Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Fentoozler wrote:
Raku wrote:Some interesting stuff mentioned about blink in this interview, especially Tom...

http://propertyofzack.com/post/43507698 ... w-mixtapes

Man those drugs must have messed Tom up more than we thought.

He said this sentence, which we can end this entire interview on: “I’ve just been studying this stuff and your mind doesn’t use all the power that it can. You could be across the street standing on the rooftop of that building and standing where we are right now, and you wouldn’t know it because your mind wouldn’t allow you to.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There is actually some truth to what Tom is saying, or rather, trying to say... the world as you perceive it only exists as your brain allows it to exist. We are, in a sense, manufacturing our own world. Yes, there is quite a bit of potential to be unlocked by that knowledge. The problem is how do you you unlock that potential and still keep a healthy mind and functional perception of the world around you? You can't. We are structured at birth to shape our world a certain way and going against that would be unraveling reality as you know and trust it. Your brain won't let you do that, it's hara kiri and your body fights against that. That's why the insane don't know they are insane, the brain will fight to right the world it perceives it rather than acknowledge it's own flaws, the human perception can never be flawed, the brain, or its cognition at least, will shut down and collapse and people will go catatonic... I think that's the right word.... Tom is right in saying that you could technically perceive yourself in two places at once and that it would be reality just as strongly and realistic as reality is to you now. However, again, there's no real way of over-riding the brain's safety measures without destroying all conscious and subconscious functions. There are some interesting "ticks" that happen to people some times though that are based on the brain's perceptions... I'll try to find the medical article I was reading a few years back about people who perceive they've shrunken to be only inches from the ground and other stuff.

Oh, Baby... Good Times!

Tom was better on Wednesday haha, he was drunk but funnier last night. I have some bias of course but they're definitely the best band I've seen live. Won't lie and say the singing was amazing but perfect amount of banter, awesome lights, they don't go on with that crowd interaction bullshit (like "say ayyyyyyyoooooooooooo") and they still perform pretty well.

The crowd has loved it. A lot of us on the forums start to get sick of the set lists, but you can tell 95% of the people there have no idea what songs they are going to play haha.

Fentoozler wrote:New Mark and Tom interview. Pretty cool. http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/media/s3697370.htm
I love how Mark randomly mentioned +44, and his explanation of the meaning behind Dogs Eating Dogs.

Mark: "I was like, why don't we get an adult film star."
Tom: "And then they brought a girl in and you were like argh, ok, we can do that too."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

Wrecked Him wrote:There is actually some truth to what Tom is saying, or rather, trying to say... the world as you perceive it only exists as your brain allows it to exist. We are, in a sense, manufacturing our own world. Yes, there is quite a bit of potential to be unlocked by that knowledge. The problem is how do you you unlock that potential and still keep a healthy mind and functional perception of the world around you? You can't. We are structured at birth to shape our world a certain way and going against that would be unraveling reality as you know and trust it. Your brain won't let you do that, it's hara kiri and your body fights against that. That's why the insane don't know they are insane, the brain will fight to right the world it perceives it rather than acknowledge it's own flaws, the human perception can never be flawed, the brain, or its cognition at least, will shut down and collapse and people will go catatonic... I think that's the right word.... Tom is right in saying that you could technically perceive yourself in two places at once and that it would be reality just as strongly and realistic as reality is to you now. However, again, there's no real way of over-riding the brain's safety measures without destroying all conscious and subconscious functions. There are some interesting "ticks" that happen to people some times though that are based on the brain's perceptions... I'll try to find the medical article I was reading a few years back about people who perceive they've shrunken to be only inches from the ground and other stuff.

What are you trying to say? We perceive the world as it is, or rather to the extent our senses allow ourselves to. The ability to imagine yourself somewhere or sometime else is irrelevant to reality, regardless of how powerful or "real" it seems. And we know things are "real" if they are perceived through healthy perceptive organs. People who claim to see the world differently are either under a great misapprehension, or their perception isn't working properly, which can easily be determined with a brain scan.
So, no, we don't know whether what we see is actually real, but everything works well enough with that assumption. And conveniently, there is no way to prove it right or wrong. Now I won't deny this claim sounds very tempting and mind-boggling, but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest it is true. To be honest, sounds like your random New Age mumbo jumbo.

thedrippingofsweat wrote:
Wrecked Him wrote:People were concerned about Travis' commitment?

Idk on ava movement people are asking if blink is fucked again and with the whole AJ thing its just worrying :S

I don't understand why people think some Twitter tiff is a big deal, the damn thing lasted less than half an hour. It's weird to focus all that energy on such a meaningless minuscule thing that happened between people a world apart. The whole thing happened within the limits of 140 characters... it ridiculous.

Oh, Baby... Good Times!

Ryan. wrote:http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/blink_182s_take_off_your_pants_and_jacket_deluxe_edition_vinyl_to_finally_s?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=altpress

TOYPAJ vinyl pressing set for May 7th

LOL.
i even ordered a 7" at the time, but the 10% discount won't lead me to get one again >_>

I wanted you but never told. I went nowhere, you went gold...

my perfect setlist.

1) When I Was Young (Curtain up during intro, drops when they start singing)
2) Natives
3) Violence
4) I Miss You
5) After Midnight
6) Kaleidoscope
7) Dogs Eating Dogs
8) STFTK
9) Feeling This
10) All The Small Things
11) Wendy Clear or Mutt
12) Down
13) The Rock Show
14) Carousel
15) Stockholm Syndrome
16) MH 4.18.2011
17) Easy Target
18) Even if She Falls
19) Not Now
-----
Acoustic:
20) please take me home
21) Boxing Day
22) Story Of A Lonely Guy
----------
Encore:
23) WMAA
24) Dammit

thedrippingofsweat wrote:
Wrecked Him wrote:People were concerned about Travis' commitment?

Idk on ava movement people are asking if blink is fucked again and with the whole AJ thing its just worrying :S

If anything AVA is kind of fucked NIN is back together and doing a shitload of touring this year and next year, Ilan resuming his role on drums as well...So AVA won't be doing any touring any time soon.