Re: Tom Delonge To The Stars Demos, Odds And Ends

Fentoozler wrote:This song is SO much like Mercenaries. :/

Wow you know what? I thought the same thing and I can't figure out why. It's something in the chorus and prechorus.

Either way, on second listen I like it more. Just think how much more full it would sound with mark harmonizing high in the chorus and singing the prechorus as well as Travis working his magic fills.

That quality.

Spoiler: show
:exhausted:
Last edited by Kyle on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

It's better than I expected it to be. That's about all I can say for now. I need more time with it. Still don't like Tom anymore and certainly won't be buying this album. But I'll listen to it on the interwebz.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

I think the 'video' is suppose to be a metaphor for Tom forced to walk way from blink. Its stupid, shallow and in a way a pathetic attempt to get sympathy. But hey thats Tom!

As for the song I think it sounds like a reject from DreamWalker. Well by no means is it terrible. The lyrics sound even more odd then normal for Tom. No part really is at all catchy to me. Although the guitar riff isn't horrible its not good either. Overall a semi ok very forgettable song.

Can't say this song will make Mark & Travis regret their decision.

Kinda surprised Tom put this song on Vevo. I guess he figured people who pre-order will any way. But at the same time it says "HAHA you pre-ordered for nothing!!!"

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

MH8.2.2011 wrote:I think the 'video' is suppose to be a metaphor for Tom forced to walk way from blink. Its stupid, shallow and in a way a pathetic attempt to get sympathy. But hey thats Tom!

As for the song I think it sounds like a reject from DreamWalker. Well by no means is it terrible. The lyrics sound even more odd then normal for Tom. No part really is at all catchy to me. Although the guitar riff isn't horrible its not good either. Overall a semi ok very forgettable song.

Can't say this song will make Mark & Travis regret their decision.

Kinda surprised Tom put this song on Vevo. I guess he figured people who pre-order will any way. But at the same time it says "HAHA you pre-ordered for nothing!!!"

Well to be fair, you kind of kid pre-order for nothing. Why pre-order if it's going to be on youtube the instant it comes out?

To all the people asking for download links, why don't yous just FUCKING BUY IT? Seriously.

Anyway,
I like the song.. The only reason that anybody on here.. a BLINK forum, would be saying it's 'shit', is because they don't like Tom anymore, because of all the stuff that's gone down this year. If this is 'shit'.. then so is their entire catalogue post-2003ish... in which case, why are you even still following them, 12 years later? hahaha.
Gotta learn to separate your personal opinion of someone from the "art" (lol) they release.
Sig by Djenni