Re: Sekret Machines: Tom's new book

I'm really curious how that all worked out with AvA. A lot of talented people got brought in. To me its a crime to limit them creatively from contributing and even writing whole songs. Like Atom Willard. I'm surprised he stayed arround as long as he did.

Tom even said it himself. "Let's be fair and say, I got whatever I wanted ha!" Like a spoiled rotten little child. I'm getting this Axel Rose type vibe....

One day this will either bite him in the butt. Or he will end up like River Cuomos in Weezer. Have a band that's all in it to get paid. No one else writes and no one else cares. But the music will be uninspired dribble.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

"Tom DeLonge is offering an advanced insider manuscript of his next book, Sekret Machines, for $99. A real missed opportunity that this wasn't priced at $182." -- taken from AbsolutePunk.com.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

frisky wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:they sold out. there was a 100 copies for $100. he made 10,000 off a book that isn't out yet that has zero information about it. bullshit.

famous_burro must be loaded ;)

:lol:

#FreeAdog

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

That kind of instant revenue draw is something unique to Tom that I think made Mark and Travis hesitant to end their business relationship with him. It's sort of amazing that Tom can basically admit he's a douche but people still pay for his shit blindly.

Eh. He's an ass, but I don't mind defending him when I feel like it's unfair. That being said, I've never paid for any TTS shit or any of his trivial nonsense that's not an official album.

twitter

Tom has a cult-like following that will slurp up anything with his fingerprints on it. It must be nice. His problem will always be that his audience is a static number of people, and selling to a larger audience, ie. "breaking through to the mainstream" is going to be really difficult.