Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

I don't understand how this is a pop album. Do people even listen to what's out there? Like .... do people actually know what pop is?

And I agree with all of the Grammy wins except Santana. That being said, that guy is pretty talented. But most of the bands are fucking great. I hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers but Californication was fucking rad as hell. LOVED that album. It was almost as magical as Enema. It was a masterpiece. A masterpiece, I say. And Audioslave should've won, hands down. That band needs to come back so hard. So hard.

But in all seriousness, besides I Miss You, for the kind of band blink was back then, the singles really didn't do that much. In fact, there were many people who never even heard Feeling This or Down for years and years, and only became aware of them when blink came back and did the 2009 tour. It was kind of a step back.

But in a world where rock bands don't use guitars anymore, it's insane that any of blink's singles have charted, especially after losing a sole member. It's insane.

I think the critics just saw untitled as a BCR part II, hence it being swept under the rug.

And how was untitled blink? It was a complete 180(2) of their previous work. If anything, when taking their whole catalog into consideration in 2003, it was the least sounding blink album of all time lol
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

While I agree that Audioslavs should have won, Untitled exemplifies what blink is to me personally and is considered their best work by a large portion of their fan base. That was the album that locked them in as my favorite album front to back. It's pretty easy to see the transgression from TOYPAJ to BCR to Untitled. Even Untitled to Neighborhoods. They got "darker" with each release, save for Neighborhoods.

Stoked for the Untitled 15-year anniversary tour with Tom in 2018 ;)

California is by no means a pop. I listened to some pop in the car the other day. I wanted to crash my car. California is "poppier" than Self-titled I'll say that. And some of those songs were written in a manner a lot of pop artists do. But even with those elements it retained a very blink sound. I think part of that is why its getting recognition. Partially why months later I've gained a bit of respect for the album and the writing process taken. I'm hoping the extra songs are written by Matt & Mark themselves alone. But so long as Feldmans involved I can't see that happening.

I listened to some clips from the recent live shows. I enjoyed them. The sweeden show was surprisingly Mark heavy considering the Majority of the US Tours were not.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

xDumpweed182x wrote:Deluxe edition is supposed to come out mid February and the song Mark is most proud of writing recently is called Rushing Rivers.

I think next February is too far away from this past July to re-release a special edition. I'd rather it just be an EP. Then again, ADTR got away with re-releasing a record 13 months later. At least throw in a live performance or something, guys!

Christian wrote:
xDumpweed182x wrote:Deluxe edition is supposed to come out mid February and the song Mark is most proud of writing recently is called Rushing Rivers.

I think next February is too far away from this past July to re-release a special edition. I'd rather it just be an EP. Then again, ADTR got away with re-releasing a record 13 months later. At least throw in a live performance or something, guys!

When are the Grammys? Maybe they're trying to position it to come out around there so it boosts the sales a bit.

Yeah I wish they would just release it as an EP. The album is already 16 tracks...we're gonna add another 6-8 songs? We are all going to think of it as a seperate entity than California so why not just brand it as separate too? I already bought the album I ain't re-buying it for these songs (as I assume it'll be more expensive to include the already released album).

plopbellie wrote:
frisky wrote:blink will be the new Fall Out Boy. Calling it now.

I called that over a year ago or so and everyone got angry with me lol

That's because you aren't frisky.

A grammy would be the most amazing fuck you to Tom. Can't wait.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

yodda wrote:
Kyle wrote:A grammy would be the most amazing fuck you to Tom. Can't wait.

Not really
Tom could have quite easily pumped out a California - he probably would have produced a way better single than Bored To Death
difference is he doesn't wanna live in the past

Lol. What? Tom tried that ..... and more ...... with that odds and end thing. There was even a song on there that was more punk-y than "My First Punk Song" or whatever.

The way he marketed AvA (especially Whisper), you can bet your bottom dollar that he was trying more than anything to get recognition. And yet, he didn't.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music