DO NOT POST DOWNLOAD LEAKS. INSTA-BAN IF YOU DO!

Re: This Is Home

justin wrote:
yodda wrote:More people should like this song because of the use of the word vagabonds.

that's probably the most googled word today.

When I first listened to the song I heard "jager bomb"... and then I looked at the lyrics and saw it was vagabond. Not even close. But I definitely googled the word!
"Every once in a while I like to f*** pigs..." - Tom

KayTheMagnificent is magnificent for creating this image

BG9352 wrote:
justin wrote:
yodda wrote:More people should like this song because of the use of the word vagabonds.

that's probably the most googled word today.

When I first listened to the song I heard "jager bomb"... and then I looked at the lyrics and saw it was vagabond. Not even close. But I definitely googled the word!

I only knew the word because of Elton John's song on the Lion King soundtrack haha

kaylubD wrote:Does anyone else think the keyboards in the beginning sound a bit like the Cure? I guess only Cure fans would though

I noticed Cure throughout the entire album. Listen to the bridge towards the end of Ghost on the Dancefloor. Also in Even if She Falls, it sounds like the beginning of "Friday I'm in Love."

This song is pretty weak in my opinion, and I hate synth. I'd probably like the song a lot more without the disco sounding synth. Synth like on 'Always' is great, but on this one I really don't like it.
Sig by Djenni

I like how poppy this song feels at any given time. Feels like a good mix of other projects, yet has a blink-182 feel that anyone can enjoy.

Plus, like many of you have said, the "studders" in the chorus(or pre-chorus) are addicting.

the intro is the best part of the song. i like how the synths give the song an 80s vibe. but as for the rest of the song.... :scared:
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Yeah, the synth is cool, it's just like upbeat Cure songs. But the vocals suck ass in every part of the song, the interlude flows terribly back into the chorus, and the awesome bass solo is ruined by not suiting the song at all.

edit: actually one part of the vocals are good, just where he says "this is home" at the end of the chorus

I don't know why I love this song so much. It's more the chorus than the verses. I just smile every time I hear the chorus. I like the synth and the guitar line, but I agree with Kay that the vocals following the guitar can become tiresome.

I definitely disagree with this being a filler song as well. In my eyes anyway, it's a song that I seek out a lot.

brianedge wrote:I don't know why I love this song so much. It's more the chorus than the verses. I just smile every time I hear the chorus. I like the synth and the guitar line, but I agree with Kay that the vocals following the guitar can become tiresome.

I definitely disagree with this being a filler song as well. In my eyes anyway, it's a song that I seek out a lot.

It is like candy.

It seems as if a lot of fans don't really care for This Is Home. It's easily one of my favourites from the album! I really like Toms vocals here, the chorus and just the way the song sounds overall.
blink-❶❽❷, august 17th