Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

coop720 wrote:
Tyler44 wrote:
Christian wrote:Looks like we're getting a new video soon!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJDisggAKDK/

She's Out Of Her Mind video as it SHOULD be the next single????

I have a feeling it'll be Los Angeles.

I'm starting to think LA might be the 3rd single (after SOOHM). It's such a different track on the record but its track 4, which I feel like you want your weirder and different tracks towards the latter. And plus they're playing it live every show and they clearly love it.

plopbellie wrote:pretty sure they confirmed home is such a lonely place as the third single already.

Yup.

Also, is it just me, or is that song really weird production wise? like it should be a really pleasant listen on an acoustic guitar but its just kinda... IDK, sticky sounding? I'm never fully comfortable listening to it.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Kay wrote:
plopbellie wrote:pretty sure they confirmed home is such a lonely place as the third single already.

Yup.

Also, is it just me, or is that song really weird production wise? like it should be a really pleasant listen on an acoustic guitar but its just kinda... IDK, sticky sounding? I'm never fully comfortable listening to it.

Sticky sounding? I hope the band cover themselves in maple syrup for the music video now.
Maybe it's because they wrote a really screechy chorus for it that doesn't really fit the mood?

Speaking of the logo/Nirvana, I worked at a kids camp this summer and was wearing a blink shirt one day we went to a water park. Some kid asked me, "That's the Nirvana logo, right?" I couldn't decide whether to be proud that he knew Nirvana's logo or bummed he didn't know who blink was. It said blink-182 on the shirt and I heard another kid reading it and they didn't know who they were either.

Also, that kid was born the same year the untitled record came out. Yeesh, I feel old.

Sig by KayTheMagnificent

"Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous." - Mark Hoppus

I think any other song on the album would be a better single tbh. It's the only song (excluding joke songs) I skip on the album when I give a full listen. But besides that I can't see it working as a single?

Also I agree with Kay. I've always felt something was ~off~ with the song.

plopbellie wrote:in hisalp their is a little melody in spots that just sounds thrown on top. and it doesnt even match the song imo.

its a weird synth that sounds a little bit like someone is struggling to breathe, but thats not what I'm on about.

its the guitar strings themselves, they're oddly harsh in the way it's produced, makes it a lot less pleasant than it should be.

if I could choose singles from this record I'd make No Future the most obvious choice, that or TOTTM... maybe kings of the weekend?

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Saw blink twice last weekend. It was really awesome, well blink was anyway. Did not enjoy DJ Spyder, ATL or ADTR. Both nights Mark, Matt & Travis were on point. The second night Mark botched Bored To Death a bit. But it was only the intro. He just strained his voice too much. But all and all they preformed great. I appreciated the subtle differences in the setlist both nights. The fans were into the whole show. Chanting and signing during each song. Even the new ones, which took my by surprise. Both shows were sold out. Didn't see an empty seat in the place. I thought id miss the stage banter more than i did. Nothing felt awkward or forced. Matt was just enjoying himself the whole time you could tell.

I had a blast at the shows, with the whole vacation I took in general. If thats the last set of blink shows I get to see, i'd be ok with it. But they were so good I hope I get to see it again, hopefully a bit closer up in the pit.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Finally got a chance to watch the Ernie Balls doc on Tom. Some really insightful stuff from him, to be honest, and I'm quite impressed by his commentary. But, the veneer is so heavy; it feels like he hired a ghostwriter to write his lines, or something.

Not really anything new about blink.

WE'RE NOT SAD ANYMORE

My music blog and stuff

Most recent post: 10 of the Best Songs About Getting Fucked Up

http://werenotsadanymore.wordpress.com