Re: Angels and Airwaves / Tom Delonge General Discussion Thread

Dookie wrote:Overload is one of Tom's best songs. I still think it would've been a killer blink song. With Mark harmonizing the verses and then blink coming up with a killer prechorus. That chorus is so dang catchy, It's a top 10 Tom song for me. Maybe top 5.

I can't get into the rest of the EP at all. It's literally Overload and the rest are all skipped for me.

Well someone pitched it and sped it up to sound 'blinkier' I think I actually prefer the 'idea' of it.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

KayTheMagnificent wrote:
Dookie wrote:Overload is one of Tom's best songs. I still think it would've been a killer blink song. With Mark harmonizing the verses and then blink coming up with a killer prechorus. That chorus is so dang catchy, It's a top 10 Tom song for me. Maybe top 5.

I can't get into the rest of the EP at all. It's literally Overload and the rest are all skipped for me.

Well someone pitched it and sped it up to sound 'blinkier' I think I actually prefer the 'idea' of it.

Sorry, just seeing this now. I like the idea too, but it's a little too fast for me. Tom sounds almost chipmunk like. If it was slowed down about 25%, it'd sound pretty decent.

I'll always wonder what Mercenaries, Overload, and New World could have sounded like as a full blink take.

To the stars just dropped the dream walker in demo form. pretty awesome cause the fans have been asking for it. brendan from theavamovement got the ball rolling on this one. todays to the stars one year anniversary. so before yall start saying tom is dropping stuff to stay relevant in the midst of blink stuff, this has been in the works for months :P

https://tothestars.media/products/angel ... os-digital

Weird to notice: On "The Disease" I was always curious if some of the higher harmonies/backing vocals were actually Tom, since he's never really had that range for many years now. The demos reveal that those are definitely Ilan while Tom sings the lower harmony.

"The Wolfpack" demo reveals that Tom's chorus is clearly pitched up. I think they lowered the chorus a half-step or whole step, had him sing the chorus, then pitch up his vocals again. The belch caught me off guard, too, and while it made me laugh I'm glad he left it off the final song, lol.

twitter

I said this to Ploppy in facebook chat but the wolfpack demo melody just instantly reminded me of this -

Not saying its an intentional rip off at all but fuck me its bloody similar. I can't really listen to it without thinking of that song, but its actually quite a lot better than the album version in some ways... kinda wish they stuck with it. Chorus sounds much better higher up but he clearly can't handle it vocally. I'll have to try the rest sometime.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

KayTheMagnificent wrote:I said this to Ploppy in facebook chat but the wolfpack demo melody just instantly reminded me of this -

Not saying its an intentional rip off at all but fuck me its bloody similar. I can't really listen to it without thinking of that song, but its actually quite a lot better than the album version in some ways... kinda wish they stuck with it. Chorus sounds much better higher up but he clearly can't handle it vocally. I'll have to try the rest sometime.

Holy crap, my girlfriend noticed the same thing! It's pretty blatant.

The one she found/sounded like was the version done by The Knife.

DOWN TO THE INSTRUMENTAL this is so so so similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPD8Ja64mRU

Chuck-182 wrote:The Wolfpack is one of my favorite songs on The Dream Walker but why oh why did Tom decide that the demo version was not the one to put on the album? The more I listen to it the more I like it it's insanely better if you ask me.

Alright. Color me intrigued. Anyone got a YouTube link or something to this??

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

plopbellie wrote:http://picosong.com/KDtv/

Merci beaucoup monsieur!

Yeah. Totally agree that this is amazing. Like. Holy shit amazing.

I like his "natural" voice he's got going on. Like. It doesn't sound like him trying to force it.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)