Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

MH8.2.2011 wrote:I have a funny feeling KROQ has been gunning for the exclusive premier rights. And KROQ always has a funny way of announcing their premiers. ONLY the night before. Just like was the case with UP ALL NIGHT. It was like out of no where. "Oh by the way, blink-182's new single premiers tomorrow morning". Have a funny feeling we will be having Deja Vu here.

Who knows maybe it isn't a KROQ thing maybe its a blink camp thing or maybe a record label thing. Either way expect an "out of the blue" announcement on specifics. If the date is legit I'd say were not going to get news till the 27th.

::sighs::

It might be tough to imagine for hardcore blink fans, but for the ordinary radio listener a new blink-182 song isn't that big a deal anymore.

Apart from the fact that, if American radio works anything like the Dutch radio stations I worked for, KROQ probably doesn't know when they're getting the new song either or whether they are even getting that premiere. It's not like they have an exclusive contract with blink, or the label. The label will just send out the new song at a certain moment (if that rumour is correct that's probably going to be April 28th) to maybe KROQ or maybe some other station. They will pick it up and broadcast it as quick and well-timed as possible. As a radio station you basically wanna broadcast a new song as soon as you recieve it from the label/band/artist, certainly if it's a popular one. Else you're in danger of losing your premiere to another station/online medium. That's why it is always on such short notice. Radio isn't as planned as you might think it is.
"I always considered my job in Blink to try to architect new arrangements and sounds to push the band forward. I took on that role, and it was by no means only me -- everyone contributed to the great music that we did -- but I made that my passion, I made that my focus." -Tom DeLonge (Billboard, May 2017)

I ♥ ♫

Interrressttting on the "with Matt Skiba." Honestly that's how I thought it would play out all along. I actually doubt Ticketmaster unilaterally changed the logo, adding a whole new aspect with a whole new font without the bands permission. The festivals blink are playing, on the other hand, may have just pulled a logo for their lineup poster. That, or the legal stuff is jsut now working itself out. Either way, very interesting.

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

blinkfan4evr54 wrote:Interrressttting on the "with Matt Skiba." Honestly that's how I thought it would play out all along. I actually doubt Ticketmaster unilaterally changed the logo, adding a whole new aspect with a whole new font without the bands permission. The festivals blink are playing, on the other hand, may have just pulled a logo for their lineup poster. That, or the legal stuff is jsut now working itself out. Either way, very interesting.

I always thought it was gonna be blink-182 /w Matt skiba and I was kind of surprised people here thought it was gonna be different. Matt Skiba is never going to be a full time blink member. He has so much other stuff going on, his solo stuff, the sekrets, and Alkaline Trio is his main band.

Dookie wrote:
Timbo182 wrote:
MH8.2.2011 wrote:
And she said... wrote:
PantaRhei wrote:
MH8.2.2011 wrote:So has the complete opposite. People spend hours on Facebook and the like spewing crap like "lol blink-181" or "you mean +44".

So to hear someone whose more "famous" say the opposite is only fair. Things are going to get more nuts before they calm down...

Tell me how it's anything but completely pathetic.

He never said it wasn't pathetic, just that it was equally as pathetic as the people who take hours to type out "lol blink-181".

You always get me <33333

We minus well get thick skin about it now. Its not going away not for quite some time. Especially as the bandwagoners continue to hop on as the album nears release...

Has any one see blink confirm that show in Richmond yet?

Haven't seen blink confirm it but I saw it on Elliot in the Morning Facebook the other day.
When I first saw it I though it was bogus..I hope its not

Why would it be bogus?

I'm going to that show. Tickets go on sale on Friday.

I thought it was a too good to be true type thing that they would play that close to me I know silly right, but yeah I am planning on going.

I also hope they do another show at VA beach

KayTheMagnificent wrote:All the festivals are listing it as blink-182, not blink-182 w/matt skiba. All the album talks have been blink-182, not blink w/matt skiba.

He's in the fucking band, just because Ticket Master has an image that says otherwise doesn't make it so.

I think that's the important part. Interested to see how this all pans out, but I am rolling with 150% in the band.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

The Tom Delonge interview probs won't be all too different to what he has already said. He's too busy but he never "quit".

And that is quite probably terrible news on the album art. Hope we're wrong, but I really can't be doing with more black and white terrible bullshit.

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

PantaRhei wrote:
blinkfan4evr54 wrote:Interrressttting on the "with Matt Skiba." Honestly that's how I thought it would play out all along. I actually doubt Ticketmaster unilaterally changed the logo, adding a whole new aspect with a whole new font without the bands permission. The festivals blink are playing, on the other hand, may have just pulled a logo for their lineup poster. That, or the legal stuff is jsut now working itself out. Either way, very interesting.

I always thought it was gonna be blink-182 /w Matt skiba and I was kind of surprised people here thought it was gonna be different. Matt Skiba is never going to be a full time blink member. He has so much other stuff going on, his solo stuff, the sekrets, and Alkaline Trio is his main band.

By that logic then even before blink gate Tom wasn't a full time blink anymore ;p

Im sorry any talk of Matt not being a "full time" member is just dellusional talk for butt hurt Tom Fanboys to help them sleep at night

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

So I decided to actually call KROQ. I was transferred to their programming department.

I asked when KROQ would premiering the new Blink-182 single "Bored to Death". He asked me "Do you know when their album is going to be released?" I said July 1st with the single coming out April 28th. He told me that they hadn't set anything yet, but they would be planning something close to that date...

Sounds like KROQ isn't premiering the single or Blink still hasn't confirmed a set release time?

MH8.2.2011 wrote:
PantaRhei wrote:

By that logic then even before blink gate Tom wasn't a full time blink anymore ;p

Im sorry any talk of Matt not being a "full time" member is just dellusional talk for butt hurt Tom Fanboys to help them sleep at night

Did I say Tom was a full time member during blink's last days? And even if he wasn't, tell me how that has anything to do with Matt's status? Matt knows he's joining one of the biggest bands in poppunk history. He's not trying to redifine that legacy, he knows he could never do that. He just wants to make a great album with those guys and it has all the potential to be something brilliant. After that, Matt will return to Alkanline Trio, to The Sekrets and to his solo work and blink will be gone again, which is fine. Blink will never, ever, be a fulltime band again with Matt Skiba and if you really believe that you are simply delusional.

I won't lose a single night of sleep over this because I know exactly what to expect. We will will get an absolutely amazing album and it won't sound nothing like blink because it isn't blink; it's Mark and Travis with Matt Skiba. I will enjoy it for what it is: a great pop punk album. After the album drops and blink tours a little, they will be gone again, that's what it is. The funny thing is that the only ones who will be butt hurt are the virulent Tom haters who will desperately try to compare this album and the new blink era to the band blink used to be. They will fail. Blink will never be the band they were in terms of sound and significance.

Again Dribble for the Pro Tom group to latch on too. Why can't Matt do both? Travis does tons of consistant projects. As has Matt. (He only has 8 AK3 albums but a total of 12 records). The answer is he can and if they want to it will. No one at this moment in the blink camp misses Tom. No one misses the fact an Album never would have gotten made. I hope there four or five albums. Then I'd like to hear what the Tombies say.

As it stands I'm expecting what we know . Toms writing his own stuff. Blink now separate from Tom is writing their own stuff.

If it sounds like "your" blink-182 or not. It is blink ... Why ? Because the guys who own the IP say they are.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs