Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#29461
MH8.2.2011 wrote:
And she said... wrote:
PantaRhei wrote:
MH8.2.2011 wrote:So has the complete opposite. People spend hours on Facebook and the like spewing crap like "lol blink-181" or "you mean +44".

So to hear someone whose more "famous" say the opposite is only fair. Things are going to get more nuts before they calm down...

Tell me how it's anything but completely pathetic.



He never said it wasn't pathetic, just that it was equally as pathetic as the people who take hours to type out "lol blink-181".


You always get me <33333

We minus well get thick skin about it now. Its not going away not for quite some time. Especially as the bandwagoners continue to hop on as the album nears release...

Has any one see blink confirm that show in Richmond yet?


Haven't seen blink confirm it but I saw it on Elliot in the Morning Facebook the other day.
When I first saw it I though it was bogus..I hope its not

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#29462
Does anyone else lose track of what page of this thread we are on (1473, 1474??) then when you see we're on a new page think there's been like 2 new pages of posts, meaning there was some big announcement or leak that everyone is commenting on, only to see that one comment pushed us to the next page?

Does that even make sense?

I need blink...
Image

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#29469
KayTheMagnificent wrote:well, other forums are beside themselves. I'm quite happy with how this is gone so far?


As somebody who runs a forum with 1000 registered members but an active posting body of maybe 30, I know this anxiety. My board is a sports one about one team, so when that team is out of season and not generating headlines, things reduce to a trickle and that's okay.

One day several hundred new members descended upon my forum and overran it to the point of it crashing. We were really excited to have them in the fold until we realized that most of the outsiders were brazenly stupid, ignorant people who reduced the overall arc of intelligence drastically enough to make our base, our dedicated membership, consider leaving.

Ultimately I and the other admins decided that it'd be in the better interests of the board's long term health to kick off a number of troublemakers, which ultimately sent out a great deal of the morons while leaving a handful of really well-spoken, fun-loving members who are valuable as hell to our forum.

Basically long story short, a massive influx of members that posted like crazy made my forum considerably worse than when it was a cozy, welcoming, intelligent/fun place. So don't hold 182online to the "standard" of other more apparently bustling boards, because chances are excellent those places are filled with assholes, white noise, and blather.
Image


twitter

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#29470
Elevator wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:well, other forums are beside themselves. I'm quite happy with how this is gone so far?


As somebody who runs a forum with 1000 registered members but an active posting body of maybe 30, I know this anxiety. My board is a sports one about one team, so when that team is out of season and not generating headlines, things reduce to a trickle and that's okay.

One day several hundred new members descended upon my forum and overran it to the point of it crashing. We were really excited to have them in the fold until we realized that most of the outsiders were brazenly stupid, ignorant people who reduced the overall arc of intelligence drastically enough to make our base, our dedicated membership, consider leaving.

Ultimately I and the other admins decided that it'd be in the better interests of the board's long term health to kick off a number of troublemakers, which ultimately sent out a great deal of the morons while leaving a handful of really well-spoken, fun-loving members who are valuable as hell to our forum.

Basically long story short, a massive influx of members that posted like crazy made my forum considerably worse than when it was a cozy, welcoming, intelligent/fun place. So don't hold 182online to the "standard" of other more apparently bustling boards, because chances are excellent those places are filled with assholes, white noise, and blather.


Hear hear! What team? I think I remember from the old layout that it said you were from Chicago. If its Hawks or Cubs, I'll be running over to register. Sorry gotta keep this blink related.... ummmmm, matt skiba is from Chicago too!
Image

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#29471
blinkfan4evr54 wrote:
Elevator wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:well, other forums are beside themselves. I'm quite happy with how this is gone so far?


As somebody who runs a forum with 1000 registered members but an active posting body of maybe 30, I know this anxiety. My board is a sports one about one team, so when that team is out of season and not generating headlines, things reduce to a trickle and that's okay.

One day several hundred new members descended upon my forum and overran it to the point of it crashing. We were really excited to have them in the fold until we realized that most of the outsiders were brazenly stupid, ignorant people who reduced the overall arc of intelligence drastically enough to make our base, our dedicated membership, consider leaving.

Ultimately I and the other admins decided that it'd be in the better interests of the board's long term health to kick off a number of troublemakers, which ultimately sent out a great deal of the morons while leaving a handful of really well-spoken, fun-loving members who are valuable as hell to our forum.

Basically long story short, a massive influx of members that posted like crazy made my forum considerably worse than when it was a cozy, welcoming, intelligent/fun place. So don't hold 182online to the "standard" of other more apparently bustling boards, because chances are excellent those places are filled with assholes, white noise, and blather.


Hear hear! What team? I think I remember from the old layout that it said you were from Chicago. If its Hawks or Cubs, I'll be running over to register. Sorry gotta keep this blink related.... ummmmm, matt skiba is from Chicago too!


Bears, actually! We talk Cubs/Blackhawks in a subforum, but not many people post outside of the Bears/NFL convo, which is understandable. And yeah, Skiba wearing all this Chicago stuff won me over pretty quick. Cheap plug: BearsFansOnline.com.
Image


twitter

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#29474
The Pittsburgh Penguins Forum is my favourite. We're all ridiculous, sarcastic and basically joke around all day while actually talking about hockey a little bit in between. I have to hold back a lot on my smart-ass comments when I come here.

The Penguins are heading into a series against the Rangers tonight. The Rangers are Mark's Eastern Conference favourite NHL team and Lundqvist (the Rangers goalie) listens to blink-182 before every game.
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#29476
Timbo182 wrote:
MH8.2.2011 wrote:
And she said... wrote:
PantaRhei wrote:
MH8.2.2011 wrote:So has the complete opposite. People spend hours on Facebook and the like spewing crap like "lol blink-181" or "you mean +44".

So to hear someone whose more "famous" say the opposite is only fair. Things are going to get more nuts before they calm down...

Tell me how it's anything but completely pathetic.



He never said it wasn't pathetic, just that it was equally as pathetic as the people who take hours to type out "lol blink-181".


You always get me <33333

We minus well get thick skin about it now. Its not going away not for quite some time. Especially as the bandwagoners continue to hop on as the album nears release...

Has any one see blink confirm that show in Richmond yet?


Haven't seen blink confirm it but I saw it on Elliot in the Morning Facebook the other day.
When I first saw it I though it was bogus..I hope its not


Why would it be bogus?

I'm going to that show. Tickets go on sale on Friday.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#29477
So what's everyone's favorite type of soup? Mine is tomato bisque, but if I'm sick I'll fuck with chicken noodle.

Travis had soup once.

And she said... wrote:The Pittsburgh Penguins Forum is my favourite. We're all ridiculous, sarcastic and basically joke around all day while actually talking about hockey a little bit in between. I have to hold back a lot on my smart-ass comments when I come here.

The Penguins are heading into a series against the Rangers tonight. The Rangers are Mark's Eastern Conference favourite NHL team and Lundqvist (the Rangers goalie) listens to blink-182 before every game.


Pens are looking really good man. Is MAF good to go? You talking about the Pensblog forums btw? In all seriousness, is that true about Lundqvist listening to blink? In other hockey-related blink fandom, pretty sure Taylor Hall (Oilers winger) tweeted that he went to blink's reunion tour.
Image

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#29478
blinkfan4evr54 wrote:So what's everyone's favorite type of soup? Mine is tomato bisque, but if I'm sick I'll fuck with chicken noodle.

Travis had soup once.

And she said... wrote:The Pittsburgh Penguins Forum is my favourite. We're all ridiculous, sarcastic and basically joke around all day while actually talking about hockey a little bit in between. I have to hold back a lot on my smart-ass comments when I come here.

The Penguins are heading into a series against the Rangers tonight. The Rangers are Mark's Eastern Conference favourite NHL team and Lundqvist (the Rangers goalie) listens to blink-182 before every game.


Pens are looking really good man. Is MAF good to go? You talking about the Pensblog forums btw? In all seriousness, is that true about Lundqvist listening to blink? In other hockey-related blink fandom, pretty sure Taylor Hall (Oilers winger) tweeted that he went to blink's reunion tour.


MAF will be fine. I'm pretty sure Sullivan is just trying to play head games with the Rangers. I'm not too worried about it. Not the Pensbolg Forums. The actual official Penguins Messageboard on their website. We have no mod (well we have one, but he shows up for 5 minutes once every two weeks and leaves) and it is wonderful.

Lundqvist (from the 1:25 mark) :

Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#29480
c_ortiz93 wrote:Yayyyyy sports talk! Sort of.

Go Ducks
Go Dodgers
Go Cowboys (I know, I know)


Mark's an Eagles fan.
/obligatory blink-related text.


Corey Perry is a dingleberry pulled from an obese man's asshole. Tom's an asshole! (i kid)

Edit: poor Kay just wants to talk about the single/album release date and we've hijacked the forum for hockey and sports. Do they even have hockey in the UK Kay, or is everyone just playing cricket and footie?
Image

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron