Re: Angels and Airwaves / Tom Delonge General Discussion Thread

And she said... wrote:I don't think Tom thinks before doing anything.

I think you're right.

I believe the delete is purely done to rile people up even more. Posting it wouldnt be enough. Posting it then removing it makes things even more interesting. Its just enough to get people talking. Purely to make himself feel relevant and remind people (like anyone forgot) that he was a part of blink. Maybe give the illusion he still thinks about blink a lot. Which I don't think he does.

Im curious in a year or so when the main stream media stops including Tom's name in blink articles how he will re-act. If at all. Now they say "Their first album without founding member Tom Delonge'. Later on that may end, that may stop. Curious how his ego reacts to that.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:

I think you're right.

I believe the delete is purely done to rile people up even more. Posting it wouldnt be enough. Posting it then removing it makes things even more interesting. Its just enough to get people talking. Purely to make himself feel relevant and remind people (like anyone forgot) that he was a part of blink. Maybe give the illusion he still thinks about blink a lot. Which I don't think he does.

Im curious in a year or so when the main stream media stops including Tom's name in blink articles how he will re-act. If at all. Now they say "Their first album without founding member Tom Delonge'. Later on that may end, that may stop. Curious how his ego reacts to that.

twitter

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:

I think you're right.

Uh... no. What you're suggesting would be him thinking before doing it. I just see it as, "This song is stuck in my head and I'm bored. Maybe I'll put this video of me singing it. The fans will love it!" (remember he wanted to take water slides pics with Travis "for the fans")

Then he deleted it when he started getting shit on about it.
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:

I think you're right.

Right, that must be it! Fuck Tom and his ego!!

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:

I think you're right.

lol, wut?
I'll keep my head exploding,
And keep on loving you,
Feed me; I'm your parasite.

Kay wrote:I'm actually sad that Strange Times doesn't have an EP attached. I was really looking forward to some new AVA music since the drop of California. I've loved the last two EPs.

I'm really surprised, as well, considering there was talk of a more "punk" sounding EP in the works. I feel like that style coincides with Strange Times in a way.

Was just thinking about those two EP's the other day actually. There are about 3 solid songs I go back to from those EP's. I still think Dreamwalker is the best AVA record. Which I never thought would happen.

Dookie wrote:
Kay wrote:I'm actually sad that Strange Times doesn't have an EP attached. I was really looking forward to some new AVA music since the drop of California. I've loved the last two EPs.

I'm really surprised, as well, considering there was talk of a more "punk" sounding EP in the works. I feel like that style coincides with Strange Times in a way.

Was just thinking about those two EP's the other day actually. There are about 3 solid songs I go back to from those EP's. I still think Dreamwalker is the best AVA record. Which I never thought would happen.

Surprisingly the only song I'm not keen on is Artillery. I used to hate Into The Night but I had the EPs on whilst I was reading The Passage and I'm on the third book of the trilogy now and that song fits too goddamn well to the whole feel of the series. I'll throw it on when I'm reading on my commute now because it feels wrong without it.

I think some tracks are stronger than others but I enjoy all of them. I actually prefer Of Nightmares but I seem to be the only person who does haha

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!