DO NOT POST DOWNLOAD LEAKS. INSTA-BAN IF YOU DO!

Re: Kaleidoscope

Muttweed182 wrote:
teenager17 wrote:This song is mediocre, its one of the worst on Neighborhoods. It starts off promising, although it falls apart during the chorus. This song definitely needed a better chorus, though I can't think of what it could have sounded like. I like the verses and bridge in this song, though I hate the chorus. The long outro (45 seconds of an electronic drum loop) made absolutely no sense in the context of this song which didn't feature any synthesizer; the outro was way too long and drawn out, and it would have been better if this song ended with the final chord being held instead.

You think This is Home and Fighting the Gravity are awesome but Kaleidoscope and Love is Dangerous suck? Before you get all raved up about how it's your opinion, that's completely apparent, but the latter two songs are so patently better written and superior.

Fighting the Gravity lacks itinerary to such a degree that it's almost unlistenable. It doesn't make it cool or experimental, it makes it vexatious, a song like Love is Dangerous is truly experimental but at the same time captures perfectly what we love about blink. Never before have we heard Mark and Tom singing at the same time, which in itself is very peculiar to hear but then we get the timeless gem of call and response singing from two of it's greatest associates! It's utterly ravishing! The bridge is so fucking well written and beautiful then we get one last chorus and then a cool marching drum outro. Honestly I think should it should of been the lead single. Would of done very well I think.

This is Home is just so insipid and banal. It's so agonizingly apparent that it's a "throw-back" song that it's fucking obnoxious. It abruptly halts the album to such a degree that everyone should at the very least loathe its nuisance to the album. It will never cease to astonish me that Snake Charmer is a bonus track and this insufferable piece of tripe is on the standard edition. But Kaleidoscope which perfectly encapsulates AVA Plus 44 and even bit of Travis's drum 'n' bass influences, which in essence is you know, fucking blink 182 sucks? The song has great lyrics from both sides, a meaningful subject matter not just for them but for us the fans as well, great use of piano, great melodys especially from Tom's end, a nifty lil' guitar riff and a very unique outro but you wanted them to do typical guitar ring ending? Yeah no...

No offense but I hope blink don't write songs that cater to fans like you because they would at that point become band of bland banal and bewildering tunes, with a great back catalog which would ultimately turn them into a nostalgia band which they don't deserve.

i get what you're saying (even though i don't agree with any of your points cuz both kaleidoscope and love is dangerous suck) but you don't have to attack the guy. like you said, it's his opinion. he's new to the site. we want to keep members, not scare them off. don't be a jackass, jackass.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

But it's my opinion that his opinion is fallacious. I said no offense because I didn't mean any offense, but if he wants to to take offense to that it's his choice not mine. What I wrote shouldn't even be noted as offensive in the first place, I was simply indicating how I think blink would suffer if they wrote songs like that and didn't write the songs like the ones that he stated sucked. It's not like I came out nowhere and ambushed him, I gave him reasoning as to why I thought this and he's free to disagree and hopefully he could provide valid reasoning as to why I'm mistaken and then we could have an intriguing discussion, if not then he simply has to live with my opinion which doesn't necessitate his departure from the forum at all.

Spoiler: show
I'm going to listen to "Jackass" by Green Day now

I'm not going to weigh in on your quite aggressive but amusing outrage, although I will say that you should lay off the new guy.

However, I must give you props for this :

Muttweed182 wrote:This is Home is just so insipid and banal. It's so agonizingly apparent that it's a "throw-back" song that it's fucking obnoxious. It abruptly halts the album to such a degree that everyone should at the very least loathe its nuisance to the album. It will never cease to astonish me that Snake Charmer is a bonus track and this insufferable piece of tripe is on the standard edition.

BEST. DESCRIPTION. EVER!!!

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Muttweed182 wrote:
teenager17 wrote:This song is mediocre, its one of the worst on Neighborhoods. It starts off promising, although it falls apart during the chorus. This song definitely needed a better chorus, though I can't think of what it could have sounded like. I like the verses and bridge in this song, though I hate the chorus. The long outro (45 seconds of an electronic drum loop) made absolutely no sense in the context of this song which didn't feature any synthesizer; the outro was way too long and drawn out, and it would have been better if this song ended with the final chord being held instead.

You think This is Home and Fighting the Gravity are awesome but Kaleidoscope and Love is Dangerous suck? Before you get all raved up about how it's your opinion, that's completely apparent, but the latter two songs are so patently better written and superior.

Fighting the Gravity lacks itinerary to such a degree that it's almost unlistenable. It doesn't make it cool or experimental, it makes it vexatious, a song like Love is Dangerous is truly experimental but at the same time captures perfectly what we love about blink. Never before have we heard Mark and Tom singing at the same time, which in itself is very peculiar to hear but then we get the timeless gem of call and response singing from two of it's greatest associates! It's utterly ravishing! The bridge is so fucking well written and beautiful then we get one last chorus and then a cool marching drum outro. Honestly I think should it should of been the lead single. Would of done very well I think.

This is Home is just so insipid and banal. It's so agonizingly apparent that it's a "throw-back" song that it's fucking obnoxious. It abruptly halts the album to such a degree that everyone should at the very least loathe its nuisance to the album. It will never cease to astonish me that Snake Charmer is a bonus track and this insufferable piece of tripe is on the standard edition. But Kaleidoscope which perfectly encapsulates AVA Plus 44 and even bit of Travis's drum 'n' bass influences, which in essence is you know, fucking blink 182 sucks? The song has great lyrics from both sides, a meaningful subject matter not just for them but for us the fans as well, great use of piano, great melodys especially from Tom's end, a nifty lil' guitar riff and a very unique outro but you wanted them to do typical guitar ring ending? Yeah no...

No offense but I hope blink don't write songs that cater to fans like you because they would at that point become band of bland banal and bewildering tunes, with a great back catalog which would ultimately turn them into a nostalgia band which they don't deserve.

Personally I think Blink's best material can be found on Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch; their early skate punk style is my favorite that they've explored, of which the only new song (in my opinion) which resembles this is Heart's All Gone. I consider myself musically open-minded and I definitely enjoy a lot of the experimentation on Neighborhoods. I'm definitely open to new material from Blink, since I knew that it would inevitably sound different from what they've done before and push the musical boundaries further than their self-titled album. I know a lot of Blink fans who think EOTS and TOYPAJ is by far their best material, and they weren't open to new songs from Blink unless they sounded exactly like the pop-punk of these albums. In these fans' minds, Blink played too fast during the Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch eras, but they hate the experimentation of the self-titled album and Neighborhoods. While I enjoy Blink's huge hits like All the Small Things and What's My Age Again, I was looking forward to new songs from them that were more original and complex than these two ones, and thankfully I found that on their new album. While personally I'd like Blink to have more songs which sound like Heart's All Gone and Boring on their next album, I realize this probably won't happen, so I'm open to change and at the same time hope they consciously include throw-back songs on their future albums.

I guess I could see why some people don't like Fighting the Gravity, considering how weird of a song it is, though personally I enjoy the tight, dense production of this song. The first time I heard This is Home I actually thought the stutters during the chorus were really annoying, but now I realize the chorus probably wouldn't work any other way, and now it's one of my favorite Blink songs of all time. One thing I like about it is how Tom consciously made sure the lyrics were immature. Although I mentioned this in the thread "which songs off the new album can you relate to", I forgot to mention here that I really like the lyrics of Kaleidoscope, even during the chorus - it's an honest reflection of how challenging the recording process for this album war, and how they evaluated the transformation of their band. I can also relate to this song whenever I get frustrated with working on projects and refining them. As for Love is Dangerous, it's simply my opinion that it's the only terrible song on the new album. I've listened to it several times and I've tried to like it. As I've mentioned before, I like many of the experimental songs on this album which sound nothing like traditional Blink 182, though this is the only one I don't like. In my opinion it sounds like a mix of AVA and an experimental Jimmy Eat World song off of one of their new albums, and I just simply don't like it (though I'm a fan of AVA and Jimmy Eat World). I guess my opinion on Love is Dangerous is similar to that of Dear Rosemary off the new Foo Fighters album - many Foo Fighters fans enjoy that song, though I think that's the only terrible song off Wasting Light.

teenager17 wrote:
Muttweed182 wrote:

Personally I think Blink's best material can be found on Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch; their early skate punk style is my favorite that they've explored, of which the only new song (in my opinion) which resembles this is Heart's All Gone. I consider myself musically open-minded and I definitely enjoy a lot of the experimentation on Neighborhoods. I'm definitely open to new material from Blink, since I knew that it would inevitably sound different from what they've done before and push the musical boundaries further than their self-titled album. I know a lot of Blink fans who think EOTS and TOYPAJ is by far their best material, and they weren't open to new songs from Blink unless they sounded exactly like the pop-punk of these albums. In these fans' minds, Blink played too fast during the Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch eras, but they hate the experimentation of the self-titled album and Neighborhoods. While I enjoy Blink's huge hits like All the Small Things and What's My Age Again, I was looking forward to new songs from them that were more original and complex than these two ones, and thankfully I found that on their new album. While personally I'd like Blink to have more songs which sound like Heart's All Gone and Boring on their next album, I realize this probably won't happen, so I'm open to change and at the same time hope they consciously include throw-back songs on their future albums.

I guess I could see why some people don't like Fighting the Gravity, considering how weird of a song it is, though personally I enjoy the tight, dense production of this song. The first time I heard This is Home I actually thought the stutters during the chorus were really annoying, but now I realize the chorus probably wouldn't work any other way, and now it's one of my favorite Blink songs of all time. One thing I like about it is how Tom consciously made sure the lyrics were immature. Although I mentioned this in the thread "which songs off the new album can you relate to", I forgot to mention here that I really like the lyrics of Kaleidoscope, even during the chorus - it's an honest reflection of how challenging the recording process for this album war, and how they evaluated the transformation of their band. I can also relate to this song whenever I get frustrated with working on projects and refining them. As for Love is Dangerous, it's simply my opinion that it's the only terrible song on the new album. I've listened to it several times and I've tried to like it. As I've mentioned before, I like many of the experimental songs on this album which sound nothing like traditional Blink 182, though this is the only one I don't like. In my opinion it sounds like a mix of AVA and an experimental Jimmy Eat World song off of one of their new albums, and I just simply don't like it (though I'm a fan of AVA and Jimmy Eat World). I guess my opinion on Love is Dangerous is similar to that of Dear Rosemary off the new Foo Fighters album - many Foo Fighters fans enjoy that song, though I think that's the only terrible song off Wasting Light.

You're definitely not close-minded ( I didn't say or think you were), you like Fighting the Gravity! Hearts All Gone is a perfect assemblage of everything blink 182 has ever done (just to clarify blink not AVA or Plus 44). Everything about that song (especially the intro) is fucking superb! I just vigorously detest This is Home for my already explicit reasons. I guess I'm just shocked people don't like Love is Dangerous, from day one it's been my favorite track off the new album. It's just so well constructed and novel! It's the real "I Miss You" of the album to me. The reason that track got so much attention was because it was a sound that was so foreign to blink which is the same exact case for Love is Dangerous. They pulled it off so well that it would be an utter ignominy if it didn't get a single release.

In short I think I'm just trying to say I love both sides of blink (experimental and old-school fast punk rock), I just hope in the future blink write more songs like Hearts All Gone than This is Home. This is Home just doesn't give them any credibility and I would hate for blink to lose that.

P.S. I don't like Dear Rosemary at all haha!

Muttweed182 wrote:
teenager17 wrote:
Muttweed182 wrote:

You're definitely not close-minded ( I didn't say or think you were), you like Fighting the Gravity! Hearts All Gone is a perfect assemblage of everything blink 182 has ever done (just to clarify blink not AVA or Plus 44). Everything about that song (especially the intro) is fucking superb! I just vigorously detest This is Home for my already explicit reasons. I guess I'm just shocked people don't like Love is Dangerous, from day one it's been my favorite track off the new album. It's just so well constructed and novel! It's the real "I Miss You" of the album to me. The reason that track got so much attention was because it was a sound that was so foreign to blink which is the same exact case for Love is Dangerous. They pulled it off so well that it would be an utter ignominy if it didn't get a single release.

In short I think I'm just trying to say I love both sides of blink (experimental and old-school fast punk rock), I just hope in the future blink write more songs like Hearts All Gone than This is Home. This is Home just doesn't give them any credibility and I would hate for blink to lose that.

I hate Love Is Dangerous and pretty sure a lot of people on here do too. I just find it to be an AVA ripoff with cheesy lyrics. The verses aren't bad, but the chorus makes me want to throw up. I felt like I was listening to Clever Love all over again. Love Is Dangerous and Fighting the Gravity are the only two songs I detest on the album and are not blink. I still find the rest of the album completely mediocre, but that's besides the point.

shadowofahelicopter wrote:
Muttweed182 wrote:
teenager17 wrote:
Muttweed182 wrote:

I hate Love Is Dangerous and pretty sure a lot of people on here do too. I just find it to be an AVA ripoff with cheesy lyrics. The verses aren't bad, but the chorus makes me want to throw up. I felt like I was listening to Clever Love all over again. Love Is Dangerous and Fighting the Gravity are the only two songs I detest on the album and are not blink. I still find the rest of the album completely mediocre, but that's besides the point.

By that standard Always is an AVA style song.

Not sure if this has been posted but i always wanted to know what this song was gunna be for when Mark put this video up. Then i forgot about the clip, and now ive seen it again im pretty sure it's for Kaleidoscope. He says the song is in Drop D, and the chords he plays sound like the bridge from this B-E-A-utiful song.

...and this one too

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

god, i still can't get over how shitty the chorus is. the melody bounces around waaaaay too much.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

wink182 wrote:Not sure if this has been posted but i always wanted to know what this song was gunna be for when Mark put this video up. Then i forgot about the clip, and now ive seen it again im pretty sure it's for Kaleidoscope. He says the song is in Drop D, and the chords he plays sound like the bridge from this B-E-A-utiful song.

...and this one too

That's definitely kaleidoscope.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!