do was make it sound actually good. i don't know, it's like the untitled album. the mood and concept of the record was absolutely fantastic. but the songs just sucked out right.

man... it's weird agreeing with critics since i despise music critics. oh well. they make sense for once. and in regards to the weatherman chorus.... we are on two different wavelengths. i think we're listening to two totally completely different songs.

I know what you mean, man. This is a blink album, so it shouldn't have a weak song on it. Sadly, I think this is the weakest one of them all =/

Even the weak songs on past albums weren't this weak, IMO =/

I will say that one of my main concerns with this song was the intro. Unlike ILWYY, this song had an intro that lied to me. When I first heard this intro, I thought it was going to be a faster paced song. Maybe not in the vein of old school blink, but possibly in the same vein as Self-Titled/Untitled.

Other aspects I already addressed in earlier posts, and another point I won't dare to bring up because I would feel stupid posting it -_-
Thanks Kay.

http://mysummerjob.mybrute.com

Raku wrote:
Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:

I know what you mean, man. This is a blink album, so it shouldn't have a weak song on it. Sadly, I think this is the weakest one of them all =/

Even the weak songs on past albums weren't this weak, IMO =/

I will say that one of my main concerns with this song was the intro. Unlike ILWYY, this song had an intro that lied to me. When I first heard this intro, I thought it was going to be a faster paced song. Maybe not in the vein of old school blink, but possibly in the same vein as Self-Titled/Untitled.

Other aspects I already addressed in earlier posts, and another point I won't dare to bring up because I would feel stupid posting it -_-

naw, man, you can bring it up if you want. the intro to the song really excited me when i first heard it (one of the main reasons because it was fronted by mark). i thought the chorus would either be like plus 44 with something like weatherman or like a blink-ish mature song, more in the vein of adam's song. but neither of those songs actually happened. i completely agree with you though that the song is weak. mark usually sounds his best when he sings in his lower register, which is why the chorus to natives and the pre-chorus in m.h. both really resonate with me, but here, the melody just falls flat. it sounds like a really bad b side. and that's really depressing because usually the melody to blink sings aren't the issue even when i don't like a blink song. it's usually because of some other sound problem or riff. but here, the melody just blows mad hard. blink is known for being catchy even when they weren't mainstream. without it, they are just an empty shell ESPECIALLY when they try to make mature songs like this one.
-Hot Water Music

brianedge wrote:the weirdness of this song i think is it's best quality. i think this is the most progressive song on the album, not the weakest. i wouldn't be surprised to find even more experimentation on the next album like this.

oh definitely. i actually really love the guitar work in the first verse, especially after mark sings "so just drive." even though it's just three notes, they just really resonate with me. good stuff. i still can't get into the chorus though.
-Hot Water Music

it all builds up to the drum fills at the end. its all around intense.chorus is insane.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

That cover was atrocious!!
He took one of blink's most innovative songs and turned it into something unrecgonisable.
He is so shit!
and his voice claws into my brain and fucks up the insides.

Sorry, but whatever possessed him to take the best song on the album and making it a crystal copy of all his shitty covers?! gah!