Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Dookie wrote:
frisky wrote:
gompy182 wrote:one of the few blink songs where i dont know the words..... at all

I have the first verse down. Second verse, however, is a mess when I sing along.

I had this idea a little while back when someone uploaded the instrumental and I thought it would be funny:

Take the Party Song instrumental and upload your attempt at singing it all the way through. Like a competition thread. Some sort of honor code so no one reads off lyrics or whatever.

That would be hilarious. If we do it we should promise not to practice first so that eventually we all end up just becoming a blithering wreck. Just to see who could get the furtherest through the song.
Kind of like a musical version of this...

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

hahaha! i would fail so bad. it would be like "meehe mehe meehemeh love or affection emehemehem eme memehem eh.. AND THEN I SAW HER STANDING THERE WITH GREEN EYES AND LONG BLONDE HAIR!!!!!!!!"
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Well I was thinking we could start a competition thread overall, and have a new thing a week. Like the Party Song one week, next week would be the person's best rendition of Tom in his opening lines of I Miss You "Where are you..." Something funny like that and different every week.

EDIT: But you guys are gonna have to wait until after finals week... Way too stressed to do anything. But I'll get it started next weekend.

Dookie wrote:Well I was thinking we could start a competition thread overall, and have a new thing a week. Like the Party Song one week, next week would be the person's best rendition of Tom in his opening lines of I Miss You "Where are you..." Something funny like that and different every week.

EDIT: But you guys are gonna have to wait until after finals week... Way too stressed to do anything. But I'll get it started next weekend.

We can call it Blink Idol. haha

Might want to delay it till January. Everyone will be more interested in talking about the EP than doing a singing contest, more than likely.

ILikeBlink182 wrote:They sound like every other pop punk band these days, feels like you've heard the songs countless times from other bands already... but then again i'm just so sick of that genre right now..

I can give you some actual pop punk that doesn't sound like the shitty pop punk you're sick of...

Haha I feel like that creepy guy in a van. "Hey, kid, would you like some candy?"

Oh, Baby... Good Times!

I'm more of a fan of blink's alternative rock phase, but I've been thinking it would be cool if they went back to basics with their music (just for an album and not the next one) sometime in the future. Obviously the lyrics wouldn't be as focused in teen angst, though. Something in the lines of Bad Religion, 90s punk / melodic hardcore. Fast, angry and raw. It would be interesting, imo...

fran.182 wrote:I'm more of a fan of blink's alternative rock phase, but I've been thinking it would be cool if they went back to basics with their music (just for an album and not the next one) sometime in the future. Obviously the lyrics wouldn't be as focused in teen angst, though. Something in the lines of Bad Religion, 90s punk / melodic hardcore. Fast, angry and raw. It would be interesting, imo...

Would be cool, but stuff like that is always just a pipe dream from us fans. Even when bands themselves compare a new album to their older material it's never really the same.