Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Blink-Bournemouth wrote:
brian. wrote:I mean it's still horrendous compared to any decent live singer haha, but it's a HELL of a lot better than it was a couple years ago.

If I wanted to go based on the quality of singing I'd go watch some boring singer like Adele. Blink are awesome live regardless because they rock and put on a show, the thing with Tom is; good or bad, it couldn't be anybody else.

I never said anything like that. I'm just saying, Tom's never been a great live singer. This still isn't great, but it's decent for Tom. And compared to some singers it's still pretty bad. I'm not talking about Adele. Bands like Alkaline Trio, Deftones, bands like that are all much better vocally live than blink. And that's okay, because blink still puts on a kick ass show and I had the most fun at their show, but it's still true. Those other bands put on great shows too and they rock out as well, yet their voices still sound great.

Regardless, I'm glad Tom is sounding much better. I just never really understood the extreme drop off in his voice quality live. The MTATS tour he was like spot on. It was just around 2004 that he was like...wtf? And in 2009, and even some AvA videos from last year...his voice was almost comical it was so bad. I just don't get it sometimes haha. Tom has always rocked out and had fun, but there was a time long ago where his vocals were pretty close to the record, it hasn't been that way in some time and it still isn't really that way. He's been solid though, and even shown flashes here and there of his old self. But still not GREAT.

MexicanPirate wrote:To be fair to thardin, speculating about stuff relating to the band is the very reason message boards exist. Not sure, why everyone is jumping on him.

No one is jumping him, the point is that's its not an issue anymore so there's nothing to discuss. The conversation is moot, there is nothing to speculate on, it was a stupid Twitter fight. Why run everything into the ground with over-analyzed speculation about non-issues to the parties involved... it was a handful of tweets, let it go, there is no greater meaner or deeper context to the damn thing and it holds no consequences for the band, Travis, AJ or the shows or future shows. Pray tell me, how far can we really beat it to death?

Oh, Baby... Good Times!

I don't know, how far can the "Travis is holding Blink back" thing be beaten?

See how that works?

"Tom and Travis are my brothers and I'd do anything for those guys. When all of this is said and done, we'll all be together looking back going 'fuck, we made it'."
– Mark, UC2

"So many other bands just fight, they don't get along and hate each other, but when things come down the road that are hard and gnarly... It's just us three, I feel like it doesn't matter, I feel like we can do anything"
– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

But according to you, we should only talk about relevant stuff on here, how was that relevant? Just sounds like you are really mad that somebody returned one of the stones you threw from your glass house.

Ending it there.

"Tom and Travis are my brothers and I'd do anything for those guys. When all of this is said and done, we'll all be together looking back going 'fuck, we made it'."
– Mark, UC2

"So many other bands just fight, they don't get along and hate each other, but when things come down the road that are hard and gnarly... It's just us three, I feel like it doesn't matter, I feel like we can do anything"
– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

MexicanPirate wrote:But according to you, we should only talk about relevant stuff on here, how was that relevant? Just sounds like you are really mad that somebody returned one of the stones you threw from your glass house.

Ending it there.

I don't think proverbs are for you, especially if you're gonna put words in the mouth of others... or gift horse... fuck... umm a penny saved is two pence non-the-richer... Please, oh savior of Thardin have mercy on my nonsensical ways, your logic and intellect... its... too much... please, end it here! Also, the conversation was over a while ago so I guess I won that one, however, I did enjoy our little tiff!

Oh, Baby... Good Times!

– Mark, UC2

– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

brian. wrote:That thing between Travis and that AJ dude was resolved hours ago. Non issue now. Dude was acting like a tool.

Yes, it's a non-issue in the sense that the incident is over, but like you said, it ended hours ago, can you really blame people on a blink board for still wanting to talk about it?

Hell, The twitter beef happened late at night and started and ended so quickly that people are still just finding out about it now.

– Mark, UC2

– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

MexicanPirate wrote:

Not really. What a ridiculous thing to be mad about. I feel like you didn't get what was being said, you're just lashing out with vague caricatures of what you think my argument was just because you can't win the current conversation and you think you'll get to me like this. You won't, I promise. I don't work like that. Also, that meme was awful. If you're going to make me into one I expect it to be better. I feel like you didn't even try.

Oh, Baby... Good Times!

Wrecked Him wrote:Shh, Brian, he's trying to look good for Thardin and you're ruining it. Damn you, Brian, jerk!

Says the guy who claims to not be mad. Dude, let it go.

– Mark, UC2

– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

Hey, I just wanted to take a moment and bring back that time that the guys were playing a show and Mark starting talking shit to the bouncer and the bouncer wanted to kick his ass and was waiting for him after the show and then mark got into some random carand those people took him to taco bell or how about when Travis was mad at that guy who interviewed him... what do you guys think all that means... I mean seriously, let's really get to the bottom of it? We aren't just gonna speculate, we are gonna super-speculate! We should definitely talk about it!

Oh, Baby... Good Times!

MexicanPirate wrote:
Wrecked Him wrote:Shh, Brian, he's trying to look good for Thardin and you're ruining it. Damn you, Brian, jerk!

Says the guy who claims to not be mad. Dude, let it go.

You're not making sense... its weird. Its like you're just replying random shit, I feel like you're not giving this your best effort.
Also, I'm having fun so I don't want to let it go. What do you think this all means? You think we should wait until this conversation is over and then bring it back again?
Last edited by Wrecked Him on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, Baby... Good Times!

Wrecked Him wrote:Hey, I just wanted to take a moment and bring back that time that the guys were playing a show and Mark starting talking shit to the bouncer and the bouncer wanted to kick his ass and was waiting for him after the show and then mark got into some random carand those people took him to taco bell or how about when Travis was mad at that guy who interviewed him... what do you guys think all that means... I mean seriously, let's really get to the bottom of it? We aren't just gonna speculate, we are gonna super-speculate! We should definitely talk about it!

I agree, it is stupid to over analyze things, but that is exactly what you were doing with the Scott/Travis thing a couple pages back.

And as for you saying that I'm not making sense, there is some pot/kettle potential there.
Last edited by MexicanPirate on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

– Mark, UC2

– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

MexicanPirate wrote:
Wrecked Him wrote:Hey, I just wanted to take a moment and bring back that time that the guys were playing a show and Mark starting talking shit to the bouncer and the bouncer wanted to kick his ass and was waiting for him after the show and then mark got into some random carand those people took him to taco bell or how about when Travis was mad at that guy who interviewed him... what do you guys think all that means... I mean seriously, let's really get to the bottom of it? We aren't just gonna speculate, we are gonna super-speculate! We should definitely talk about it!

I agree, it is stupid to over analyze things, but that is exactly what you were doing with the Scott/Travis thing a couple pages back.

Not at all, two completely different conversations. Would you like to know why that is? Also, just so we are clear; I never said anything about Scott versus Travis by the way... again, I feel like you didn't even read what I was saying, you made assumptions and that's why you're wrong.
Last edited by Wrecked Him on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, Baby... Good Times!

No shit it's two completely different conversations, but you're arguing that overanalyzing is wrong. Go back and read through your novella on Scott/Travis and tell me that isn't overanalyzing.

– Mark, UC2

– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?