Re: Angels and Airwaves / Tom Delonge General Discussion Thread

And she said... wrote:I don't think Doug would have inside knowledge on the whole quit/didn't quit thing. That's just his POV based on what he's heard.

IDK, they were pretty close I thought.

Plus it just confirms what most people have deduced at this point. its pretty damn obvious Tom quit.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

And she said... wrote:I believe that Tom quit, but I also believe that Tom doesn't think he quit.

Tom's using legal mumbo-jumbo to defend himself. When he defends "not quitting " and "he's still a part of blink" he's talking about the IP that is "blink-182". He helped create it, he is a part of it, he's still getting money for it. So from a legally literality, yes he's still a part of blink, he didn't give that up. I don't think anyone would. Its a small way to save face and make himself feel better.

*taps foot* Still waiting for that new music Tom....

Eps are good and all, but none feel lasting slightly forgettable and I'm hungry for more already... Also doesn't help I'm pretty much ignoring Dream Walker.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Coffee Shampoo wrote:I really want to listen to the acoustic WDNTW, it seems like he's taking his time to do it.

Really? 'cuz I think he's scrapped it.

He hasn't mentioned it at all, the only hint we've had is an instagram clip that he's since deleted. He's got his strange times crap coming out and he seems 100% focused on more Sekret Machines stuff. I don't think we'll get music from him for a long long while.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Kay wrote:
Coffee Shampoo wrote:I really want to listen to the acoustic WDNTW, it seems like he's taking his time to do it.

Really? 'cuz I think he's scrapped it.

He hasn't mentioned it at all, the only hint we've had is an instagram clip that he's since deleted. He's got his strange times crap coming out and he seems 100% focused on more Sekret Machines stuff. I don't think we'll get music from him for a long long while.

Yeah I agree. He hyped up the 10 year anniversary of it all and promised "big things" and has since gone silent about it. I was disappointed at first and then realized that's just how he is sometimes.

I'd prefer a tour anyways, but I don't see him touring anytime soon. Plus with how bad his voice has gotten, I don't think he'd sound great live or on an acoustic album of songs he sang 10 years ago in a completely different pitch/cadence ha.

I don't think Tom's scrapped it at all. I just imagine he's only working on it when he wants to, which is only every few months spread out over 2-4 years.

He'll release it in tandem with a book or short film or whatever other TTS thing. It's kind of how he does business now. Major Non-Musical Art Thing That Has Very Little Reach + Music That Has Huge Reach = Improved Reach For MN-MAT

twitter

Dookie wrote:

I laughed. So hard. So so hard. Wow.

Well, now his email is out there ha.

LMFAO. :lol:

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)