Re: Angels and Airwaves / Tom Delonge General Discussion Thread

Elevator wrote:“I used to tell Mark in Blink that I admired him because he was always satisfied with Blink. It satisfied him that it was an incredible thing, we were given such an incredible thing, we were so lucky to have it, and all those sort of things. I agreed with all those things, but for some reason it’s not stopping my desire to go out and learn more, and try more, and push myself more, and be surrounded by other people that I find are completely fascinating. You’re not going to see me do things that are the easy play, it’s just not going to happen. You’re going to see me do things that I have no business doing.”

I feel like that's pretty much Tom in a nutshell, if you include the fact that he's willing to be a douche in the process. Some people can tolerate that. Some can't.

Is that a legit quote? because fuck me... just eurgh all over.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Yah, before this documentary, I pretty much had moved on from Tom. When California came out, I was so happy with it that I even got nostalgic and thought that it would be great if he came back to blink. But after watching this .... yah, lol, no.

I pretty much agree with Kenobi has been saying. People who talk about how happy they are usually have a hidden motive. I'm not trying to say that he's not happy, but he obviously is, but the fact that he keeps on talking about it is strange.

And there is the fact that he's talking about how he listens to seminars and reads important books. That, when coupled with the fact that he constantly has to talk about how he's happy, feels as though he's trying to convince himself of something or validate his existence. "HEY! LOOK AT ME! I'M SMART!" Like I said before, I know he's happy, but the way he presents shows that there's something fishy going on in his head. It's like how he keeps on saying "People say this about me, but they're wrong." Just don't talk about it. If you don't talk about it, people will believe you.

The shit that bothered me was how he talked about Ghosts on the Dance Floor and how he was "jealous" of Mark for being okay to JUST want to do blink. He just needs to word things better. He can do that. This wasn't like a live interview or anything. He had to have re-watched it before it was aired, and the fact that he still allowed that shit to go on air? Damn. He sounds like a colossal prick on a stick.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

I mean, Jesus, I'm trying to like the guy now. Like I said, after California, I was like, FUCK! Blink has been purified, it's been freed of the toxic crap that has plagued blink for years, so there's no reason to dislike Tom. I was like that for a while. I was just happy all the time. And then this crap comes out and I get all mad all over again.

Just the way he talks about songs like Dumpweed and Ghosts make me infuriated. And it sucks because I love Dumpweed. Fuck, Tom, right? Yes, right. Right up to left and then straight down to the other right where right has been all along.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Lol I can see hating him talking about GOTD because you hate blink's progression, but being mad about what he said about Dumpweed? Wat? He said this is a great opener and talked about how it came together! What a dickhead!

Sig by KayTheMagnificent

"Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous." - Mark Hoppus

I went to a pop punk party to reminisce with my old friends
A chance to rock old melodies and play our songs again
When I got to the pop punk party, they all knew my name
But no one recognized me, I didn't look the same

But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well
You see, you can't please everyone, so you gotta please yourself

Punk kids came from miles around, everyone was there
Pete Wentz brought his makeup, there was magic in the air
And over in the corner, much to my surprise
The Hoppus crew and Travis too but we don't meet eyes

I played them all my old songs, I thought that's why they came
But no one heard the music, they'd rather dole out blame
I riffed Reckless Abandon, First Date, and then Dumpweed
But when I sang a song about Secret Crowds, it was time to leave

Someone opened up a closet door and out stepped Billie Joe
Playing old tunes on his friend old blue, closing out the show
If you gotta play at pop punk parties, I wish you a lotta luck
But if memories are all they want, then I don't give a fuck

twitter

I have invented a new drinking game that involves the Tom Delonge Ernie Ball documentary type thingy.

Here are the rules:

Every time Tom says the word "Art", you take a drink.
Every time Tom says "Punk Rock", you take a drink.
Every time Tom stares off into the distance in silence for no good reason, you take a drink.
Every time Tom says "Change My Life", you take a drink.
Every time Tom says something about skating (IE says the word "skateboard" or "skateboarding"), you take a drink.
Every time Tom says "rebellion" or mentions rebelling about something, you take a drink.
Every time Tom says the word "passion", you take a drink.

You're gonna get pretty shit faced doing this. I also feel like it somewhat proves a point....

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:I have invented a new drinking game that involves the Tom Delonge Ernie Ball documentary type thingy.

Here are the rules:

Every time Tom says the word "Art", you take a drink.
Every time Tom says "Punk Rock", you take a drink.
Every time Tom stares off into the distance in silence for no good reason, you take a drink.
Every time Tom says "Change My Life", you take a drink.
Every time Tom says something about skating (IE says the word "skateboard" or "skateboarding"), you take a drink.
Every time Tom says "rebellion" or mentions rebelling about something, you take a drink.
Every time Tom says the word "passion", you take a drink.

You're gonna get pretty shit faced doing this. I also feel like it somewhat proves a point....

Luckily he didn't use the word 'landscapes' a lot. That's usually a good one. I cringe every time he says that.