Re: Angels and Airwaves General Discussion Thread

To me, I think it's just Tom trying to be fancy or some shit, but it just sounds stupid.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

the last page of the third comic ends with "The Beginning..." and the books follows up with "...Of Nightmares". It says at the end of the third comic, Jonas begins suffering from insomnia so he doesnt really dream anymore. But as the book starts, he starts dreaming again, and the nightmares come back. So yeah, its silly by itself, but pairing it with the comic, Of Nightmares just means Jonas is starting to have nightmares again.

plopbellie wrote:the last page of the third comic ends with "The Beginning..." and the books follows up with "...Of Nightmares". It says at the end of the third comic, Jonas begins suffering from insomnia so he doesnt really dream anymore. But as the book starts, he starts dreaming again, and the nightmares come back. So yeah, its silly by itself, but pairing it with the comic, Of Nightmares just means Jonas is starting to have nightmares again.

Do you buy everything Tom releases? Not judging you or anything, I'm just surprised anyone would be that devoted. I have a really hard time caring about any of this book/comic stuff.

this stuff just seems pretty cool. but im not buying those stupid bundles that cost a billion dollars. i buy as cheap as i can go without losing out on the actual stuff. for instance the comics i got the one that allowed you physical copies of all 3, but nothing else. there were ones with posters and shit that dont really matter. this dream stuff is cool because lately ive been having these same types of dream that they describe in the books, lucid dreaming. but that term sounds so stupid imo.

c_ortiz93 wrote:Besides "dream" and "vision", none of those things are even words.

Thats because he's joking.

scoobs wrote:
plopbellie wrote:the last page of the third comic ends with "The Beginning..." and the books follows up with "...Of Nightmares". It says at the end of the third comic, Jonas begins suffering from insomnia so he doesnt really dream anymore. But as the book starts, he starts dreaming again, and the nightmares come back. So yeah, its silly by itself, but pairing it with the comic, Of Nightmares just means Jonas is starting to have nightmares again.

Do you buy everything Tom releases? Not judging you or anything, I'm just surprised anyone would be that devoted. I have a really hard time caring about any of this book/comic stuff.

There are quite a few people into the books / comics. I'm not at all but a few people are. It would be an interesting concept to me if it hadn't already been done in various other ways by more talented people.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Elevator wrote:I dunno if it's just me but I feel like they did a sloppy job of hiding the pitch correction/auto-tune. I don't personally mind when musicians employ it at all, but I wish they'd watch it a bit closer. I hear it badly on the "rope" and "unknown."

I prefer the way they currently mix his vocals compared to the old AVA though where the reverb tails were as long and disgusting as the soaring space comets Tom would be singing about.

That's contemporary pop music though. Get people who can't sing, pitch correct the shit out of it, and then drown out the obvious pitch processing in a bath of reverb and doubling to make it less obvious.

As for the song itself, if that's what hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of musical gear buys--oh wait you can't buy the ability to write non-shit lyrics.

Elevator wrote:
plopbellie wrote:iTunes Previews

Home - http://picosong.com/JfAR/
View From Below - http://picosong.com/JfA9/
Parasomnia - http://picosong.com/JfAN/

I actually liked them. View From Below wasn't terribly wonderful or anything but I enjoyed what I heard, more or less.

But naturally everybody's going to hate them because of that Tom interview a few days ago, and that's fine.

You seem to have moodswings lately. one day you love Tom one day you hate him, another day you love him and hate everyone else for not loving him. sort it out, dear.

I'll give these a listen now. I loved Dream Walker so I'm hoping theres some gems, even though that other track was dull.

My Music

Home - I actually really like the sound of this. Not so sure on the lyrics.
View From Below - Very similar melody / vocals to a lot of Toms recent stuff but musically its pretty cool.
Parasomnia - Probably my favourite, eerie as fuck.

It sucks that AVA is finally producing music I actually like and it's no longer Tom's focus :lol:

My Music