Re: Tom Delonge To The Stars Demos, Odds And Ends

therumorguy wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Elevator wrote:
And she said... wrote:
Elevator wrote:
And she said... wrote::lol:

Okay.

Don't drag The Adventure Cool High As Fuck Tom into this. He's dead too.

Okay. I'm gonna get this right.

I guess it's okay to drag Dad Mode Tom into this, since he's not dead.

Yet.

i miss adventure tom, i mean look at his hair!

I remember watching the making of The Adventure. There was a girl putting gel in it all weird and shit.

Found it:
https://youtu.be/GPA4rcrZdWo?t=1m35s

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show

I wouldn't consider these demo's anymore. I know it's called Demos odds and ends, but they are really B-sides. They all have been professionally produced and the vocals have been autotuned.

I liked the album(or whatever the fuck it's called)

On a side note, the one thing that kind of depresses me is how out of touch Tom is with his fan's. I mean there are no interviews for this, no studio footage, no real speaking of it. That kind of sucks. I think the thing I miss the most out of blink is their behind the scenes stuff they would always have. Ever since the break up they all seem more or less like a CIA Top Secret case.

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show

MilfredCubicle wrote:I wouldn't consider these demo's anymore. I know it's called Demos odds and ends, but they are really B-sides. They all have been professionally produced and the vocals have been autotuned.

This. He had a highly successful drummer play live drums, and had a professional engineer mix and master this "album". The vocals being "autotuned" or "melodyned" is the least of the concerns here. That's a $250 plugin that a 10-year-old could use. But you can tell that his signal chain was sent through carefully-planned shit on each instrument on every track. If the album sucks, it's because he was out of ideas and/or rushed things. Which he was, and he did.

I think its pretty clear that his focus is no longer on music, but on multimedia. Which is fine. Still doesn't absolve him from his unwillingness to take these into the studio and work with blink. Well maybe it does, but at least have the balls to admit that you just don't have the motivation to commit the time and effort it takes into be a worldwide rock act.

But I suppose that's water under the bridge at this point.

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

And she said... wrote:He keeps retweeting shitty comments from people blowing him over his demos. I guess that's celebrating?

These people sending those tweets make even me shake my head. God damn mouth breathers.

I want to read those. Time to head on over and check ...

And I didn't find the "demo" THAT bad. People are calling the guitars on Endless Summer and Golden Showers as if a ten-year-old wrote it. Well, that's Tom's style. It sounds like TOYPAJ-era blink, like people have said. I think people are just freakin' out a little over it all.

That said, Animals and the Suburban King songs were utter shite.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

My major take away from this is that it's amazing Tom left or got kicked out or whatever, because the next blink album would have sucked majorly if these were on it. I doubt Mark or Travis's input would have made them too different and it would have been a much bigger disappointment than neighborhoods.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:
And she said... wrote:He keeps retweeting shitty comments from people blowing him over his demos. I guess that's celebrating?

These people sending those tweets make even me shake my head. God damn mouth breathers.

I want to read those. Time to head on over and check ...

And I didn't find the "demo" THAT bad. People are calling the guitars on Endless Summer and Golden Showers as if a ten-year-old wrote it. Well, that's Tom's style. It sounds like TOYPAJ-era blink, like people have said. I think people are just freakin' out a little over it all.

That said, Animals and the Suburban King songs were utter shite.

I like all of the songs with the exception of Landscapes. That being said, some of those fuckers are saying this is the best thing he's ever released. :lol:
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

brendan wrote:I think you guys are missing the point of what is meant by demos. It's not the production quality of the songs, it's the fact that they're not fine tuned, incomplete instrumentation in certain parts etc. Some things are bare bones. New World is a great example of that.

exactly what i was saying. yes, the instruments were re-recorded properly and mastered and such, but its still just a pretty sounding demo. some parts clearly still needed further development.

brendan wrote:I think you guys are missing the point of what is meant by demos. It's not the production quality of the songs, it's the fact that they're not fine tuned, incomplete instrumentation in certain parts etc. Some things are bare bones. New World is a great example of that.

How exactly is New World incomplete? Sounds fine to me. It's just repetitive. There's no real bridge, but there wasn't a real bridge in Not Now either, which is another "demo" song but nobody actually considers it a demo.