Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#25365
Ryan. wrote:Can you blame people for being spiteful towards Tom?

No way in hell I would. Tom killed the joy of this band almost single-handily with his literal almost fuck all effort he put into it. I may not totally be with what Mark and Travis are doing keeping the blink name and all but I can understand it's the making best of a terrible situation which is all Tom's fault. Blink should of meant something else (more) to him considering it gave everything to him including the time he gets to spend with his family. He just thinks he's better than music now because he's been getting shit for his mostly AVA filler (arguably some blink filler) and now's wants to be a production guy which whatever I hope he may find all the success in the world going there but he still in getting there (miss)managed to lose the respect from blink fans that gave the chance to even do so and I know that kinda shit will bite on the grand stage of time so what a fucking waste of his talent using it to treat his people that he supposedly cares about this shitty. And he says blink has to be fun for him... I can't imagine it being that much fun with two miserable band-mates that find benefits to ousting the one in a press release that doesn't even seem to care if they do the fucking work they promised to ya know keep the band literally functioning. There is no place in blink to discuss this guy's involvement when it was hardly there. I don't think Tom wants to be a meaningful part of blink and for that I don't care either.
Image

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#25366
Waggy wrote:4. Most importantly... This isn't 1999 anymore guys. He's not the same person. Just accept that. Matt was loads better than Tom in those performances and to deny that just makes you delusional.


I'm not delusional for liking how one musician performs over another. Matt did a good job of filling in but compared to Tom that was just bland and boring to me in singing and guitar playing. I don't give a fuck if Tom isn't perfectly in tune at every show - he has a unique voice, a unique playing style and says some absolutely hilarious shit live all of which is gone now. I'm not gonna pretend these videos made me excited

I think every fan with a brain agrees Tom has turned nuts and was detrimental to the band for years now, but I just didn't think that performance was anything to get hyped about. Glad he's gone but not particularly interested in spending hours searching for every live video like I used to
Image

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#25367
Coffee Shampoo wrote:Skiba doesn't disappoint but I don't think I'm going to follow blink anymore if he remains a part of the band. I prefer Tom, bums me out but that's the way it is. So long.



BYEFELICA!


Bands change. It's hard to say blink changed their lead singer, but it will grow on us. Yeah it will never be the same, but that's okay because there is more passion and energy in the band now.

The reason why this show wasn't super energy hyped is because the venue is so damn small. There wasn't much for them to do on stage. It was also their first show together. I know I'd be kind of nervous too. Matt was trying to prove himself at the show. Making sure he sang correctly and played his guitar parts right. Which he fucking did! Musnik will be where all the energy is.
Image

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image
Image

Image

Image

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#25369
MilfredCubicle wrote:So I'm watching this for the first time ever. Tom was pretty fucking good! I think it's because no alcohol was involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCDr4CABn3c

If Tom's on stage with blink there is ALWAYS alcohol involved. Kinda sad he NEEDS to be drunk to have fun with Mark & Travis. And that show a few good songs, but I still saw him just absolutely wreck on some songs....

I was really surprised with his performance at Jones Beach in 2010 (The Second Show) ::Brain Williams: I was There :: and one of the self titled shows they did in 2013.
Image

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#25370
Elevator wrote:The Tom spite here is sad.


You know it's bad when you're the one saying it lol... I agree.

I would even go as far as to say I'm on the hating Tom bandwagon...except I don't have any ill-will towards the guy, so maybe I'm not. I was definitely super pissed at him when this all happened a couple months ago but at this point it's just a sucky situation. I feel like we're at least getting some slightly positive things out of it though.
I saw you again
I know you fucked him again
Can you comfort yourself with this sense of revenge?
Are you leaving me here with the taste of the end?

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#25372
MH8.2.2011 wrote:If Tom's on stage with blink there is ALWAYS alcohol involved. Kinda sad he NEEDS to be drunk to have fun with Mark & Travis.


I think it has more to do with the fact that he might feel he has to act a certain way with blink (say outrageously stupid/hilarious shit) and being drunk helps that. It could also have to do with calming the nerves before playing in front of way more people than he has to play in front of with AVA.

Then again, even Mark said that he still feels like Tom has fun on stage with blink, but just doesn't enjoy any other aspect. So maybe he does have to be drunk...
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#25373
And she said... wrote:
MH8.2.2011 wrote:If Tom's on stage with blink there is ALWAYS alcohol involved. Kinda sad he NEEDS to be drunk to have fun with Mark & Travis.


I think it has more to do with the fact that he might feel he has to act a certain way with blink (say outrageously stupid/hilarious shit) and being drunk helps that. It could also have to do with calming the nerves before playing in front of way more people than he has to play in front of with AVA.

Then again, even Mark said that he still feels like Tom has fun on stage with blink, but just doesn't enjoy any other aspect. So maybe he does have to be drunk...


He wasn't drunk that show. It was in the morning hours before on of their unititled anniversary shows. No way he's going to get shitfaced in the morning. Then maintain that shit faced attitude all day to play a hour long set. He was pretty damn good there. He wasn't slurring his words. He kept his composure pretty damn well. the only song he fucked up on was dammit
Image

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image
Image

Image

Image

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#25374
Waggy wrote:
Coffee Shampoo wrote:Skiba doesn't disappoint but I don't think I'm going to follow blink anymore if he remains a part of the band. I prefer Tom, bums me out but that's the way it is. So long.

Lol peace out.

Uh lol ... what?

You know an interesting band name would be? Blink Trio haha You know ... blink-182 and Alkaline Trio mixed together. Trio 182 lol ...
Last edited by Broccoli_Apocalypse on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#25376
Super stoked for tonight's show! Can't wait to get some more videos of Matt Skiba absolutely killing it! :) I hope that they change up the setlist just a little bit even if its just like 2 or 3 different songs! I would LOVE to see them do "Pathetic" or "Everytime I Look for You." But I am sure I am dreaming on both of those. Now if only Mark would do "Apple Shampoo" "Wasting Time" or "M+M's"

Realistically though it would be epic to see them rock out to "Josie" or "Stay Together for the Kids" and it not sound like it was not being sung by a dying cat being raped.
Image

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#25377
StrongTower182 wrote:Super stoked for tonight's show! Can't wait to get some more videos of Matt Skiba absolutely killing it! :) I hope that they change up the setlist just a little bit even if its just like 2 or 3 different songs! I would LOVE to see them do "Pathetic" or "Everytime I Look for You." But I am sure I am dreaming on both of those. Now if only Mark would do "Apple Shampoo" "Wasting Time" or "M+M's"

Realistically though it would be epic to see them rock out to "Josie" or "Stay Together for the Kids" and it not sound like it was not being sung by a dying cat being raped.



Yeah I wonder why Mark won't play those songs. Even though Apple Shampoo isn't a single most blink fans know the song. Plus only die hard blink fans would go to a blink show without Tom.

Mark needs to start manning up. I hate to say it, but he is in the background it seems. It's almost like he doesn't think he has the artistic ability to perform these songs anymore
Image

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image
Image

Image

Image

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#25378
MilfredCubicle wrote:Plus only die hard blink fans would go to a blink show without Tom.


Personally I disagree with this. I think if anything many of the diehard fans are less likely to show up because of the Tom thing. blink-182 has a huge radio presence and many of the people who enjoy the band probably don't even know who is Mark and who is Tom.

Of course this is just my opinion and I could be completely wrong. :wtf:
I saw you again
I know you fucked him again
Can you comfort yourself with this sense of revenge?
Are you leaving me here with the taste of the end?

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#25379
Zenigame96 wrote:
MilfredCubicle wrote:Plus only die hard blink fans would go to a blink show without Tom.


Personally I disagree with this. I think if anything many of the diehard fans are less likely to show up because of the Tom thing. blink-182 has a huge radio presence and many of the people who enjoy the band probably don't even know who is Mark and who is Tom.

Of course this is just my opinion and I could be completely wrong. :wtf:


I am pretty sure you're wrong. I think only die hard blink fans went to the show on thursday
Image

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image
Image

Image

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron