Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

RadRacer wrote:I remember not really 'getting' Untitled when it first came out. It didn't sound like Blink. But over the years it slowly became my favorite album. I think it has less to do with what era you fell in love with them, and more just your personal tastes.

Exactly! I got into blink with Dude Ranch, then I bought Enema and TOYPAJ as they came out and when the self-titled record came out I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, I would only tune in I Miss You, Feeling This and Always because they were catchy, as years went by I stumbled upon that record again after We Don't Need To Whisper came out and I totally loved it. It's one of my favourite albums from all time.
I'll keep my head exploding,
And keep on loving you,
Feed me; I'm your parasite.

Wrecked Him wrote: I'm just saying that Mark and Tom both rely too much on him. I am willing to bet that if Mark and Tom lost Travis and they decided to go on with Blink with another drummer the songs would be so much better written.

I understand your point and what you are trying to say, but I just can't believe the songs would be better, with a different and not as skilled drummer as Travis.

My reason? Tom is obviously in another band with another drummer who is far less capable of Travis's abilities (Atom Willard for all studio recorded songs minus the "Ep" which I don't count).

I don't see any difference in his songs and songwriting. They're actually probably even more repetitive and stale.

Now if your responding post back will say you only mean "Mark and Tom together", that is just a very far-stretched idea to try to make apparent or believable in 2013. We won't ever know how Mark and Tom do together, without Travis, but we know Tom is the exact same without Travis. What says Mark would be any different nowadays? Last time they did this was roughly 15-16 years ago. To make the Dude Ranch comparison is a weak argument, considering Mark and Tom are both completely different (and maybe worse) songwriters nowadays (as you admitted) than they were 15 years ago.

Still, good theory and good discussion to bring up! I just don't agree with you really at all haha

Murray182 wrote:
Barbs wrote:Has anyone else seen this? I think it sounds really good. I like some of Odi's stuff, but I don't like how much he changes the music. This is a pretty faithful recreation, only acoustic.

Would have been much better if he wasn't reading the lyrics off a sheet of paper...

But, it was pretty good.

I'm not really sure what difference that makes...

Tyler44 wrote:
Wrecked Him wrote: I'm just saying that Mark and Tom both rely too much on him. I am willing to bet that if Mark and Tom lost Travis and they decided to go on with Blink with another drummer the songs would be so much better written.

I understand your point and what you are trying to say, but I just can't believe the songs would be better, with a different and not as skilled drummer as Travis.

My reason? Tom is obviously in another band with another drummer who is far less capable of Travis's abilities (Atom Willard for all studio recorded songs minus the "Ep" which I don't count).

I don't see any difference in his songs and songwriting. They're actually probably even more repetitive and stale.

Now if your responding post back will say you only mean "Mark and Tom together", that is just a very far-stretched idea to try to make apparent or believable in 2013. We won't ever know how Mark and Tom do together, without Travis, but we know Tom is the exact same without Travis. What says Mark would be any different nowadays? Last time they did this was roughly 15-16 years ago. To make the Dude Ranch comparison is a weak argument, considering Mark and Tom are both completely different (and maybe worse) songwriters nowadays (as you admitted) than they were 15 years ago.

Still, good theory and good discussion to bring up! I just don't agree with you really at all haha

lol I don't think anyone will agree to that. It's pretty baffling that anyone would think that. Tom and Mark would be making the same songs regardless. Travis doesn't start every single song and then have Tom and Mark add on to it. It's probably the other way around for about 80% of their songs.

Tyler wrote:
doitforthekids wrote:AJ needs to stop publicising stuff that really shouldn't be.
The shit he's talking about really shouldn't be discussed over Twitter.

He's a nutter aye hahah. No idea if it's true but the guy sure doesn't care about posting anything publicly online.

Yeah I'm not sure, I feel like it was more miscommunication between him and Travis' management. Still kind of a dick move on his part, at least make sure your info is correct before posting it all over Twitter.

Taking off my blink-colored glasses and trying to be as impartial as possible, it does sound like Travis was looking for a pay-day (AJ may be embelishing the amount though) despite not going to Australia. If that is the case, I wonder how Mark and Tom feel about this? It's kind of weird that they haven't been quoted or took to twitter about Travis not going to Australia. I hope no in-band drama/confrontations come from this. We don't really know anything outside of Travis and Maddah's sides of the story which can only be taken at face value since they are the two with the most to defend.

The thing that is fishy about this is that Travis' stories don't match up at all. He says that he informed the band last summer that he wasn't going and that Mark and Tom already had found a replacement. But that was right around the same time Blink was announced for Soundwave and Travis was quoted as saying he thinks he will be able to do it. Pretty sure he gave an interview last month saying that he still planned on going.

One thing is for sure though, this will definitely be the last time Blink is a part of Soundwave.

"Tom and Travis are my brothers and I'd do anything for those guys. When all of this is said and done, we'll all be together looking back going 'fuck, we made it'."
– Mark, UC2

"So many other bands just fight, they don't get along and hate each other, but when things come down the road that are hard and gnarly... It's just us three, I feel like it doesn't matter, I feel like we can do anything"
– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?