DO NOT POST DOWNLOAD LEAKS. INSTA-BAN IF YOU DO!

Re: Kaleidoscope

jofizz wrote:I heard "help here" right away. It helps if you are strongly accustomed to Tom's singing and the way he pronounces words.

I've been a fan for over 12 years. I'm fairly accustomed to it. :lol:

I didn't say I didn't hear it. It's just what it SOUNDS like.

jofizz wrote:I heard "help here" right away. It helps if you are strongly accustomed to Tom's singing and the way he pronounces words.

lol, obviously...

I don't think anyone here would be shocked at Tom pronouncing some words a little funny.

not like blink is anyone's favorite band here or anything like that..

brianedge wrote:
dizzle_fortyfour wrote:Anyone notice when Tom says "help here" in the 2nd verse, it sounds like he says "ill peer"? It confused the shit outta me the first few times. :lol:

haha yes. there were H's pronounced at all.

Reminds me of After Midnight.

OLD ON AS WE...

Also, Anxiety from AvA.

Took me ages to hear "bottle full of crude" because he says "CREEEOOO(d)". But now I hear it fine and look back with "how did I not hear that".

Just gotta get re-accustomed to Tom's pronunciations.
~ Imagine yourself dressed like wood ~

Previous Sigs:

~ My fate was sealed the moment I removed my pants ~

I know it's a tiny detail, but i love in the 2nd verse how the drum beat becomes more pronounced half way through before Tom sings "No reason..."
It's little change ups like that which make listening so exciting and rewarding, even after tons of plays.

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

The intro is very different, but still, it reminds me so much of Fallen Leaves by Bill Talent for some reason and I can't help it haha. Not that it's a bad thing, I love Kaleidoscope. I just picture the music video for Fallen Leaves whenever I hear the intro.

Spoiler: show

brianedge wrote:i wish Tom didn't like take this song over. I wish mark sang more than just those first verses.

But those verses are awesome!
"Every once in a while I like to f*** pigs..." - Tom

KayTheMagnificent is magnificent for creating this image

brianedge wrote:i wish Tom didn't like take this song over. I wish mark sang more than just those first verses.

agree. i wish this song would've been a Mark song. i love Mark's voice in this song and when Tom starts to sing, i was like "hey.. no.. wait. what happened to Mark??"

espinozac wrote:

agree. i wish this song would've been a Mark song. i love Mark's voice in this song and when Tom starts to sing, i was like "hey.. no.. wait. what happened to Mark??"

I completely disagree. Tom makes the song for me

Matt. wrote:
espinozac wrote:

Same, this song wouldn't be as cool without Tom
Thanks Kay.

http://mysummerjob.mybrute.com

Raku wrote:
Matt. wrote:
espinozac wrote:

Same, this song wouldn't be as cool without Tom

i honestly think it'll be way better without Tom.
Spoiler: show
^ can't believe i just typed that.

I love when Tom sings "To get it right" and when that repeats at the end, suuuuch a Travis influenced part...on the other hand, i don't like the verses, I wish Mark sang high more, and not so low all the time

Previously known as NotForsaken

Zulu wrote:I love when Tom sings "To get it right" and when that repeats at the end, suuuuch a Travis influenced part...on the other hand, i don't like the verses, I wish Mark sang high more, and not so low all the time

Ah, i love Mark's singing in the verses, it's kinda laid back and chilled, and is a really good foil for Tom's urgency in the chorus, imo.

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus