Re: Angels and Airwaves General Discussion Thread

Just incase anyone missed this apparently there's gonna be another AVA album this summer...

ToTheStars wrote:The novel will be accompanied by an original album by Angels & Airwaves that serves as an audio companion piece to listen to while you read. Published by To The Stars and distributed by Simon & Schuster, collectible and enhanced editions of the book will be available exclusively on ToTheStars.Media SUMMER 2015 with special editions being distributed to the book trade FALL 2015. Keep an eye out for the book cover reveal and pre-sale to launch in the coming weeks with more info.

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

scoobs wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:It's probably just going to be some spacey noises. doing a proper album to accompany a book makes little to no sense.

Nothing Tom does makes any sense anymore. Any logical person would think the art he's creating is a waste of time and resources.

Have you seen some of the recent reviews for that 'waste of time and resources?'

blinkfan4evr54 wrote:Yea the whole concept of having a "listen-along" album to accompany a book is so misguided its not even funny. Basically Tom in a nutshell: ambition that is half-baked and illogical.

Meh, I actually think it's kind of a good idea. It's pretty much like Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon and Oz ... except it's actually packaged as one entity and not presented ambiguously.

It's like concept albums. Just a step forward.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:
blinkfan4evr54 wrote:Yea the whole concept of having a "listen-along" album to accompany a book is so misguided its not even funny. Basically Tom in a nutshell: ambition that is half-baked and illogical.

Meh, I actually think it's kind of a good idea. It's pretty much like Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon and Oz ... except it's actually packaged as one entity and not presented ambiguously.

Well yea, cool in concept, except not when you think about it practically. Everyone watches a movie at the same speed, NO ONE reads at the same speed, ya know? So how are you supposed to make sure that the music syncs up with the book?

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

blinkfan4evr54 wrote:
Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:

Well yea, cool in concept, except not when you think about it practically. Everyone watches a movie at the same speed, NO ONE reads at the same speed, ya know? So how are you supposed to make sure that the music syncs up with the book?

Well you can always slow down the song or speed it up.. :lol:

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show

PantaRhei wrote:
scoobs wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:It's probably just going to be some spacey noises. doing a proper album to accompany a book makes little to no sense.

Nothing Tom does makes any sense anymore. Any logical person would think the art he's creating is a waste of time and resources.

Have you seen some of the recent reviews for that 'waste of time and resources?'

Nope, because none of the sites I visit are even reviewing it because literally nobody cares. He's making this stuff for the hardcore 10-20k of you that exist on this planet, and the rest of us continue to not know/care that it exists.

real talk if you have to listen to music while you read a book it's probably not a very good book. I've always been under the impression that he's just doing an EP with the book because few people will buy the book by itself (just like all his other "packages"). anyway even if I'm wrong a quality book will immerse you in its world/story and will not need outside distractions. reading with music on is extremely difficult for me lol.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe this just makes sense to him. I mean I don't criticise films for having a score accompany them. but that's at least synced up and sound is a part of film. this will just be a headache (literally) and it genuinely just feels to me like more of Tom marketing packages of shit.

carlcockatoo wrote:real talk if you have to listen to music while you read a book it's probably not a very good book. I've always been under the impression that he's just doing an EP with the book because few people will buy the book by itself (just like all his other "packages"). anyway even if I'm wrong a quality book will immerse you in its world/story and will not need outside distractions. reading with music on is extremely difficult for me lol.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe this just makes sense to him. I mean I don't criticise films for having a score accompany them. but that's at least synced up and sound is a part of film. this will just be a headache (literally) and it genuinely just feels to me like more of Tom marketing packages of shit.

I don't listen to music when reading either. I think it's definitely the package idea, but also maybe because he just wants to keep attempting to tie it all together.

I have absolutely no faith in the book being good. the snippet he instagrammed was full of grammar mistakes and just seemed really...meh.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

scoobs wrote:
PantaRhei wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Nope, because none of the sites I visit are even reviewing it because literally nobody cares. He's making this stuff for the hardcore 10-20k of you that exist on this planet, and the rest of us continue to not know/care that it exists.

I was talking about the comic books, seem to be pretty well received so far. Besides even if his demo EP was the best thing he ever did it still wouldn't have gotten much attention.