Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

I still don't exactly "get" the artwork, maybe it's a lyric reference, in which case that would make a big difference to my interpretation of it obviously.

But as far as the white bits above and below, I really like that. So much colour in the middle with super clean top and bottom kind makes it stand out more imo. Having that much colour across the whole album square would have made it look kinda like if Goosebumps released an album, at least the white makes it look a bit more arty.

And having BLINK-182 CALIFORNIA underneath is fine. Clear, unobtrusive and simple.

7/10

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

On Spotify the copyright info says "Viking Wizard Eyes LLC under exclusive license to BMG Rights Management LLC."

So does that sound like its an independent release with BMG as distributor?

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

I'm not gonna lie, I totally thought Mark was singing the entire song until I listened again. Totally missed Matt at the second verse. :lol:

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Normally Elevator I find your points meaningful. But here your just knit picking. Album artwork, name? I can't think of a handful of "creative" album titles.

I think your anger about Tom not in the band is clouding your judgement. Is the song the best ever. No. But it's a farcry from Mediocre. An opinion is an opinion. And yours can clearly differ from mine. But I seriously feel like your forcing hate on this single. Due to its circumstances

But that just might be my opinion ;)

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

yodda wrote:Yeah I only barely picked up on it when I listened.
Still kinda wish Matt hadn't become the new member. I wish it had been someone with a more unique voice and not the frontman of a band anymore COUGH-JustinPierre-COUGH COUGH-ImeanfoffucksakeMarkhasworkedwiththeguytwicealready-COUGH

Jim fuckin' Adkins
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

Hey guys, I don't post here much, but given the occasion I though I could share a little story
Back in '03, halfway through my 10th year of life, I was starting to burn out of the "bubblegummy pop / whatever was on the radio" that I listened to until then. I was also starting to switch to other channels such as MTV - I remember I first went there to watch that weird CGI spiderman cartoon, anybody remembers that!? - but I stayed for the music videos countdown.
It was in that spring (autumn, near winter in the uk-usa) that a video premiered. I switched the channel at first and did not listen to the song, i thought "pfft a guy getting his hair shaved, what's so big about that?". But I did eventually watch that video in full. The song blew my fucking brains out. The imagery caught my eye. Two teenagers making love through a glass, kids tearin up their school. And the band playing outside. The way the guy with the high voice yelled in angst while the other guy sang the chorus and then the other guy sang and they both harmonized while the other guy blasted those drums HOLY FUCKING SHIT. It was a rock song, It was a rock band, it was bombastic, but it was melodic and harmonic.
When feeling this came out, along with the rest of the singles and the self titled album, it changed my whole view, it began shaping a taste in music of my own. Eventually other music came about that did that same thing in more or less significant amounts, but I can remember that time when I watched that video.
I don't feel that with Bored To Death.
But guys, I didn't feel that with loads of other stuff! It's pretty freaking difficult to put it up against SUCH a thing! Feeling This is one of the best material written and performed by blink. I think I say that objectively. But then, I don't. There's a lot of emotional subjectiveness that attaches me to it, whether i see it or not.
I loved the blink reunion, remember sending an SMS to a schoolmate when I read the himynameismark blog post where Mark said he was talking to Tom and Travis again, watching the grammy announcement, seeing the first footage of them playing! But I can't place that anywhere near that late '03 days.
I do have a lot of love for blink, and I do follow whatever steps the band takes, albeit not at all with the passion and fan rage(?) I had.
I like this song! This is better than Up All Night (dammit I remember the NOTHINGNESS Up All Night hit me with, I WAS ALREADY HERE WHEN IT PREMIERED, I WAS HERE THROUGH THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOODS THING, GUYS WE WERE IN DENIAL, OK? hahahaha) , promises more than i felt Neighborhoods did (hope I'm right!), and I think blink from 2016 works better with Skiba than I think it would if Tom was around...
And the album cover's alright, I think it will look good on a vinyl cardboard sleeve.
What I mean is, I get those who think are crazy for not LOVING this song... to death (stupid pun is stupid), but hey, you don't have to feel like that.
"I'm a little bit shy, a bit strange and a little bit manic..."

Kyle wrote:I'm not gonna lie, I totally thought Mark was singing the entire song until I listened again. Totally missed Matt at the second verse. :lol:

Ya I didn't even realize Skiba was in the song until listen #2. Now that I know though I can totally tell, but to the average listener it probably just sounds like a Mark song. Its weird too because I really don't think Mark and Skiba's voices are that similar, but in this song its very hard to discern a difference.

Just out of interest. The venues that they are playing this tour, are they the same size as the ones they played before Tom left/got kicked out/is still in the band/whatever? I wouldn't know since i'm european and all that. Would just be interesting to know if they still have the same expectations of people showing up as when Tom was still in the band. I think people will. Blink now is a far more interesting live band than they have been the last couple years. And a lot of casual fans wouldn't know Tom even left and show up at the show going: "Hey, where's the chipmunk?"

Let's hear it for not wiping!

It is. I plan on seeing them at the same venue I've always seen them at. Expectations are probably the same. Sadly a good majority of people won't have any idea that Matts not Tom. So I doubt the crowds will differ that much. There are lot of Tombies but I doubt there at THAT many in a single area that would cause a momentous drop in ticket sales.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs