Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Look, I'm kinda on board with Kay that everyone is being a tad over-dramatic. Not sure what it is about our society nowadays, but there is absolutely no room for nuance. Everything is so polarized; you're either with us or against us. You either love California or think it sucks. I know how I feel: I love skiba, happy that blink is continuing with him, still think it feels different, still miss tom, think California was mediocre, but still love and support the band. And you know what, I enjoy reading Broc and MH's defending California just as much as I love reading about people who hate it just as much as I love reading about how people think its just okay. This is a blink forum to talk about blink. If some fans are disappointed, that's a fair opinion. If some fans are thrilled that's a fair opinion. I'll never understand why a little bit of disagreement has to equal "toxic." If this place is dying down because of lack of enthusiasm for blink, so be it, that's just how it is. But let's not start pointing fingers and creating enemies out of each other. It's annoying, It's very "internet," and its a problem with society as a whole that is causing drastic consequences.

fin.

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

frisky wrote:
OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:And yeah.... I feel a bit better...

You misspelled "bitter."

And there is your Quip of the Day.

:lol:

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7632325/blink-182-interview-california-deluxe-grammy-2017-travis-barker-mark-hoppus

Hoppus: It’s more than a whole other record, it’s a double album at this point and it’s more of an extension of what we did in the studio earlier. Some of the songs were songs that we did not put on the first album, but are great songs. And some are brand new that we just wrote last week, a lot of high-energy songs, punk rock, some more ballad-y songs, a little more electronic experimentation, it’s a good mix. It’s not a collection of throwaway songs, it’s like a whole other album.

Another article, not sure if it's mostly the same info... But I'm stoked regardless:

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2016/12/21/blink-182-deluxe-edition-california-almost-like-new-album/

Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

I'm pretty stoked. I'm interested about the possible electronic stuff. I was actually kind of let down with plus 44 (even though I loved the album) since plus 44 was going to be, like, an electronic album. Freakin loved the sound of the song When Your Heart Stops Beating. Would LOVE if blink embraces this ..... but not by going the whole synth route. Take forever to make a "sound." Go nuts.

OMG. I want this NOW!!!
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

I want a crazy abstract concept album from blink (obviously never happening) but songs like Fighting the Gravity and Los Angeles are so different from everything else they've ever done.

blinkfan4evr54 wrote:A little confused as to whether these songs are "Feldmann" songs or whether he is producing this latest batch of recordings.

Based on this Travis quote to Feldmann, it's likely he's producing.

“I was like, ‘Dude, we got a problem, the deluxe album might even be better than California.’ It’s a good problem to have, but, oh s—, it’s incredible. It’s kind of like a mind f— because it should almost be a new album. But it just goes to show how natural and organic things are happening and how fun this process has been because it’s not hard to go write great songs and make fun music that we love creating and listening to. And the results are great. The deluxe album will be neck-and-neck with California. It’s in no way fillers.”

Let us have a banhammer like the good old days,

restingbird wrote:
blinkfan4evr54 wrote:A little confused as to whether these songs are "Feldmann" songs or whether he is producing this latest batch of recordings.

Based on this Travis quote to Feldmann, it's likely he's producing.

“I was like, ‘Dude, we got a problem, the deluxe album might even be better than California.’ It’s a good problem to have, but, oh s—, it’s incredible. It’s kind of like a mind f— because it should almost be a new album. But it just goes to show how natural and organic things are happening and how fun this process has been because it’s not hard to go write great songs and make fun music that we love creating and listening to. And the results are great. The deluxe album will be neck-and-neck with California. It’s in no way fillers.”

See that's what confused me. I read that as him saying "Yo Feldmann, not to step on your toes, but I feel like the shit we're doing now is better than the shit we did." I don't think that's definitive one way or the other.

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!