Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31006
I really love bored to death, even still now. I'm super excited for more music. Maybe its my expectation. I was expecting a pop-punk album. A "blink-182" pop-punk album. I feel like so far they delivered just that. If you had any higher expectations than that I think you're bound for disappointment no matter what. This band even with Tom has never been about crazy complicated riffs, crazy song structures or even super deep lyrics. blink-182 has never been that, Mark & Travis have never pretended that they were. I need a new "old" blink album and I think California as a whole will deliver just that. I'm hoping Rabbit Hole is a fast dark song. Than again I wouldnt be upset if its a summery up beat song.

After-all its what they have been touting about the album since they started doing interviews again...

12:30 cant come soon enough. Im using my lunch time to listen to it...
Image

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31010
There is no way I'm going to listen to it. Heeeeeeellz no.

I would like to stay on these forums, so do you think it would be possible not talking about the single in the general discussion thread and keep it to another thread?

I don't want to form an opinion before even listening to the song, if possible.

That would be nifty ....

THANX! OK, BAI BAI MEOW!
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31012
xDumpweed182x wrote:I would be fine with only talking about it in its specific thread, but let's be honest, there's no way that there won't be people (who aren't online right now and don't know that we talked about this,) that talk about it in here.

Yah ... I know ... which sucks. I'm probably going to have to avoid this forum like the plague now.

Oh well.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31015
xDumpweed182x wrote:I guess we'll see you when then album leaks? Or officially released?

It will be when it's officially released. However, it probably won't be until the day AFTER the album officially drops.

Since my Best Buy doesn't open until 10 am, I am going to have to drive to work with no album. Then at lunch break, go out and buy it. Look at the artwork and read the lyrics all day and then, on the drive home, listening to the album FINALLY!!!!!!!!

I'll hit the forums at some point after that, most likely the next day.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31016
Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:
xDumpweed182x wrote:I guess we'll see you when then album leaks? Or officially released?

It will be when it's officially released. However, it probably won't be until the day AFTER the album officially drops.

Since my Best Buy doesn't open until 10 am, I am going to have to drive to work with no album. Then at lunch break, go out and buy it. Look at the artwork and read the lyrics all day and then, on the drive home, listening to the album FINALLY!!!!!!!!

I'll hit the forums at some point after that, most likely the next day.

Your whole approach to listening to this album exhausts me. :lol:
Image

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31017
I totally get where brocc is coming from. It was a neat feeling, yet I feel like more its the feeling of nostalgia then the actual act itself. I ordered the album on the blink website. So I'll get a download on the moment of release and hopefully a physical album a day or so after. Due to that fact, I wont wait a moment longer then I have to DL it. I'll listen to Rabbit Hole. Its an "official" release. But I won't do the album leak. I'll at least try not too. I love blink but there is no need for me to buy the same fucking album twice for myself... I'll enjoy the cover art on my later listens, make the later listens more meaningful...
Image

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31018
Kyle wrote:
Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:
xDumpweed182x wrote:I guess we'll see you when then album leaks? Or officially released?

It will be when it's officially released. However, it probably won't be until the day AFTER the album officially drops.

Since my Best Buy doesn't open until 10 am, I am going to have to drive to work with no album. Then at lunch break, go out and buy it. Look at the artwork and read the lyrics all day and then, on the drive home, listening to the album FINALLY!!!!!!!!

I'll hit the forums at some point after that, most likely the next day.

Your whole approach to listening to this album exhausts me. :lol:

I was exhausted just typing it hahaha

But it really is about that first experience. That has been the basis behind why I used to buy albums all the time.

In college, every Friday, I used to walk the 2+ miles to buy an album so that I could listen to it on the way back.

There's just something about the build up that I don't want to lose. There's something lost with listening to it digitally.

Plus, I had a really positive experience when the new Slipknot came out. I did EXACTLY what I want to do with blink's California album ... and it was a truly amazing experience. Just looking over the booklet, taking in the artwork and reading the lyrics, psyched me out to no end throughout the day ... more so than I could've possibly imagined it would. I want to relive that.

I also love listening to albums in the car (or walking) for the first time. I like the feel and the knowledge that I can listen to it all in one drive while driving (which already amplifies the experience for me). There's an exhilaration in doing that, which is hard to explain.

Plus, I think I feel bad that I no longer buy EVERY album of EVERY band that I enjoy listening to. Where I am in life currently, it just doesn't work that way. There are certain things you have to let go of, but when it comes to blink, I can't let that go. And I won't. So I am going to embellish every moment that I can.

That's the plan anyway ....
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#31019
Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:
xDumpweed182x wrote:I guess we'll see you when then album leaks? Or officially released?

It will be when it's officially released. However, it probably won't be until the day AFTER the album officially drops.

Since my Best Buy doesn't open until 10 am, I am going to have to drive to work with no album. Then at lunch break, go out and buy it. Look at the artwork and read the lyrics all day and then, on the drive home, listening to the album FINALLY!!!!!!!!

I'll hit the forums at some point after that, most likely the next day.

Your whole approach to listening to this album exhausts me. :lol:

I was exhausted just typing it hahaha

But it really is about that first experience. That has been the basis behind why I used to buy albums all the time.

In college, every Friday, I used to walk the 2+ miles to buy an album so that I could listen to it on the way back.

There's just something about the build up that I don't want to lose. There's something lost with listening to it digitally.

Plus, I had a really positive experience when the new Slipknot came out. I did EXACTLY what I want to do with blink's California album ... and it was a truly amazing experience. Just looking over the booklet, taking in the artwork and reading the lyrics, psyched me out to no end throughout the day ... more so than I could've possibly imagined it would. I want to relive that.

I also love listening to albums in the car (or walking) for the first time. I like the feel and the knowledge that I can listen to it all in one drive while driving (which already amplifies the experience for me). There's an exhilaration in doing that, which is hard to explain.

Plus, I think I feel bad that I no longer buy EVERY album of EVERY band that I enjoy listening to. Where I am in life currently, it just doesn't work that way. There are certain things you have to let go of, but when it comes to blink, I can't let that go. And I won't. So I am going to embellish every moment that I can.

That's the plan anyway ....

It's definitely admirable but that sounds like some masochist behavior. Do you need to talk to someone? I'm just extremely impatient so I'm going to download it the instant it leaks. It's been to long to drag out the anticipation any further.
Image

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron