DO NOT POST DOWNLOAD LEAKS. INSTA-BAN IF YOU DO!

Re: So lets discuss it!

Zulu wrote:I tried to find a download for the standard version, couldn't find one XD no one bothers with it, probably the same thing with the clean versions

but then you have the self titled and its like IMPOSSIBLE to find an explicit copy on the internet hahaha.

As a musician I promise to only release explicit albums... I don't believe in public censorship. Fuck you, it isn't my job to keep your kids safe from bad words.
I also refuse to let my albums be sold at Walmart and I refuse to make music that I was told to make. That is why I will never be famous.
I sacrifice for the greater good, haha!

I've worn out the album, haven't listened to it in over a week. Now it is reserved for the shuffle feature on my ipod, I'll listen to it when it comes on but I won't actively search it out.

Thank You Kay, You Sexy and Magnificent British Sex Beast!

Matt Melanoma wrote:As a musician I promise to only release explicit albums... I don't believe in public censorship. Fuck you, it isn't my job to keep your kids safe from bad words.
I also refuse to let my albums be sold at Walmart and I refuse to make music that I was told to make. That is why I will never be famous.

I've worn out the album, haven't listened to it in over a week. Now it is reserved for the shuffle feature on my ipod, I'll listen to it when it comes on but I won't actively search it out.

hell yeah, same! (Y)

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

(Kyle) wrote:
Matt Melanoma wrote:As a musician I promise to only release explicit albums... I don't believe in public censorship. Fuck you, it isn't my job to keep your kids safe from bad words.

hell yeah, same! (Y)

I think thats what Green Day decided

Thanks to Kay for the awesome sig!

gusgiann wrote:
(Kyle) wrote:

hell yeah, same! (Y)

I think thats what Green Day decided

Yeah. I remember when 21st Century Breakdown came out, there was a big thing about them refusing it to be in Walmart. I agree. It's stupid to censor.

.... why did someone mention green day in this here thread? TIME TO DIE!!!!! ;p
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

i got it there. the guy told me about that. he said the first 5 people who purchased the album would get a limited tour bunny. i told him "ok? i don't get why you would tell me that. we both know i'm not apart of the first 5". he's all "hah sorry" and he gave me a discount because he felt bad. ;p

i can't take one step in a hot topic without feeling like a creeper. can't stand that store.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

EDIT- All songs transcribed. Enjoy :D

Ghost on the Dance Floor was an idea that Tom brought to Travis and I about a third of the way through recording and it was pretty well formulated by the time that we got to it. The bridge we changed quite a bit. We had harmonies and changed things here and there, but the song was pretty well formulated when Tom handed it to us. And it just had the feeling of the first song on the record and I think it’s a good intro to the rest of the album.

The song Natives was entirely built around a beat Travis came up with in the studio. It took me the longest time to understand where the one was in this loop though because the snare actually hits on and of four and the and of one. So its very difficult for me to get my head around, but I finally got it and I think that this song turned out pretty cool.

I think that the Up All Night is the best indication of what Blink is becoming on this new album. I think that it sounds like Blink, it sounds like everything that we’ve done since the band broke up. It sounds like things that we’ve done before the band broke up and it also sounds like a step forward. I think it is a great introduction to this record.

After Midnight was originally titled “High Hat Beat” because it was a beat that Travis had come up with in the studio while he was working on a different project and he had this idea for a beat so he asked our engineer “hey record real quick” and he looped that and Tom and I divided up the jobs- He wrote the versus, I wrote the choruses. It came together very quickly and I think its one of my favorite songs on the entire record.

Snake Charmer was actually based around a riff that Tom had had for a while, I think before the hiatus of Blink and then kept it around and brought it back in and we built the song around the heavy guitar progression in the beginning of the song. And I remember walking into the studio one day and Travis and our engineer Chris had constructed the outro, the rhythmic outro for this song which I think is one of my favorite parts on this whole album.

When I was writing “Heart’s All Gone” I couldn’t tell if I wanted it to be a fast song or a slow song so I started writing both with the intent to decide between both of them. But we ended up liking both of them so we used the slower version for the “Heart’s All Gone Interlude” and then the faster version as the actual Heart’s All Gone.” Which I love how fast it is, I love the energy, I love the immediacy of it, the simplicity of it. I think it fits in a way that is very different then all the other songs on the album.

Wishing Well is all Tom. He wrote that song. He wrote the lyrics. He wrote everything about that song and I think its really a great track. Its kind of indicative as to the feel of this record I think as well in that its very catchy, but the lyrics are very, very dark and a little depressing but I like that about this record. And I think that this song embodies that notion.

I woke up one morning with the line “stop banging away on my kaleidoscope, stop draining all the water out of my sink” and I wanted to build that into a song. I ended up changing the line, but the mentality behind it um, being a slacker in 2011, um, kind of the 20’s and 30’s phase that is America right now. It’s kind of what it’s about.
“This is Home” started off as a song originally titled “Scars to blame” that I had written, but it wasn’t fully completed yet. So Tom and I took the chorus of that song, the bridge of that song and Tom wrote new verses and wrote all the lyrics to that song. Its kind of an anthem for youthful abandonment.

One day when I was driving home form the studio, I was at a stop light and a helicopter flew over me and the shadow happened to cross over right in front of my car. And for some reason I started thinking about all the people in the world that live with helicopters flying over them all the time. People in war torn countries, people in poor areas, peoples where circling helicopters is a way of life and so I kind of wrote this song around that idea.

Initially, “Love is Dangerous” was a song that was very electronic, minimalistic kind of valody(?) and we built on it and built on it and eventually it took on this big rock sound, this very sweeping guitars, huge bridge, all kinds of cool stuff. But I am really glad on how that song came together.

Ah. “Fighting the Gravity”, what can I say about “Fighting the Gravity?” It is a very strange song. It is one of my favorites because it is so strange. It started off when I ran a drum machine through my bass amp turned up all the way and the kick drum shook the building so much that the light fixture in the control room was shaking. We actually miced that up and that is the rattling kick that you hear at the very beginning of the song so listen for that.

“Even if She Falls” is definitely the most up beat song on the album lyrically. And it’s a great catchy love song. It’s got a great hook to it. And I think it’s a good positive note to round out the record. And that’s it.
"Every once in a while I like to f*** pigs..." - Tom

KayTheMagnificent is magnificent for creating this image

BG9352 wrote:Wishing Well is all Tom. He wrote that song. He wrote the lyrics. He wrote everything about that song...

Oh so that's why it sucks.

BG9352 wrote:“This is Home” started off as a song originally titled “Scars to blame” that I had written, but it wasn’t fully completed yet. So Tom and I took the chorus of that song, the bridge of that song and Tom wrote new verses and wrote all the lyrics to that song. Its kind of an anthem for youthful abandonment.

If he wrote it, why didn't he sing at least a part of it? You know, not to make yet another album Tom heavy. Ah fuck it, I give up.

BG9352 wrote:“Even if She Falls” is definitely the most up beat song on the album lyrically. And it’s a great catchy love song. It’s got a great hook to it. And I think it’s a good positive note to round out the record. And that’s it.

No it isn't. Get it? Ha-ha. Because you don't "round out" a dark record with an upbeat catchy song.