Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Whoever wrote that Kerrang piece had obviously been told by his editor to go and get some juicy exclusive gossipy update about the Tom sitch since they were paying for the reporter to fly to the US for it. But the whole saga has pretty much already played itself out.

So the reporter gets back to the UK without the scoop. Gets bollocked by his editor who organises a second phone interview with Travis to try again but still no dice.

So the reporter spends the whole article bitching and exaggerating about blink not speaking about Tom, just to show his editor he couldn't help what happened.

(Just my guess in what happened but bet that's what went down)

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

Tbh it's Kerrang!, they're kind of known for their lack of respect and honesty and being completely without scruples. They've got a history of massive sexism and misprinting various 'facts' and other crap so this really isn't a surprise. whats more shocking is that blink continue to let them interview them despite them being freakin' terrible representations for them in the past.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

KayTheMagnificent wrote:Tbh it's Kerrang!, they're kind of known for their lack of respect and honesty and being completely without scruples. They've got a history of massive sexism and misprinting various 'facts' and other crap so this really isn't a surprise. whats more shocking is that blink continue to let them interview them despite them being freakin' terrible representations for them in the past.

There's not many magazines that will front-page blink with such consistency anymore. Kerrang is virtually a blink tabloid.

twitter

xDumpweed182x wrote:
Waggy wrote:1 month til new blink album

Less if there's a leak.

You can count on it.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Elevator wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:Tbh it's Kerrang!, they're kind of known for their lack of respect and honesty and being completely without scruples. They've got a history of massive sexism and misprinting various 'facts' and other crap so this really isn't a surprise. whats more shocking is that blink continue to let them interview them despite them being freakin' terrible representations for them in the past.

There's not many magazines that will front-page blink with such consistency anymore. Kerrang is virtually a blink tabloid.

Hopefully if California is a hit (which is what's being anticipated), they'll get more attention from more respectable magazines?

AtticusFinch wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:They added another show in London at the Rose!

Argh, I'm of to Dublin tomorrow morning and they only sell tickets over the counter at their record store :(

I'll be stuck on an airplane to London and won't arrive until 7am on the 4th... Hopefully tickets don't sell out and they will have some left!

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

is that an acoustic show? or "Normal" show?

I love a band that will tour, especially do as much as they can to see everyone. But at this point we are talking a what 55 plus tour run? I've never toured but I have pretty much the same picture painted of every band I've heard talk about it: Long, at times daunting. Can easily see the band getting burnt out. I hope its not so much they can't look at each other for 3 years. I'd like to think we'll get more blink material sooner then later after Cali has had its run.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:WHY DONT I LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR LONDON
FFS
AND WHY AM I WORKING THEN
FFFFFFFSSSSSSSS

Kay it sounds like you are coming down with something. A disease that you can only find help for in London...

It's like 4 or 5 hours away by public transport (I don't drive) and I'm in work both tomorrow morning when tickets are on sale and the day they're performing. it's a flat straight no on my end.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!