Re: Angels and Airwaves General Discussion Thread

Chuck-182 wrote:Kanye West is with Modlife? How has this not taken off then?

Kanye West and NIN are both huge names but I'm pretty sure neither of them actively use it. I remember an interview where Tom briefly mentioned working with Kanye and it was all in past tense and while these clients aren't "out" it doesn't seem like any of them actively use modlife. I mean blink-182 isn't actively using it either even if DED packages were sold through it (were they? I don't remember).

modlife doesn't even offer a unique service and the philosophy behind it is honestly pretty shit (monetise everything lol) so I don't blame any of these "clients" for not really using it.

actually that entire page is pretty hilarious. it just names any artist that may have at one point been affiliated with modlife in any way and lists them as "clients". of those we know actually use it, they're basically all either AVA or associated with AVA. so yeah, huge game changing service LOL.

And she said... wrote:What's with the lightsaber?

Well, isn't that General Grievus' main weapon of choice? Why wouldn't he be armed with it? haha

I really wonder what all of this will come to or if it will just be another dud like modlife is ... well, based on your comments.

I also wonder where this new AVA will come from. If anything, he should make it as much like blink as possible because that would be the only way he could still be tethered to blink even though not directly. Since he's a "businessman" slash "artist," that would be the smartest thing to do especially since he is not in blink anymore. He could still use his "larger than life" lyrics and meanings, but with the blink sound. That would be the smartest thing to do ever. Plus, it's an ep. It doesn't have to conform with the whole album flow ... AVA's canon, if you will
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

tyler182 wrote:I don't think Ilan would be down with making a blink-esque album. That's way below his abilities, seems like a waste of his time honestly. I'm pretty sure he's even said he doesn't like using power chords, which is all blink is.

They could still do blink-style songs minus the power chords, can't they? Or am I just being daft? And doesn't Ilan do drums? Does it really matter what the guitar is? He can just pound the shit out of the drums over whatever they do instrumentally. I mean, Travis does that. Blink is waaaaaaay belong his capabilities but he still shines through with his insane skills.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music