Re: Box Car Racer General Discussion Thread

I would be pumped if a new BCR album came out. I really, really doubt it would sound like AVA. He's got AVA- in my opinion, BCR would only be reunited if Tom is having a phase of wanting to record another fugazi influenced, stripped down record. I don't know how successful it would be, but I'd be super interested just to see if Tom could write anything like the previous BCR record.

Even if it didn't sound like AVA, it wouldn't sound like BCR and it'd probably suck.
I mean I like dream walker and the latest two AVA EPs but thats got a lot to do with low expectations. if he was all 'IM DOING A BCR ALBUM' a part of me would at least half hope for something that actually sounds like BCR and we wouldn't get it and I'd be sad.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Elevator wrote:I don't think they would call it BCR nor would it sound like BCR. Tom would rather do something new and Travis likely wouldn't be comfortable with typical Tom synth 3 minute intro stuff. I'd like to think doing something unexpected would better serve expectations and output.

If they don't release a folk funk album now I will be furious.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Kay wrote:
Elevator wrote:I don't think they would call it BCR nor would it sound like BCR. Tom would rather do something new and Travis likely wouldn't be comfortable with typical Tom synth 3 minute intro stuff. I'd like to think doing something unexpected would better serve expectations and output.

If they don't release a folk funk album now I will be furious.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did something acoustic.

twitter

4thekids wrote:
Elevator wrote:
4thekids wrote:it would be another angels and airwaves album with the boxcar racer name. aka not interested.

I don't think Travis would do it if it was going to sound like AVA. But fuck Tom, yeah?

Travis did Neighborhoods, yeah?

Neighborhoods doesn't feel like an AVA album. It has a few bits here and there but that's it. But fuck Tom, yeah?